PCG Dubai has released a statement concerning the UAE amnesty program for illegal residents. The program will take effect from 1 August to 31 October 2018 and they advise visa violators who want to take part in it to file during the amnesty period.
Note: This applies to those who have visas in Dubai. For other emirates, please refer to this Abu Dhabi Phil Embassy Amnesty announcement.
Also Read: Major Changes in Visa Policies in UAE
Also, here are some FAQs about the amnesty program.
The Consulate General of the Philippines in Dubai and Northern Emirates would like to share with Filipinos in DUBAI the announcement from the UAE Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship regarding the UAE Initiative “Protect yourself by Modifying your Status”
AMNESTY 2018 (01 August – 31 October 2018)
Manual of Procedures for Violator’s Time-limit
Rectifying Violator’s Status (Amer Centers):
- Exemption from all applicable financial penalties (Penalties of Residency – Emirates ID –Labor Card).
- Closing absconding case without recourse to the sponsor.
- Fees for rectifying the status (521) AED.
- Adherence to the residency conditions in case of renewal of visa or new sponsor.
Exit of Violators (Al Aweer):
- Shall be exempted from penalties and closing the absconding case, if any.
- Fees for individuals applying for closing the absconding case 121, for private institutions 521, for government institutions 71.
- Exit permit fees 221 AED.
- In case of exit, passport is required.
- In case there is no passport, travel document shall be issued from the consulate after submitting certificate “To Whom It May Concern” about the loss of passport.
- Violators must provide the ticket and the travel date must be booked after 10 days of visiting the amnesty headquarter.
- Violator’s exit will be without a ban.
- Countries of wars and disasters (Syria-Yemen-Libya).
- Temporary residency for 6 months shall be issued by the Ministry of Human Resources and Emiratization.
- Beneficiaries of violators, amnesty for visas and entry permits of Dubai only.
- In case the violator wishes to rectify his status inside the country and the visa is issues from another emirate and he has an absconding notification, he should contact the same emirate to close the absconding case.
For inquiries, please send an email to: email@example.com