Dubai Safari Park (DSP) is among the most popular tourist attractions located in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. It is a vast wildlife sanctuary spanning over 119 hectares, where visitors can experience a diverse range of exotic animals and their habitats. The park is home to over 3,000 animals belonging to 250 different species, including lions, tigers, giraffes, and elephants, among others.
It offers visitors a unique opportunity to observe and learn about the animals in their natural habitats through a variety of activities and exhibits. Whether you’re a nature enthusiast or just looking for a fun day out with the family, this Safari Park is a must-visit destination.
- Park Key Features
- 1. African Village
- 2. Asian Village
- 3. Arabian Desert Safari
- 4. Explorer Village
- 5. Kids’ Farm
- 6. Al Wadi
- Tips to Make the Most of Your Visit at the Park
- Video: A Quick Tour of Dubai Safari Park
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Contact Information
Park Key Features
The park has several educational and entertainment exhibits that offer visitors a deeper understanding of the animals and their ecosystems.
Additionally, there are a variety of interactive activities and attractions that visitors of all ages can enjoy, such as the Safari drive, bird show, elephant encounter, and kids’ farm.
The park also has dining and shopping options for visitors to relax and unwind after an exciting day of exploration.
The park is easily accessible and well-equipped with facilities to ensure a comfortable and memorable experience for all visitors.
Here are the six key attractions you mustn’t miss out on:
1. African Village
The African Village is a must-visit attraction within the park. It offers visitors a glimpse into the vibrant cultures and traditions of Africa, which can be an eye-opening and enriching experience not only for the children but also for adults. Here are some things you can do when visiting this area in the park:
- Explore the Village: Take a leisurely stroll through the village and experience the African way of life. You’ll find authentic huts, traditional marketplaces, and cultural displays that showcase the diversity of African culture.
- Watch the Shows: Be sure to catch the lively performances by African dancers and musicians. The shows are a feast for the senses and will leave you tapping your feet and clapping your hands.
- Learn about Wildlife Conservation: The African Village also offers educational exhibits that highlight the importance of wildlife conservation. Learn about the park’s efforts to protect endangered species and how you can contribute to conservation efforts.
- Try African Cuisine: Don’t miss the chance to sample some delicious African cuisine at one of the village’s many food stalls. From spicy stews to grilled meats, there’s something for everyone to enjoy.
- Shop for Souvenirs: Take home a piece of Africa with you by browsing the village’s many souvenir shops. You’ll find everything from handcrafted jewelry to colorful fabrics and traditional handicrafts.
2. Asian Village
Asian Village is one of the key exhibits in the park, which showcases the diversity of Asian wildlife and culture.
- Animals: The Asian Village is home to a wide range of animals such as tigers, lions, baboons, and orangutans. Visitors can witness these animals in their natural habitats and learn about their behaviors and traits through informative exhibits.
- Culture: The Asian Village also features traditional Asian architecture, decor, and artifacts that give visitors a glimpse into the region’s culture and history.
- Shows: The village hosts a variety of shows and performances such as the Tiger Show and Elephant Show. These shows offer visitors an up-close and personal experience with the animals and their trainers.
- Dining: The Asian Village has several dining options that offer delicious Asian cuisine such as Chinese, Thai, and Indian food. So, you won’t only get to see animals from the Asian region, but also try out the best dishes which the region can offer – a perfect way to cap off the experience!
- Shopping: Visitors can also explore the various souvenir shops that sell Asian-inspired items such as handicrafts, jewelry, and clothing.
3. Arabian Desert Safari
If you’re looking for an unforgettable adventure during your visit to the esteemed Safari Park in Dubai, the Arabian Desert Safari is an absolute must-do. Here are some tips to consider to make the most of your desert safari experience in this area:
- Choose your tour: The DSF offers various types of desert safari tours, including morning, evening, and overnight options. Each tour offers a unique experience, so choose the one that suits your preferences and schedule.
- Dress appropriately: Wear comfortable and loose-fitting clothing that will protect you from the sun and sand. It’s also recommended to wear closed-toe shoes and bring a light jacket for cooler temperatures.
- Bring essentials: Bring sunscreen, sunglasses, a hat, and a camera to capture the stunning views of the desert landscape and wildlife.
- Prepare for adventure: The Arabian Desert Safari offers exciting activities such as dune bashing, camel riding, sandboarding, and a traditional Bedouin-style dinner with entertainment. Be ready to embrace the adventure and try new experiences.
- Respect the environment and wildlife: The Arabian Desert is a delicate ecosystem, so it’s important to follow the guidelines and avoid littering or disturbing the wildlife.
4. Explorer Village
Explorer Village is another exciting attraction in the Safari Park. The area offers visitors a chance to experience the Bedouin lifestyle in the heart of the desert. Here’s a short guide to help you make the most of your visit to Explorer Village:
- Explore the Traditional Bedouin Camp: Step back in time and immerse yourself in the traditional Bedouin culture by visiting the camp. You can explore the traditional Bedouin tents, learn about their unique way of life, and try on their traditional clothing.
- Try the Bedouin Cuisine: Indulge in the delicious Bedouin cuisine, which includes a variety of grilled meats, bread, and traditional Arabic sweets. You can enjoy your meal in the comfort of the camp or opt for a unique outdoor dining experience under the starry sky.
- Watch Traditional Performances: Witness the traditional Bedouin performances, including the mesmerizing falconry show, belly dancing, and the famous Tanoura dance. These performances offer a glimpse into the Bedouin culture and are a true delight to watch.
- Experience Camel Rides: Take a ride on the gentle camels and explore the vast desert landscape in a unique and unforgettable way.
- Shop at the Souk: Browse through the local souk, which offers a variety of traditional handicrafts, souvenirs, and unique local products. Here, you can pick up a unique keepsake or a gift for your loved ones.
Trivia: Did you know that the traditional Bedouin lifestyle is built around the concept of hospitality? In the Bedouin culture, it is considered a great honor to welcome guests and offer them food, water, and shelter.
In fact, Bedouin families will often compete with each other to see who can offer the best hospitality to their guests. This concept of hospitality is deeply ingrained in the Bedouin way of life and has been passed down from generation to generation for centuries.
5. Kids’ Farm
The Kids’ Farm at this Safari Park is a delightful mix of a petting zoo and a farm, where visitors can interact with a variety of animals and birds.
The farm offers a unique opportunity for children to feed and touch the friendly animals that call it home. In addition, visitors can take part in educational tours led by the park’s staff, who provide interesting insights into the animals and birds living on the farm and the aviary.
Kids can also feed a variety of birds at the Kids Farm Aviary, making it a fun-filled experience for them. Education and entertainment are combined in perfect harmony at the Kids Farm, where children can learn about the animals’ origins and their way of life on the farm while petting and feeding them.
6. Al Wadi
The Wadi is the central valley of the DSP, dedicated to providing visitors with a tranquil space to unwind and connect with nature.
Here, visitors can relax and enjoy the lush greenery, sit in the grass, and indulge in a picnic or refreshing beverage while taking in the breath-taking views of the river.
The Wadi is home to an array of bird species, including ducks, peacocks, and swans, and even the majestic pelicans. Visitors can register for the pelican feeding session and get an up-close look at these incredible birds.
In addition to this, the park offers educational shows several times a day, where visitors can witness the impressive birds of prey in action.
These shows provide an opportunity for visitors to learn more about these magnificent birds and their role in the ecosystem.
Whether you’re a nature lover or just looking for a peaceful retreat, the Wadi at this Safari Park is a must-visit destination.
Tips to Make the Most of Your Visit at the Park
- Plan ahead: Before your visit, research the park’s attractions and activities and plan your day accordingly. This will help you make the most of your time at the park.
- Arrive early: Arriving early will give you more time to explore the park and enjoy the attractions before the crowds arrive.
- Wear comfortable clothing: Make sure to wear comfortable clothing and footwear, as you’ll be walking around the park for most of the day.
- Bring sunscreen and water: Dubai can get hot, so it’s essential to bring sunscreen and water to stay hydrated and protect your skin from the sun.
- Take advantage of the guided tours: The guided tours offered at the park are a great way to learn more about the animals and their habitats. They also provide an excellent opportunity to ask questions and interact with the park’s knowledgeable staff.
- Don’t miss the animal feeding times: Animal feeding times are a unique experience that allows visitors to get up close and personal with the animals. Be sure to check the feeding schedules and plan your day accordingly.
- Try the various cuisines: DSP has several dining options that offer a variety of cuisines from different parts of the world. Don’t miss the opportunity to try some of the delicious food available at the park.
Video: A Quick Tour of Dubai Safari Park
This video takes us on a thrilling journey through the recently renovated the Safari Park in Dubai, which reopened its doors after a two-year-long wait back in 2020! Get ready to witness more than 3,000 birds and animals up close and personal, and experience brand-new feeding sessions, events, and shows.
From majestic lions to playful elephants and exotic birds, the park is a haven for wildlife enthusiasts of all ages. Watch this video until the end as it explores the many wonders of the DSP and embark on an unforgettable adventure in the heart of the city!
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What animals can be seen at the Safari Park?
The Safari Park in Dubai is home to over 3,000 animals belonging to 250 different species. Visitors can see a variety of animals, including lions, tigers, giraffes, zebras, elephants, chimpanzees, and many more.
2. What are the park’s opening hours and admission fees?
DSP is open daily from 9 am to 6 pm, and the admission fee varies depending on the visitor’s age and residency status. For UAE residents, the admission fee for adults is AED 50, while for children it’s AED 20. For non-residents, the admission fee is AED 85 for adults and AED 30 for children.
3. Are there any restrictions on what visitors can bring into the park?
Yes, visitors are not allowed to bring food, drinks, or any sharp objects into the park. Additionally, smoking is prohibited in all areas of the park, and visitors are required to dress modestly and appropriately. Pets are also not allowed into the park.
Overall, the Safari Park is a true gem in the heart of Dubai, providing a one-of-a-kind experience for visitors of all ages. With its impressive range of animals, exciting activities, and educational programs, the park offers a perfect blend of fun and learning.
Whether you’re looking to spend a full day exploring the vast wildlife sanctuary or simply want to enjoy the unique animal feeding sessions, the Safari Park has something for everyone.
It’s no wonder that the park has become one of the most sought-after attractions in the UAE, drawing visitors from all over the world. So, if you’re planning a trip to Dubai, make sure to add Dubai Safari Park to your itinerary and discover the wonders of the animal kingdom!
Address: Al Warqa 5 – Dubai – United Arab Emirates
Telephone number: +971800900
Google Map Location: