If you’re a frequent traveler or have family based in Ajman, exploring the city’s public transportation system is essential. Ajman offers a convenient and efficient network of buses that connect key areas, making your daily commute or sightseeing adventures hassle-free. With a focus on accessibility and comfort, Ajman’s public transportation ensures that residents and visitors alike can navigate the city comfortably.
Whether you’re heading to the bustling markets, serene beaches, or cultural attractions, understanding the ins and outs of Ajman’s transportation system will enhance your overall experience. Let’s delve into the details of Ajman’s public transportation to ensure you’re well-prepared for your journey.
- Public Transportation Options
- Masaar Card
- How to Get a Masaar Card
- Masaar Card Cost
- How to Recharge the Masaar Card
- Frequently Asked Questions
- 1. How do I apply for a Masaar Card?
- 2. What is the purpose of the Masaar Card?
- 3. Can I use the Masaar Card for both intercity and intracity travel?
- 4. Are there any discounts available with the Masaar Card?
- 5. What is the cost of the Masaar Card?
- 6. How do I recharge my Masaar Card?
- 7. Is the Masaar Card valid for inter-Emirate travel?
- 8. What benefits does the Masaar Card offer over traditional payment methods?
In contrast to its modest size, Ajman is a captivating emirate that boasts a diverse landscape.
Spread over an area of approximately 259 square kilometers, which accounts for a mere 0.3 percent of the UAE’s mainland without its islands, Ajman is characterized by a harmonious blend of elements.
While its terrain is dominated by the rugged Hajjar mountain range, the city itself, reflecting a seamless blend of modernity and tradition, is an embodiment of charm.
Ajman City stands as the heart of the emirate, housing the Ruler’s office, thriving businesses, banks, and bustling commercial markets.
The strategic placement of Ajman Port along the natural valley that winds through the city further emphasizes its significance.
Venturing beyond the city limits, one encounters the enchanting Al Manamah City, situated around 60 kilometers away.
Notable for its valleys and towering mountains, this region holds a treasure trove of magnesium, chromate, and rocks.
Continuing the journey, Masfout City beckons from the southeast, approximately 110 kilometers distant.
This locale is renowned for its agricultural pursuits, encompassing the Dafta and Leshan mountains, as well as the expansive Ghalfa valleys.
Amidst the emirate’s varied topography, a reliable and efficient public transportation system emerges as a pivotal ally for residents and visitors alike.
Public Transportation Options
Taxis in Ajman are renowned for their comfort and safety. Operated under the supervision of the Ajman Transport Authority, Arabia Taxi and Al Raha Taxi are the two leading taxi service providers in the emirate.
Booking a Taxi Service
To book a taxi service, follow these steps:
- Dial 600-599-997: Contact the taxi service directly through this number.
- Sign Up for the “Route” App: Embrace modern convenience by using the “Route” taxi booking app.
When booking a taxi, ensure you:
- Clearly state your pick-up and drop-off locations.
- Request an estimated fare for transparency.
- Select the appropriate vehicle type and specify the number of passengers through the Coordination and Control Centre.
Wait for the proficient taxi driver to arrive at your designated location, ready to provide a smooth and reliable journey.
Types of Taxis: Tailored to Your Needs
- Regular Taxis: Recognizable by their white and black colors, these are the standard taxis with a TA symbol. Estimated cost: AED 2.2 per km | Minimum fare: AED 10.
- Special-Needs Taxis: Equipped with advanced features, these taxis cater to the needs of individuals with disabilities. Cost: Free.
- Ladies Taxi (Mahrah): An exclusive service for women, these white and pink taxis offer a secure alternative for female passengers. Estimated cost: AED 2.3 per km | Minimum fare: AED 10.
Please note: Taxi services are available 24/7, ensuring round-the-clock accessibility.
Ajman Public Transport Corporation provides an integrated bus service that caters to diverse routes within the emirate.
Navigating Bus Routes
One of the most popular bus routes commences from Al Ittihad Street towards Ajman Industrial Area and Al Jurf. With 24 strategically located bus stops along this route, accessibility is ensured for densely populated areas like Al Rashidiya and Al Jurf.
Inter-emirate buses extend your travel horizons, facilitating journeys to Dubai, Abu Dhabi, and Sharjah. Fares vary across emirates, with the Ajman-Sharjah route starting at AED 5 per passenger.
Ensuring a Smooth Bus Journey: Your Responsibility Matters
- Check Masaar App for Timings: Stay informed about bus schedules using the Masaar App.
- Arrive On Time: Reach your bus stop punctually to ensure a seamless journey.
- Board and Pay with Ease: Utilize your Masaar card for payment upon boarding.
Bus Fare Information: Cost-Effective Travel
- With Masaar Card: From AED 3 per passenger.
- Without Masaar Card: From AED 5 per passenger.
Operating Hours: From Dawn to Midnight
- Timings: 05:45 am – 12:00 am.
The Masaar card, sometimes spelled as Massar card in certain instances, functions as a payment portal designed for bus fare utilization within Ajman’s public transportation system.
Developed by APTA, the Masaar card serves as a convenient alternative to cash transactions, eliminating the necessity of holding physical currency and waiting for bus drivers or conductors to gather fares.
By employing the card, passengers can effortlessly settle their fares by simply scanning it using a device integrated into the bus.
The versatility of the Masaar card extends to both intercity and intracity travel, facilitating seamless journeys on Ajman’s public buses.
كيف يمكنني اعادة شحن بطاقة مسار ؟
— Ajman Transport (@AjmanTransport) December 14, 2022
Here are some of the top advantages of using this card:
- No Worries About Change: With the Masaar card in hand, the hassle of carrying exact change for bus fares becomes a thing of the past. You can board the bus confidently, knowing that your card is all you need to conveniently pay for your commute.
- Effortless and Seamless Usage: Using the Masaar card is incredibly straightforward, streamlining your transit experience within Ajman. The process of scanning the card on the bus’s device is swift and user-friendly, ensuring a smooth transition during your travels.
- Elimination of Ticket Purchase and Fees: The Masaar card eliminates the need to purchase individual bus tickets or worry about various fees. This simplifies your journey by removing any additional steps or costs typically associated with public transportation.
- Customized Discounts: The Masaar card offers personalized benefits based on card type and frequency of use. For instance, special categories like student cards provide discounted fares, making public transportation even more cost-effective for specific groups.
How to Get a Masaar Card
The Masaar card is a convenient and efficient payment method for public bus fares in Ajman. Whether you prefer an online application or a visit to the central bus station, obtaining the Masaar card is a straightforward process. Here’s a step-by-step guide to help you apply:
1. Online Application
Applying for the Masaar card online is a convenient option. Follow these steps to complete the process:
1.1. Visit the official website of the transport authority: ta.gov.ae/en/masaar-card-request.
1.2. Provide your Emirates ID number and click the ‘next’ button to proceed.
1.3. Under the ‘applicant information’ category, enter your full name, email address, and phone number. Click the ‘next’ button to continue.
1.4. Upload the required documents:
- Copy of your Emirates ID (front and back)
- Recent personal photo
1.5. Once you’ve uploaded the documents, click the ‘Submit’ button. A pop-up notification will confirm your application request number.
1.6. Check your registered email address for a confirmation email. Print out the email, which includes the request number, and proceed to the main Ajman bus station.
1.7. At the bus station, present the printed confirmation email and request number. Make the necessary payment to receive your Masaar card.
2. Applying at the Central Bus Station
If you prefer an in-person approach, you can apply for the Masaar card directly at the central bus station in Ajman. Here’s how:
2.1. Visit the central ‘Al Musalla bus station’ located on Sheikh Abdullah Bin Rashid Al Nuaimi Street.
2.2. Provide your Emirates ID at the designated counter for Masaar card applications.
2.3. After submitting your Emirates ID, your Masaar card will be issued.
2.4. Once you have the Masaar card, proceed to top up the card with the required balance by making the payment at the station.
By following these simple steps, you can easily acquire your Masaar card, ensuring a seamless and convenient experience while traveling on Ajman’s public buses.
Whether you choose the online application or the central bus station, the Masaar card simplifies your journey and eliminates the need for cash transactions.
Masaar Card Cost
Navigating Ajman’s public transportation system becomes both economical and efficient with the Masaar Card. This guide outlines the cost of bus trips and inter-Emirate travel, empowering you to make informed choices for your commuting needs.
Bus Fare Within Ajman:
For those wielding the Masaar Card, bus fares offer a cost-effective advantage compared to non-Masaar card holders.
- Masaar Card holders: Starting from Dh3 per passenger.
- Non-Masaar Card holders: Beginning at Dh5.
Inter-Emirate Travel Costs:
If you frequently journey from other Emirates to Ajman, the Masaar Card offers specially tailored rates to enhance your inter-Emirate commutes.
- Abu Dhabi:
- Masaar Card holders: Dh30
- Non-Masaar Card holders: Dh35
- Masaar Card holders: Dh15
- Non-Masaar Card holders: Dh19
- Masaar Card holders: Dh5
- Non-Masaar Card holders: Dh9
- Sharjah Industrial Area:
- Masaar Card holders: Dh6
- Non-Masaar Card holders: Dh10
- Umm Al Quwain:
- Masaar Card holders: Dh10
- Non-Masaar Card holders: Dh15
- Ras Al Khaimah:
- Masaar Card holders: Dh20
- Non-Masaar Card holders: Dh25
How to Recharge the Masaar Card
Recharging your Masaar card to enjoy seamless travel on Ajman’s Public Bus Service is a swift and straightforward process.
- Access the Online Portal:
1.1. Visit the Masaar Card recharge portal by clicking on the following link: eServices.ta.gov.ae.
- Enter Masaar Card Details:
2.1. Enter your Masaar Card number in the designated field.
2.2. Click the “next” button to proceed.
- Provide Contact Information:
3.1. Input your cell phone number accurately.
- View Card Balance and Top-Up Amount:
4.1. On the service page, you will be able to view your current card balance along with the amount available for topping up.
- Confirm Payment Details:
5.1. Choose the option “confirm payment information” to proceed.
- Settle Payment:
6.1. Use a valid credit or debit card to complete the payment for the chosen top-up amount.
- Transaction Confirmation:
7.1. Upon successful payment, a confirmation SMS will be sent to your registered cellphone, validating the transaction.
By adhering to these simple steps, you can effortlessly recharge your Masaar card online, ensuring that you always have sufficient balance to travel conveniently and without interruption on Ajman’s Public Bus Service.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How do I apply for a Masaar Card?
To apply for a Masaar Card, you can either do it online through the official transport authority’s website or visit the central bus station in Ajman to apply in person. In both cases, you will need to make a payment and collect your card at the bus station.
2. What is the purpose of the Masaar Card?
The Masaar Card is a convenient payment gateway for fare on Ajman’s public buses. It eliminates the need for cash transactions, providing a hassle-free way to pay for bus rides.
3. Can I use the Masaar Card for both intercity and intracity travel?
Yes, the Masaar Card is versatile and can be used for both intercity and intracity commutes on Ajman’s public buses.
4. Are there any discounts available with the Masaar Card?
Yes, the Masaar Card offers discounts based on card type and frequency of use. Special categories, such as student cards, provide discounted fares.
5. What is the cost of the Masaar Card?
The Masaar Card costs Dh25 upon application, and you will receive Dh20 as a balance to spend on the card. The card is a reusable option for paying bus fares.
6. How do I recharge my Masaar Card?
You can recharge your Masaar Card online through the official portal by entering your card number, cell phone number, and making a payment using a credit or debit card.
7. Is the Masaar Card valid for inter-Emirate travel?
Yes, the Masaar Card can be used for inter-Emirate travel as well. Different rates apply for travel between Ajman and other Emirates, depending on whether you are a Masaar Card holder or not.
8. What benefits does the Masaar Card offer over traditional payment methods?
The Masaar Card offers a more convenient and efficient way to pay for bus fares. It eliminates the need for carrying cash, provides discounts, and simplifies the payment process through a quick scan on the bus.
In conclusion, Ajman’s well-established public transportation system serves as a vital companion for both locals and visitors.
Whether you’re a frequent traveler seeking convenience or someone with ties to this vibrant city, embracing the Masaar Card and its seamless bus network is a strategic move.
The interconnected routes effortlessly link significant locales, streamlining your daily commute and opening doors to exploration.
With an unwavering commitment to accessibility and ease, Ajman’s public transportation ensures your journeys are comfortable and stress-free.
Whether you’re on your way to vibrant markets, tranquil beaches, or captivating cultural landmarks, a solid grasp of Ajman’s transportation intricacies enhances your visit to this lovely emirate.
READ NEXT: Ajman to Dubai Bus Timings