Great news, the UAE’s first case of the 2019-nCoV coronavirus has recovered. According to a report from Emirates News Agency, WAM, The Ministry of Health & Prevention announced that the patient is a 73-year-old woman from China and has fully recovered fully and can carry on with life normally.
Here’s the Tweet from the Official Twitter account of the Ministry of Health and Prevention:
شفاء أول حالة مصابة بـ #فيروس_كورون_االمستجد في الدولة تعود لمواطنة صينية تدعى ليو يوجيا ” 73 عاما” و التي أصبح بإمكانها مواصلة حياتها بصورة طبيعية.#وزارة_الصحة_ووقاية_المجتمع_الإماراتي#فيروس_كورونا pic.twitter.com/aPeKLcuE7r
— وزارة الصحة ووقاية المجتمع الإماراتية – MOHAP UAE (@mohapuae) February 9, 2020
Below is the full report from WAM News
First new coronavirus patient in UAE recovers: Ministry of Health
(WAM/Nour Salman/MOHD AAMIR) — A 73-year-old woman from China, admitted into hospital care in the UAE after being infected by the new coronavirus, has recovered, the Ministry of Health and Prevention said today.
“Liu Yujia has recovered fully and can carry on with life normally,” according to the Ministry.
The Emirates News Agency, WAM, accompanied Consul General Li Xuhang of China and Ministry of Health and Prevention’s Assistant Under-Secretary for Health Centres and Clinics, Dr. Hussein Al Rand, who visited the grandmother, congratulating her on her full recovery.
The Chinese national expressed her thanks and appreciation to the UAE for the great care and medical attention she received.
Yujia went on to say that she is thankful for the care provided by the UAE’s healthcare authorities to her family members as well who were also tested positive for the new coronavirus.
“I would like to thank the Consul General of China and the representative of UAE’s Ministry of Health for their visit,” she added.
Consul-General Zuhang told WAM that the “UAE leadership, government and people have demonstrated the true meaning of solidarity with the People’s Republic of China in confronting this latest outbreak.”
He expressed his relief and joy following the announcement of Yujia’s recovery, lauding the UAE’s advanced health care systems and “the strong coordination between China and UAE.”
For his part, Dr. Al Rand said, “The results of the 2019-nCoV detection test conducted on the patient turned out negative of the new coronavirus. She is now in a good health and fully recovered.”
He went on to note that the UAE has taken all necessary measures to deal with the newly announced coronavirus cases.
He added, “Individuals diagnosed are receiving proper health care in accordance with leading World Health Organisation standards, with each individual case being monitored until full recovery is attained.”
“This case of the Chinese lady increases hope that other discovered cases in the UAE can also be fully recovered,” he affirmed.
Watch the video of the recovery here:
Updates about Coronavirus in UAE:
- UAE Confirms First Case of New Coronavirus
- UAE Warns against Rumours about Coronavirus in the UAE
- 4 members of Chinese family infected with new coronavirus in UAE
- UAE Ministry of Health & Prevention: “General Health Situation is not a Cause of Concern”
- 2019-nCoV Coronavirus Declared as a Global Health Emergency
- UAE Announces 5th Case of Coronavirus Infection
- PLEASE READ: UAE Health Ministry Guidelines on Coronavirus 2019-nCoV
- Burj Khalifa Lights up and Shows Support for Wuhan China
- UAE Suspends Flights to China (Except Beijing)
- 2 New Cases of Coronavirus Announced in UAE
- Philippine Embassy in UAE to Assist UAE Authorities with Filipino Infected with Coronavirus
- UAE’s First Case of 2019-nCoV Coronavirus Recovers