Another case of the new coronavirus has been confirmed in the UAE. According to a post shared by the Emirates News Agency, WAM, the Ministry of Health & Prevention announced its 8th confirmed case of the novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV) which is from an Indian national who interacted with a recently diagnosed person.
Below is the tweet from the Ministry of Health & Prevention:
The Ministry of Health and Prevention announced today the eighth confirmed case of new #coronavirus in the UAE, which is an Indian national who had interacted with a recently diagnosed person.#mohap_uae
— وزارة الصحة ووقاية المجتمع الإماراتية – MOHAP UAE (@mohapuae) February 10, 2020
Please see the full statement below:
New coronavirus: Eighth case confirmed in UAE
The Ministry of Health and Prevention announced today the eighth confirmed case of new coronavirus in the UAE, which is an Indian national who had interacted with a recently diagnosed person.
The Ministry announced Sunday the country’s first recovery of a new coronavirus case, a 73-year-old Chinese patient.
“All reported cases are in stable condition, except for one case, who is being put under close observation by a team of senior consultants at the Intensive Care Unit,” a statement by the Ministry said.
“We assure members of the community that we are taking all adequate preventive measures including check-ups and observation of the patients’ escorts,” it added.
The Ministry also confirmed that, in coordination with health and other concerned authorities in the country, it has taken all the necessary precautions to ensure that highly efficient preventive measures are in place.
It urged the public to follow the preventive procedures and to read the awareness instructions, available on its website and the official websites of health authorities in the UAE.
“The public are also advised to adopt protective health behaviours to avoid infectious diseases, including washing hands with soap and clean water, and covering the mouth when coughing or sneezing to stop the spread of germs and viruses,” the statement said.
“In cooperation with key partners, we follow a very effective epidemiological monitoring mechanism – in accordance with the highest global practices and based on World Health Organisation’s standards – to respond to any health emergencies,” it added.
- Updates about Coronavirus in UAE:
- UAE Confirms First Case of New Coronavirus
- UAE Warns against Rumours about Coronavirus in the UAE
- 4 members of Chinese family infected with new coronavirus in UAE
- UAE Ministry of Health & Prevention: “General Health Situation is not a Cause of Concern”
- 2019-nCoV Coronavirus Declared as a Global Health Emergency
- UAE Announces 5th Case of Coronavirus Infection
- PLEASE READ: UAE Health Ministry Guidelines on Coronavirus 2019-nCoV
- Burj Khalifa Lights up and Shows Support for Wuhan China
- UAE Suspends Flights to China (Except Beijing)
- 2 New Cases of Coronavirus Announced in UAE
- Philippine Embassy in UAE to Assist UAE Authorities with Filipino Infected with Coronavirus
- UAE’s First Case of 2019-nCoV Coronavirus Recovers
- 8th Case of New Coronavirus Confirmed in UAE