We recently dropped by the PCG office to cast our votes for this upcoming Philippine National Elections. For overseas Filipino workers, our voting schedule started last April 9 and will end this May 9. The month-long voting gives us time to plan our days off or time off from work to visit the Consulate in Al Qusais.
We have to say that voting is very easy, especially if there’s no queue in the office. We encourage all certfied voters to cast your votes and make it count. Schedule of voting is from
- 9 April to 8 May 2016 – 9am to 9pm
- 9 May 2016 – am to 1pm
Related Post: List of Certified OFW Voters in Dubai
Voting at the PCG Dubai Office in Al Qusais
Registered Filipino voters in Dubai, it’s easy to vote for the coming elections, you can spend a maximum of 15 minutes (or less) when voting.
It’s a fast and easy process, here’s how it went for us.
1. At the office, show your ID (voter’s ID/passport/Emirates ID) to the staff. They will verify your name if you are eligible to vote according to the list of certified voters.
2. Once your name is called, you will be tasked to sit in an assigned seat in the voting area to start voting. You are allowed to vote:
- 1 (one) President,
- 1 (one) Vice President,
- 12 (twelve) Senators, and
- 1 (one) Party-list group.
3. After choosing your candidates, you may submit your ballot to the staff and they will issue a voter’s receipt. Double check the receipt if it reflects your votes correctly. If there are objections, you can inform the poll clerk and make sure it is noted.
4. Drop the receipt on the voter’s receipt box.
Note: You are not allowed to use your mobile phone while in the voting area.
This is a very smooth process of voting, so while there’s still time, visit the PCG Dubai office and cast your votes!
Reminder When visiting the PCG Office:
- no slippers
- no sando
- no short pants
- no plunging necklines
Follow us on Twitter to get job updates and news!