Just last week, more than 5000 Filipino fans flocked to the Al Ghurair Centre to see Erich Gonzales, Enchong Dee, and Matteo Guidicelli during the Global Pinoy Idol promotion. And now, there is one more reason to get really excited about — Pinoy Music Jam 2018!!!
Pinoy Music Jam is one of the biggest Filipino musical festivals in the UAE. This year’s event will be brought to us by UK Worldwide Group, through Al Tayya Films, Gulf Today reported. Fans of original Pinoy music (OPM) shouldn’t miss this event, which is happening on November 15 and 16 in Dubai.
Coming Soon: Biggest Filipino Music Festival in Dubai
Event producer Al Tayya Films, together with organiser Fluid Events, is bringing 10 of the biggest names in the Philippine music industry for a 2-day music festival. More than 20,000 Filipino music lovers are expected to join Pinoy Music Jam 2018!
Through this event, organisers aim to bring joy to the thousands of Filipinos living in Dubai and across the UAE. It also seeks to introduce other nationalities to Pinoy music, which is popular wherever there are Filipinos — many of which are music lovers (and singers) themselves!
Featuring 10 Filipino Bands & Performers
Who can we expect to see at Pinoy Music Jam 2018? The first day, 15th November, will feature the following bands:
- Autotelic. This indie-alternative rock band is known for their hits, “Laro,” “Languyin,” and “Gising.”
- Sandwich. Formed in 1998, this rock band is popular for their songs, “Sugod” and “Betamax.”
- Ben & Ben. This is an indie-folk pop band known for the hit song, “Kathang Isip.”
- Parokya ni Edgar. Popular since the early 1990s, this band is known for numerous hits. They have even been called, “Pambansang Banda ng Pilipinas” (National Band of the Philippines)!
The second day, 16th November, will feature these bands and personalities:
- K Brosas. This multi-talented performer is a popular host, singer, comedian, and actress in the Philippines.
- Kyla. With her quintessential hit, “Hanggang Ngayon,” she is the undisputed “Queen of R&B.”
- Angeline Quinto. This famous singer and TV personality has been dubbed as the “Queen of Teleserye Themes.”
- Hale. Formed in 2004, this alternative rock band is known for their hits, “Kahit Pa” and “Kung Wala Ka.”
- Silent Sanctuary. This rock band is popular for their songs “Kundiman,” “Pasensya Ka Na,” and “Sa’yo.”
- IV of Spades. Known for their 70’s-inspired looks, this band is known for their smash hit, “Mundo,” which has more than 80 million views on YouTube!
Tickets & Event Information
The venue and schedule for the 2-day music festival are as follows:
What: Pinoy Music Jam 2018
Where: Zabeel Halls 3 & 4, Dubai World Trade Centre
When: November 15, 2018 (gate opens at 7pm) / November 16, 2018 (gate opens at 4pm)
General Admission – AED 95
Golden Circle – AED 200
VIP – AED 350
General Admission – AED 170
Golden Circle – AED 370
VIP – AED 500
Meanwhile, here is a promotional video of Pinoy Music Jam 2018, shared by Al Tayya Events Facebook Page:
We heard that tickets are selling fast, so be sure to purchase your 1-day or 2-day passes as soon as you can. Pinoy Music Jam is bound to be the biggest music festival of the year! Speaking of which, there’s another major event that’s happening just one week from now. Check out Sarah Geronimo’s “This I5 Me” World Tour, which will take place on 20th September in Dubai!