All travellers coming to the UAE, please be advised of this self-quarantine guide from the Ministry of Health and Prevention, Department of Health, Dubai Health Authority and Abu Dhabi Public Health Centre.
As part of the measures to combat the COVID-19, the UAE has suspended entry for all travellers even those who have valid UAE residence visas. Issuance of UAE work permits have also been stopped. However, for those who will still arrive in the UAE (UAE nationals, diplomatic passport holders, and other exemptions), a 14-day self-quarantine guide has been shared by the Dubai Airports.
Self-Quarantine Guidelines for Arrivals in UAE
Welcome to the United Arab Emirates
Due to the latest global, regional and local developments on the COVID-19 Pandemic, it is recommended as a precautionary measure to stay at home upon returning from your travel under self-quarantine for 14 days. Therefore, kindly follow the instructions below:
Separate yourself from others at home.
- Do not invite visitors or allow them to enter your house during this period.
- You should stay in a well-ventilated room and keep your door closed.
Note: If you share any facility at home, please make sure you disinfect it thoroughly after every use with warm water and detergent then dry your items with a separate towel that only you would use.
Stay at Home
- Remain in your home, do not go to work, school, or public areas.
- Do not use public transport or taxis.
Note: It is advised when shopping or ordering online that you avoid direct contact with the delivery man and to ask that items are left outside, or in the porch, or as appropriate for your home.
Maintain personal hygiene
- Wash your hands with soap and water for 20 seconds at least then dry them well.
- Cover your mouth and nose when you cough or sneeze with tissue then dispose of it immediately in a sealed plastic bag.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth if you haven’t washed your hands.
Monitor your symptoms and seek medical attention when needed
- Difficulties breathing
- Sore Throat
You must adhere to the quarantine instructions and any violation may expose you to legal liability.
Ministry of Health & Prevention – 800358
Dubai Health Authority – 800342
Abu Dhabi Public Health Centre (WhatsApp) 0562312171
Estijaba – 8001717