The salary certificate is a document that states the current salary of an employee. Having a salary certificate is one thing; getting it attested is another. There may be instances when you need to get your salary certificate attested, whether in the UAE or in your home country.
In this article, we will talk about the salary certificate, as well as the common reasons — or purposes — for getting it attested. We will also discuss the requirements, fees, and procedures in applying for salary certificate attestation in the UAE.
- What is a Salary Certificate?
- Reasons for Salary Certificate Attestation
- Requirements and Fees
- How to Apply for Salary Certificate Attestation
- Other Ways to Request MOFAIC Attestation
- Video: How to Process Attestation of Documents Online
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Contact Information: MOFAIC Dubai
- Google Map:
What is a Salary Certificate?
As mentioned earlier, the salary certificate is a document that indicates your salary as an employee. Issued by the Human Resources (HR) department of your company, it typically contains your: full name, job position/designation, and duties. It also includes the date you started working, total salary, and other relevant details.
In most cases, having a salary certificate may be enough. However, there may be situations that require your salary certificate to be attested. In the UAE, this is usually done by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation (MOFAIC).
Reasons for Salary Certificate Attestation
You might be thinking, “Why would I need to get my salary certificate attested? For what purpose?” Generally speaking, the process of attestation is done to confirm the validity of a document, including the validity of the seal and signature on it.
In any case, you may need to get salary certificate attestation for specific applications done outside the UAE, such as the following:
- Filing of tax returns in your home country;
- Applying for a mortgage in your home country;
- Applying for a loan in banks outside the UAE;
- Planning to send your child to study abroad; or
- Planning to immigrate to another country.
Requirements and Fees
To apply for salary certificate attestation, you need to prepare the following requirements and fees:
- Original salary certificate (not laminated);
- Passport copy with valid UAE residence visa; and
- Attestation service fee of AED 150.
NOTE: Courier service fees may also apply. In some cases, you may also be required to present your Labour Contract.
How to Apply for Salary Certificate Attestation
Previously, you could apply for salary certificate attestation in any Customer Happiness Centre in the UAE. These days, however, attestation services are only available online: (a) through the MOFAIC website; or (b) through the MOFAIC smart app.
Here are is a step-by-step guide to applying for salary certificate attestation through the MOFAIC website:
- Visit the MOFAIC website and log in using your UAE Pass.
- Select “Individual Services.” Choose the option to attest official documents and certificates.
- Select “Start Service.”
- Select your preferred courier service.
- Enter the details of your attestation request. Choose the option to attest your salary certificate, then upload the necessary documents.
- Make the necessary payments. Attestation services currently cost AED 150. Courier service fees may also apply.
- You will receive an email and SMS message confirming your successful application, together with a reference number.
- Wait for the courier service to pick up your document. Once it has been attested, your document will be delivered to your registered address. That’s it!
NOTE: The process for salary certificate attestation usually takes three (3) working days. If you choose the “express” option, the process can be shortened to just one (1) working day.
Other Ways to Request MOFAIC Attestation
Aside from the MOFAIC website, you can also apply for salary certificate attestation through the UAE MOFAIC Mobile App. This smart app may be downloaded via Google Play and App Store. Simply log in and follow the instructions onscreen.
Video: How to Process Attestation of Documents Online
To have a better idea about how to apply for document attestation online, check out this video by Jean Clauden, a vlogger based in the UAE. Her video features the attestation of her newborn’s birth certificate. Nevertheless, it’s still a good example of how a person can request for MOFAIC’s document attestation online:
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Meanwhile, here are some frequently asked questions and answers about salary certificate attestation in the UAE:
1. What is a salary certificate?
A salary certificate is a document issued by the HR of a company, stating an employee’s position, duties, salary, starting date of work, and other relevant information.
2. What is the purpose or salary certificate attestation?
Attestation is done to confirm the validity of a document. It may be used as part of the requirements for filing tax returns, applying for a loan, planning to immigrate, planning to send children to study abroad, and other purposes.
3. What are the requirements and fees?
To apply for attestation by MOFAIC, you’ll need to submit you original salary certificate (not laminated). You will also need to submit a passport copy with a valid UAE residence visa. The attestation service fee is AED 150, and courier services may also apply.
4. How do I apply for salary certificate attestation?
Document attestation in the UAE is usually done by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation (MOFAIC). You can apply for it online, either through the ministry’s official website, or by downloading the MOFAIC mobile app.
5. How long will the attestation process take?
The attestation process usually takes three (3) working days. If the “express” option is used, the process takes only one (1) working day.
6. What if I am currently outside the UAE?
If you are currently outside the UAE and you need to have your salary certificate attested, you can contact the nearest UAE Embassy or Consulate in your area. Please visit the specific embassy’s or consulate’s official website for more details about their attestation process.
There are certain situations where you may need to have your salary certificate attested, such as filing tax returns, applying for a loan, immigration applications, and other cases. As long as you have the necessary documents, getting your salary certificate attested in the UAE is pretty much a straightforward process. Good luck!
Contact Information: MOFAIC Dubai
If you have any questions about salary certificate attestation — or document attestation in general — you can get in touch with MOFAIC Dubai through the following contact details:
Moreover, here is the location of MOFAIC Dubai office on Google Maps, for your reference:
DISCLAIMER: We hope that the above guide has been helpful. Please note that the above guide is presented for general, information-sharing services only. To learn more about the latest requirements, fees, and steps in applying for salary certificate attestation, please visit the official website of the UAE Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFAIC).