As an employee, it is important that you know your limits as an employee and you are aware of the scenarios that can get you fired or dismissed from your job. We are sharing this list of offenses based on Article 120 of the UAE Labour Law.
Let this be a tip to help you understand better what are grave actions that might cause you your job. Take note that aside from getting terminated, there are also cases wherein you might be imposed with a ban and depending on the ban, you might not be allowed to work in the UAE at all.
Actions that Will Get you Dismissed from your Job – UAE Labour Law Article 120
an employer has the right to terminate an employee if the employee commits the following offenses:
- Assume a false identity or nationality or submits forged certificates or documents.
- Is engaged on probation and is dismissed during or at the end of the probationary period;
- Commits a fault resulting in substantial material loss to the employer, provided that the latter notifies the labour department of the incident within 48 hours of his becoming aware of its occurrence;
- Disobeys instructions on the safety of work or workplace, provided that such instructions are in writing and posted at a conspicuous place and are communicated verbally to the worker, in case he is illiterate;
- Defaults on his basic duties under the contract and fails to redress such default despite a written interrogation and a warning that he will be dismissed if such default is repeated;
- Is finally convicted by a competent court of a crime against honour, honesty or public morals
- Reveals any confidential information of his employer;
- Is found in a state of drunkenness or under the influence of a narcotic drug during working hours;
- Assaults the employer, the manager in charge or any of his workmates during working hours; or
- Absents himself from work without a valid reason for more than 20 non-successive days in one single year, or for more than seven successive days.
Source: UAE Ministry of Labour
Helpful Articles Regarding UAE Labour:
- What is a Limited Contract?
- What is an Unlimited Contract?
- How to Lift UAE Labour Ban?
- How to View Your UAE Labour Contract Online
- Difference Between Limited and Unlimited Contract
- Types of UAE Ban (Labour Ban-6 Months Ban, One Year Ban, Immigration Ban)