Every year, TripAdvisor publishes a list of the Top 25 Landmarks in the world. TripAdvisor is a popular American travel website known for its great reviews of hotels and attractions worldwide.
This time around, two popular landmarks from the UAE made it to the prestigious list. The Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque and the Burj Khalifa ranked No. 2 and No. 22, respectively. Read on to learn more about these two attractions and other landmarks included in this year’s list.
Two UAE Attractions among Top 25 Landmarks of 2017
“Grand is an understatement,” TripAdvisor stated about the Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque. “The architecture, the white marble, and the beautifully maintained green gardens are stunning.” The mosque came in second place, next to Angkor Wat, a religious monument in Cambodia.
Meanwhile, Dubai’s towering Burj Khalifa came in 22nd place. “Seeing it rise into the heavens above the skyline is a sight to behold,” the travel website announced. “Truly a feat of modern engineering and architecture that everyone should check out in Dubai.”
TripAdvisor’s Top 25 LandMarks of 2017 are as follows:
- Angkor Wat – Siem Reap, Cambodia
- Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque Center – Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
- Mezquita Cathedral de Cordoba – Cordoba, Spain
- St. Peter’s Basilica – Vatican City, Italy
- Taj Mahal – Agra, India
- Church of the Savior on Spilled Blood – St. Petersburg, Russia
- Great Wall at Mutianyu – Beijing, China
- Machu Picchu – Machu Picchu, Peru
- Plaza de Espana – Seville, Spain
- Duomo di Milano – Milan, Italy
- Golden Gate Bridge – San Francisco, California
- Lincoln Memorial – Washington DC, District of Colombia
- Eiffel Tower – Paris, France
- Parliament – Budapest, Hungary
- Notre Dame Cathedral – Paris, France
- Corcovado Christ the Redeemer – Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- Big Ben – London, United Kingdom
- Acropolis – Athens, Greece
- Main Market Square – Krakow, Poland
- El Ateneo Grand Splendid – Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Temple of the Reclining Buddha (Wat Pho) – Bangkok, Thailand
- Burj Khalifa – Dubai United, Arab Emirates
- Fushimi Inari-taisha Shrine – Kyoto, Japan
- Ruinas Mayas de Tulum – Tulum, Mexico
- Sydney Opera House – Sydney, Australia
— Dubai Media Office (@DXBMediaOffice) May 30, 2017
Truly, it is a great honor for UAE’s attractions to be included among the top landmarks in the world. This indicates that the country continues to be a popular destination for tourists, business executives, and travelers from all over the globe.