Headquartered in San Jose, California, CISCO System specializes in designing, manufacturing and selling networking equipment. Founded in 1984, the company now has over 74,000 employees.
Cisco Systems UAE has opened multiple vacancies for its industry. Roles needed for Systems Engineer, Marketing Manager, various types of Account Manager, etc.
Cisco Systems UAE 2023 Jobs
Note: We, DubaiOFW, are not a recruitment agency. We just want to share the latest job openings from different companies in Dubai for our fellow kabayans and other nationalities who are looking for work in the UAE. If you want to apply for these jobs, please follow the directions below.
How to apply for a job in Cisco Systems in the UAE
To apply for a job in Cisco Systems in the UAE, it’s best if you will go to Cisco’s official career website at https://jobs.cisco.com/jobs/.
On this website, you will be able to search for jobs and positions you want to apply for. You can select the country or region you prefer, the state, job type, and area of interest.
Cisco Systems History
Cisco Systems is a famous American multinational company. Its headquarter is located in San Jose, California, at the heart of Silicon Valley. This company produces and sells a wide range of products and services including networking hardware, telecommunications equipment, and other high-technology products and services. It operates in particular technology markets such as energy management, domain security, and Internet of Things through its subsidiaries. Jabber and Jasper, OpenDNS, and Webex are some of its subsidiaries. Cisco is a public entity traded as CSCO on NASDAQ. It was included in the Dow Jones Industrial Average on June 8, 2009 and added in the S&P 500 Index, NASDAQ-100 Index, Russell 1000 Growth Stock Index, and Russel 1000 Index.
The company was founded by Sandy Lerner in December 1984. She was a director of computer facilities at the Stanford University Graduate School of Business. She established the company together with his husband, Leonard Bosack, who was working for the school’s computer science department by that time. The first products of Cisco had roots in the campus of Stanford University. In the 1880s, the students and faculties of the university were using the technology called “Blue Box,” a multiprotocol router that links the computer systems so they can talk to each other. This became the reason why Cisco was successful in its early years.
Facts & Figures
- Cisco Systems is a public company listed on NASDAQ as CSCO.
- It is under the networking hardware and networking software industries.
- It was founded on December 10, 1984, 35 years from now.
- It was founded in San Francisco, California.
- Its founders were Sandy Lerner and Leonard Bosack,
- Its revenue, operating income, and net income are US$51.90 billion, US$14.21 billion, and US$11.62 billion respectively in 2019.
- In 2019, it reported a total assets of US$97.79 billion and total equity of US$33.57 billion.
- As of 2019, it has employed around 75,900 employees.
List of products and subsidiaries Cisco Systems handles
- Enterprise networks
- Datacenter and Visualization
- IP NGN (Next Generation Networks)
- Routers and switches
- Security and surveillance
- Voice and conferencing
- Network storage systems
- Flip Video
- Catalyst switches: 1900 Series, 2900 / 2950 / 2960 / 3500XL Series, 3550 / 3750 Series, 3000 Series, Catalyst 4500/4900, 5000/5500 Series, 6500 Series, 6800 Series, 9300/9400/9500 Series
- Teleworker/Remote Connectivity-Cisco LAN2LAN Personal Office for ISDN, VPN 3000 Concentrators
- Cisco Wireless LAN products-Access Points, PCI/PCMCIA/USB Wireless LAN Adaptors, Wireless LAN Controllers (WLC), Wireless LAN Solutions Engines (WLSE), Wireless Control System (WCS), Location Appliances, Long range antennas
- Datacenter products: Nexus Switches (1000v, 2000, 3000, 4000, 5000, 6000,7000, 9000), MDS, Unified Computing System (UCS), Application Centric Infrastructure (ACI)
- Routers, including: 800 Series, Integrated Services Router (ISR) (1800, 2800, 3800), ISR G2 (1900, 2900, 3900), 2500 Series, 7200, 7600, 12000, ASR (900, 1000, 9000), Network Convergence System (NCS) 6000, and Carrier Routing System (CRS-1, CRS-3, CRS-X)
- Security appliances: ASA, ASA-X, ASA-CX, ASA with FirePOWER, PIX 500 series, Cisco Security Manager, Email Security Appliance (ESA), Web Security Appliance (WSA), Content Security Management Appliance (SMA)
- IP Telephony (VoIP), Servers and Appliances
- Cisco Unified IP Phones—Wireless IP Phone 7920, 7945, 7965, 7942, 8900 series, 9900 series, 6900 series
- Collaboration Systems—Cisco TelePresence (Cisco Manufacturing Mobile Video Collaboration with Librestream, Cisco acquired Tandberg, the world leader in Telepresence systems)
- Cisco Application Control Engine (ACE): Application Delivery Controller (now discontinued)
- Cisco UCS B-Series Blade Servers (Mini, B460 M4, B420 M4, B260 M4, B200 M4, B480 M5, B200 M5)
- Cisco UCS C-Series Rack Servers (C460 M4, C240 M4, C220 M4, C480 M5, C240 M5, C220 M5), 
- Cisco UCS Fabric Interconnects (6200 series, 6300 series)
- Operating systems
- Internetwork Operating System (IOS)
- CatOS—Catalyst Switch Operating System
- Operating systems for Cisco Nexus switches
- NX-OS—Nexus Operating System
- ACI-mode switch software (for Application Centric Infrastructure)
- Starent Operating System (StarOS)
- VPN/Remote Connectivity
- Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client, for connecting to virtual private networks (replaces Cisco Systems VPN Client)
- Cisco Systems VPN Client, for connecting to virtual private networks
- Clean Access Agent, Cisco NAC Appliance
What it means to work in Cisco Systems
Here are some of the reviews of employees of Cisco Systems:
Customer Service Associate (BackOffice): Fun Workplace
“Customer’s satisfaction, email correspondence, technical skills and proper issuing license to the IT expert clients globally. Maintaining high standard process on how to deal with the customer correctly.”
Customer Service Representative: Awesome place to work
“Cisco under Teletech is a call center company in Manila, the Philippines that caters to different companies all over the world. My experience working at Cisco (Teletech) was great because I was able to land in my dream job and that is being able to provide good customer service which I believed I am pretty good at.”
Cisco Technical Support Level 1: The most enjoyable part of the job
“I learned to be a good and professional employee such as working as a team and also a family. And for me that is the most enjoyable part of the job is to be happy with your teammates.”
Sales Development Representative: Productive and work balance environment
“It has been a good experience working with the company, I have learned a lot of new knowledge and gain good techniques when it comes to generating valid leads also I have learned how to evaluate and qualify the needs of a new prospects.”
Technical Support Representative: Family oriented workplace
“This is the company wherein I was able to enhance my communication skills and also technical ability. I never expected that I’d be a technical support with the technologies which is wireless router. I don’t even know what is operating system before.”
Address: A004-024, Al Safouh 2, Knowledge Village, P.O. Box: 500321, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Main Telephone Number: +971 4 390 7777