The Ministry of Health and Prevention (MOHAP) announces the 9th coronavirus (COVID-19) case in the UAE. According to a report from Emirates News Agency, WAM, the 9th Covid-19 case comes from a 37-year old Chinese national and was diagnosed during a routine check-up.
So far, among the 9 patients, 3 of them have been discharged as they’ve reported to be fully recovered.
Below is the official Tweet from MOHAP:
— وزارة الصحة ووقاية المجتمع الإماراتية – MOHAP UAE (@mohapuae) February 16, 2020
WAM/Hassan Bashir/Hazem Hussein – The Ministry of Health and Prevention, MOHAP, announced a new Coronavirus, COVID19, case on Sunday bringing the number of those infected in the UAE to nine.
The latest case, a 37-year old Chinese, was diagnosed during a routine check-up conducted as per the World Health Organisation, WHO, standards. His condition is now stable.
This brings to nine the total number of COVID19 cases diagnosed in the UAE, including the three patients who were recently confirmed fully recovered. The remaining six patients are still under intensive care and observation by a team of leading consultants.
The Ministry said it in coordination with health and other concerned authorities in the country, it has been following a very effective epidemiological monitoring mechanism, and taking all the necessary precautions to ensure that highly efficient preventive measures, including check-ups and observation of the people who have been in contact with patients- in accordance with the highest global practices.
It urged the public to follow the preventive procedures and to read the awareness instructions, available on its website and the official websites of health authorities in the UAE.
“The public are also advised to adopt protective health behaviours to avoid infectious diseases, including washing hands with soap and clean water, and covering the mouth when coughing or sneezing to stop the spread of germs and viruses,” the statement said.
Updates about COVID-19 in the UAE:
- UAE Confirms First Case of New Coronavirus
- UAE Warns against Rumours about Coronavirus in the UAE
- 4 members of Chinese family infected with new coronavirus in UAE
- UAE Ministry of Health & Prevention: “General Health Situation is not a Cause of Concern”
- 2019-nCoV Coronavirus Declared as a Global Health Emergency
- UAE Announces 5th Case of Coronavirus Infection
- PLEASE READ: UAE Health Ministry Guidelines on Coronavirus 2019-nCoV
- Burj Khalifa Lights up and Shows Support for Wuhan China
- UAE Suspends Flights to China (Except Beijing)
- 2 New Cases of Coronavirus Announced in UAE
- Philippine Embassy in UAE to Assist UAE Authorities with Filipino Infected with Coronavirus
- UAE’s First Case of 2019-nCoV Coronavirus Recovers
- 8th Case of New Coronavirus Confirmed in UAE
- UAE Coronavirus Cases to be Treated FREE of Cost Even Without Insurance
- COVID-19 is the official name of the new coronavirus – WHO