April 27, 2022 – A luxury Dubai hotel was hit by a major fire on Wednesday, forcing guests and personnel to evacuate and sending smoke over the Downtown Dubai area.
Based on reports, the fire was seen on the roof of the five-star Swissôtel Al Murooj hotel in Downtown Dubai.
The fire was quickly controlled as emergency personnel worked for around an hour to combat it. The police began directing visitors back into the lobby, which is just across from the Burj Khalifa.
Large orange flames were seen leaping out of the ornate roof, with thick black smoke billowing into the sky, according to videos posted on social media.
Dubai authorities immediately sent emergency vehicles to combat the blaze. Fortunately, no injuries were reported.
This story is developing. More details to follow.
Below are posts shared on social media regarding this incident:
— The National (@TheNationalNews) April 27, 2022
Swissotel Al Murooj, Downtown Dubai, on fire. https://t.co/GFiHd94Ik6
— Ash (@alphacharlie49) April 27, 2022
Fire in downtown Dubai… pic.twitter.com/3RGNn0U7mM
— Parm Singh (@ParminderTurna) April 27, 2022
— 🇺🇦🇵🇱 Ketoman25 (@ketoman25) April 27, 2022
We thank the Dubai emergency teams for quickly stopping the fire and ensuring everyone’s safety.
We would like to remind everyone to please be careful and to stay vigilant especially in cases of emergencies. In such situations, it is important to remain calm and follow the instructions of emergency workers.
We would also like to remind everyone that as summer approaches, it is important to take extra precautions to avoid fires and other safety hazards. This includes ensuring that you have working smoke detectors in your home, avoiding overloading electrical outlets, and taking care not to leave any potentially flammable objects near heat sources such as cooking stoves or candles.
Fires can be extremely dangerous, but if we work together and stay safe, we can reduce the risk of serious injury or loss of life. Let’s all do our part to keep ourselves, our families, and our communities safe!