Whenever you go to the Philippines for a vacation, don’t forget to renew your Overseas Employment Certificate (OEC) before returning abroad. You can have this processed while you are in the country, but what if you need to apply for it when you are outside the Philippines?
Here in Dubai, you can get your Overseas Employment Certificate through the Philippine Consulate or Philippine Overseas Labor Office (POLO). Keep on reading to know more about the requirements, fees, and procedure for getting an OEC while staying in the emirate.
Guide to Applying for an OEC in Dubai
Before getting an OEC, make sure that your membership status with the Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA) is active. Otherwise, you will need to update your membership status and accomplish the agency’s OFW Information Sheet.
To apply for an OEC, make sure that you have these on hand:
- Original and two (2) photocopies of passport
- Confirmed round-trip plane ticket
For Balik-Manggagawa, household service workers, and housemaids — you will need to prepare these additional requirements:
- Original and two (2) photocopies of immigration contract
- Original and two (2) photocopies of residence visa
- Two (2) photocopies of the sponsor’s passport
- Sponsor’s affidavit of undertaking
- Sponsor’s information sheet
- Sponsor’s residence visa copy (if sponsor is non-local)
In addition, prepare the following amounts:
- OWWA membership – AED 92
- OEC – AED 10
Once you have these requirements and fees ready, follow these steps:
- Secure an appointment online through the POLO website or via the Balik-Manggagawa Online Processing System. You will need to create an account before logging-in.
- Accomplish the OEC BM Online appointment form and print three (3) copies.
- On the set date, go to POLO Dubai and submit your appointment form, along with the other requirements.
- Pay the necessary fees and wait for your OEC.
DISCLAIMER: The details presented above are for information sharing purposes only. To know more about how you can apply for an OEC in Dubai, please visit the POLO website.