The Ministry of Health and Prevention (MOHAP) announces two new cases of the new coronavirus (COVID-19) in the UAE. According to a report from Emirates News Agency, WAM, this totals the number of cases in the country to 11. The nationalities of these two new cases include a 34-year old Filipino and a 39-year old Bangladeshi. Both are in stable condition.
So far, among the 11 patients, 3 of them have been discharged as they’ve reported to be fully recovered.
Below is the announcement of MOHAP on their Twitter Page:
— وزارة الصحة ووقاية المجتمع الإماراتية – MOHAP UAE (@mohapuae) February 21, 2020
UAE announces two cases of new COVID19
(WAM) The Ministry of Health and Prevention, MOHAP, announced two cases of new coronavirus, COVID19, on Friday.
The ministry added that the UAE had so far announced 11 confirmed cases. Three of them have fully recovered.
MOHAP explained that the two new cases had close contact with the recently confirmed cases of the Chinese citizen.
It affirmed that it is screening all persons in close contact with the confirmed cases to avert spreading of the disease and ensure safety of the community.
”The two new cases are for a 34-year old Filipino and a 39-year old Bangladeshi. Their condition is stable,” the ministry said.
The ministry said it was coordinating with health and other concerned authorities in the country, and had been following a very effective epidemiological monitoring mechanism. All the necessary precautions to ensure highly efficient preventive measures were taken, including check-ups and observation of people in contact with patients. It was all done as per the guidelines and standards of the World Health Organisation, the ministry added.
It urged the public to follow the preventive procedures and to read the awareness instructions available on its website and the official websites of health authorities in the UAE.
“The public are also advised to adopt protective health behaviours to avoid infectious diseases, including washing hands with soap and clean water, and covering the mouth when coughing or sneezing to stop the spread of germs and viruses,” the ministry said.
Updates about COVID-19 in the UAE:
- UAE Confirms First Case of New Coronavirus
- UAE Warns against Rumours about Coronavirus in the UAE
- 4 members of Chinese family infected with new coronavirus in UAE
- UAE Ministry of Health & Prevention: “General Health Situation is not a Cause of Concern”
- 2019-nCoV Coronavirus Declared as a Global Health Emergency
- UAE Announces 5th Case of Coronavirus Infection
- PLEASE READ: UAE Health Ministry Guidelines on Coronavirus 2019-nCoV
- Burj Khalifa Lights up and Shows Support for Wuhan China
- UAE Suspends Flights to China (Except Beijing)
- 2 New Cases of Coronavirus Announced in UAE
- Philippine Embassy in UAE to Assist UAE Authorities with Filipino Infected with Coronavirus
- UAE’s First Case of 2019-nCoV Coronavirus Recovers
- 8th Case of New Coronavirus Confirmed in UAE
- UAE Coronavirus Cases to be Treated FREE of Cost Even Without Insurance
- COVID-19 is the official name of the new coronavirus – WHO
- UAE Announces 9th Coronavirus Case (COVID-19)