A few days ago, we shared about a new requirement for getting a work visa permit in the UAE. Starting February 4, all job applicants will need to submit a “Good Conduct and Behavior Certificate.” This applies to UAE nationals, residents, and applicants outside the country.
The UAE Government’s Coordination Committee announced the new requirement, which is part of the implementation of Cabinet Resolution No. (1/8#) for 2017. This involves the conduct of background checks on foreign workers before they are allowed to work in the country.
Guide to Applying for a Good Conduct Certificate
By adding the Good Conduct Certificate as a job visa requirement, the UAE Government will be able to screen all applicants who are planning to work in the country. It is a tremendous help towards their efforts to build a safer and more peaceful community for everyone.
Basically, the Good Conduct Certificate must be:
- Issued by the applicants’ home country or country of residency for the past 5 years
- Attested by UAE diplomatic missions abroad or through Customer Happiness Centres of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation
NOTE: If you live outside of the UAE, you need to go to the police station, get your fingerprints scanned, and submit these to the UAE Embassy in your home country/country of residency.
Getting the Good Conduct Certificate in the UAE
If you are already working in the UAE and you’re planning to apply for another job, you also need the Good Conduct Certificate. Be sure to prepare your valid Emirates ID as well as an active email address.
You can inquire/apply for the certificate by:
- Calling 901 or sending a message to email@example.com (inquiries only)
- Logging online via the Dubai Police website
- Going in person to any Police Station or office of the General Department of Criminal Investigation (Sundays to Thursdays only, from 7:30 am – 2:30 pm)
NOTE: If your Emirates ID is not valid because you are in-between jobs, you may be asked to present your old ID or ID number as proof that you have one.
How Much Does it Cost?
The cost of the Good Conduct Certificate is as follows:
- For UAE Nationals – AED 100
- For UAE Residents – AED 200
- For Applicants Outside UAE – AED 300
- Knowledge Fee – AED 10
- Innovation Fee – AED 10
The Good Conduct Certificate is one of the ways to ensure a safe and peaceful community. Whether you’re already a resident of the UAE, or applying for a job from outside the country — don’t forget to add this document to your list of requirements. Good luck!
DISCLAIMER: The topics presented in this article are for information-sharing purposes only. To know more about the requirements and procedure for getting a Good Conduct Certificate in the UAE, please visit the official website of the Dubai Police.