Turkey is fast becoming a top travel destination these days. More and more tourists are coming to see the historic Hagia Sophia in Istanbul, the hot springs of Pamukkale, the Greek statues at Mount Nemrut, and many other exciting attractions.
If you are planning to visit Turkey on your next vacation, the first step would be to apply for a tourist visa. Read on to know more about the required documents, the e-Appointment System, and the latest alternative, e-Visa.
Guide to Turkish Tourist Visa Application in Dubai
The first step in getting a Turkey tourist visa is to apply through their e-Appointment System (click here to apply). Once your initial application is approved and you have an interview appointment, bring the required documents to the office of the Consulate General.
Here are the requirements in applying for a Turkey tourist visa:
- Filled out Application Form — Download the Form Here
- Two Photos (5cm x 6cm) — Attach one photo to the application form. The other photo will be given to the visa officer.
- Original Passport — Make sure that it is valid for at least 180 days before the date of travel.
- Copies of your Passport and UAE Residency Visa — You may want to bring the original documents as well, just to be on the safe side.
- No Objection Certificate (NOC) — From your employer or sponsor
- Bank Statement — For the last three months; original and stamped. If you are unemployed or do not have a bank account, you can submit the bank statement of your sponsor instead.
- Salary Certificate — If you are unemployed, submit a copy of your sponsor’s passport.
- Copies of Booking Round Trip Tickets and Hotel Reservations
- Letter from the Travel Agency (only if your trip is organized by a travel agency)
- Invitation Letter from the Turkish Host — This may be required by the Consulate General when you submit your application. The letter should include your host’s name, Turkish identification number, address, and contact information. It should also include a declaration from your host, stating that he / she will cover all the costs related to your visit.
- Make sure that you have medical insurance that will be valid during your trip to Turkey.
- For best results, apply for a tourist visa at least 4 weeks before your date of travel.
- Upon approval of the initial application, the processing of your visa will take 4-7 work days.
- The visa fee may vary from 220-330 AED. All fees must be paid in UAE Dirhams. Credit card transactions will not be accepted.
1. Book an appointment at the Consulate General Turkey in Dubai.
2. Submit your documents and answer the questions the officer will ask during your travel. The officer will verify your papers.
3. Once accepted, you will be asked to pay the application fee and they will give you a token and inform you when you can collect your passport with the Turkey visa stamp.
4. Pick-up your passport on the scheduled date of collection!
Aside from visas issued by the Turkish Embassy, you may obtain an e-Visa instead. This is an alternative official document that you can use to enter Turkey. It is offered to certain countries / travel documents (Philippine passport included), as long as you meet the requirements.
As the term suggests, you can apply for the e-Visa online (click here to apply), enter the required information, and pay fees using a credit or debit card (i.e. Mastercard, Visa, or UnionPay). Once your application is completed, you will receive a link from which you can download your e-Visa. This will be checked by passport control officers at the port of entry.
- Make sure that you keep a softcopy of your e-Visa on your smartphone, tablet, laptop, etc.
- Print out a hardcopy of your e-Visa before your trip, just in case!
For more information and an updated list of requirements, you can contact the Turkish Consulate General in Dubai through the following:
Address: 8th Floor, Dubai World Trade Center Building, P.O. Box 9221, Dubai, U.A.E.
Phone: +971 4 331 47 88
Google Map Location of the Turkish Consulate General in Dubai
Here’s a location map of the Consulate office of Turkey in Dubai:
Here are some links to Filipino bloggers in Dubai who have shared their experience applying for a short-term tourist visa for Turkey.
- Lady and Here Sweet Escapes – http://www.ladyandhersweetescapes.com/2015/10/turkey-tourist-visa-application-dubai.html
- Sheila of ABandMe.com – http://www.abandme.com/how-to-apply-for-turkish-visa-for-filipinos-in-dubai/
- Doc Gelo of DocGelo.com – http://docgelo.com/2015/02/24/istanbul-my-travel-checklist-and-turkey-tourist-visa-requirements-for-filipinos-in-dubai/