If Dubai has the NOL Card, its neighboring emirate, Sharjah, has the Sayer Card – an innovative and seamless solution to empower commuters with convenient travel across the vibrant city. Designed to revolutionize the way residents and visitors navigate Sharjah’s extensive transportation network, the Card promises to be a reliable companion for a smooth and hassle-free journey. With its cutting-edge features and user-friendly interface, this card is set to redefine transportation experiences, providing an unparalleled level of accessibility and efficiency to all travelers.
Whether you’re exploring Sharjah’s cultural landmarks or commuting to work, the Card is your key to unlocking a world of effortless mobility. Welcome to a new era of transportation convenience in Sharjah! Keep on reading to learn more about it here.
- What is the Sayer Card?
- Sayer vs NOL Card
- Where to Get the Sayer Card
- Types of Sayer Card
- Recharging Your Sayer Card
- Registering Your Card
- Checking Your Sayer Card Balance
- Cash & Sayer Ticket Price
- Frequently Asked Questions
- 1. Can I use my SAYER card on other modes of public transport?
- 2. Is the SAYER card valid for all routes?
- 3. Are there any discounts or promotions available with the SAYER card?
- 4. Can I transfer the balance from my old SAYER card to a new one?
- 5. What do I do if my SAYER card is damaged?
- 6. Is there a limit to how much credit I can add to my SAYER card at once?
- 7. Can I use my SAYER card for someone else’s fare?
- 8. Is there an expiry date for unused credit on my SAYER card?
What is the Sayer Card?
Under the careful administration of the Sharjah Road and Transport Authority (SRTA), public transportation in Sharjah has been elevated to a new level of efficiency and convenience through the introduction of this card.
This initiative aims to optimize the travel experience for residents and visitors alike, saving valuable time during their journeys across the Emirate.
With this card, commuters can bid farewell to the hassle of carrying cash while traveling on buses.
Instead, they can effortlessly pay their fare by simply tapping the card on the designated reader, making boarding and payment a seamless process.
This innovative payment method not only streamlines travel but also encourages more people to embrace sustainable and environmentally friendly modes of transportation, solidifying Sharjah’s commitment to a greener future.
With the Sayer card as their trusty companion, commuters can navigate the city with ease, unlocking a new era of effortless mobility and contributing to a more sustainable and interconnected community.
Sayer vs NOL Card
- Cash-free Method of Payment: Both the Sayer and nol cards eliminate the need for cash when using public transportation. Commuters can load credit onto the cards and use them to pay for fares effortlessly, making the payment process quick and efficient.
- Contactless Smartcards: Both cards are contactless, allowing users to tap the card on the designated reader for payment, without the hassle of swiping or inserting the card. This feature ensures a smooth and swift boarding experience, reducing waiting times for passengers.
- Public Transportation Access: Both cards can be used to access public transportation services. While the nol card caters to a wide range of transport options in Dubai, including buses, metro, trams, and waterbuses, the Sayer card specifically facilitates bus travel in Sharjah. This commonality enhances mobility options for commuters in both emirates.
- Target Audience: Both cards offer public transportation convenience and a broader focus including students, senior citizens, and people of determination, ensuring secure and accessible public transportation for these groups in their respective emirates.
Coverage and Services: The nol card has a more extensive coverage in terms of services. In addition to public transport, it can be used for various other services across Dubai, such as taxis, RTA paid parking, Dubai public parks, museums, and numerous shops. On the other hand, the Sayer card focuses solely on providing a convenient payment method for buses in Sharjah.
Where to Get the Sayer Card
- Jubail Bus Terminal: You can obtain the card from the Jubail bus terminal, making it convenient for commuters who frequently use the terminal for their travels.
- Sayer Card Vending Machines: Look out for card vending machines located at various transport hubs and retail points across Sharjah. These machines provide a quick and easy way to acquire the card.
- Retail Points: Sayer cards are also available at select retail outlets, further expanding accessibility for users.
- Onboard Purchase: For added convenience, you can buy the card directly from the Mowasalat bus drivers while onboard the bus.
Types of Sayer Card
- BLUE CARD
- This subscription card is ideal for travelers who don’t frequently commute via bus in Sharjah.
- Cost: AED 50, AED 95, or AED 185, with each option offering different initial credit balances for your convenience.
- Discounted Fare: Enjoy a 25 percent discount when using the blue card for bus travel, paying AED 6 instead of the regular AED 8 fare.
- One-Time Card Fee: Upon purchase, a one-time fee of AED 5 (inclusive of five percent VAT) will be deducted from your total balance. However, the same amount will be added back to your balance when you recharge the card next time.
- Validity: The blue card remains valid for five years from the date of purchase.
- GREY CARD
- Perfect for those who regularly commute via public buses in Sharjah.
- Monthly Charges: Pay AED 225 for unlimited trips on buses for 30 days.
- Initial Card Fee: Similar to the blue card, a one-time fee of AED 5 (inclusive of VAT) will be deducted from your total balance, which will be replenished upon recharge.
- Subscription Renewal: The grey card’s validity is for five years, but you will need to renew your subscription every month to continue enjoying unlimited trips.
- WHITE CARD:
- Reserved for people of determination and social assistance beneficiaries.
- Free Travel: The white card allows free travel on public transportation for eligible users.
- Validity: The white card remains valid for one year from the date of issuance.
Recharging Your Sayer Card
Since there is no online application for top-up at the moment, you can only recharge your card onboard any Sharjah public bus.
– Inform the Driver: Let the bus driver know the amount you want to recharge on your card or pay for your monthly subscription fee if you have a grey card.
– Transaction Process: The driver will recharge your card with the requested amount and return it to you along with a purchase or payment receipt.
Registering Your Card
Registering your card is crucial to safeguard your funds and personal information in case of loss or damage to the card.
– Hot-listing: A registered Sayer card can be hot-listed immediately if it’s lost or stolen, ensuring that no one else can use it.
Benefits of Registering Your Card
Registering your Sayer card comes with a range of advantages that provide security, convenience, and peace of mind. This guide highlights the benefits of registering your card to help you make the most of your public transportation experience in Sharjah.
- Loss, Theft, or Damage Protection:
- One of the most significant benefits of registering your Sayer card is that it offers protection in case of loss, theft, or damage.
- If you lose your registered card or it gets stolen, you can immediately report the incident to Sharjah’s Public Transport authorities, and they will block the card from further use.
- Balance Transfer: Additionally, the balance remaining on the lost or stolen card can be transferred to another replacement card.
- This ensures that you do not lose the credit you had on the lost card, allowing you to continue using the new card with your original balance intact.
- Hassle-Free Replacement:
- Registering your Sayer card streamlines the process of obtaining a replacement card.
- In case your card is damaged or lost, you can easily visit the nearest Sayer card retail point or bus terminal and present your registration details to get a new card with your balance and registration data transferred.
- Ownership Confirmation:
- Registering your Sayer card confirms ownership, preventing anyone else from claiming your balance or using the card if it’s lost.
- This adds an extra layer of security to protect your funds.
- Customer Support Assistance:
- Registered cardholders receive dedicated customer support in case of any issues or inquiries related to their cards.
- The customer service team can help with balance inquiries, card replacements, and other card-related matters.
- Extended Validity Period:
- Unlike unregistered cards, which might have a limited validity period, registered cards enjoy an extended validity of five years from the date of purchase.
- This means you can use the same registered card for an extended duration without worrying about its expiration.
How to Register
- Visit the official website of Sharjah Road and Transport Authority (SRTA) or the card registration page on the Mowasalat website.
- Provide your details, including name, Sayer card number, Emirates ID, and choose a new password for the registration process.
- The registration process usually takes around 7 to 10 days, after which your card will be officially registered under your name.
Checking Your Sayer Card Balance
- For Regular Users: When passengers pay for bus tickets using their cards, the bus driver provides them with a receipt that displays the remaining balance on the card.
- Grey Card Users: If you have a grey card with a monthly subscription fee for unlimited bus rides, you don’t need to check your balance as you have unlimited access throughout the subscription period.
By following these simple steps for recharging, registering, and checking your Sayer card balance, you can ensure a smooth and hassle-free experience while using public transportation in Sharjah.
The card not only offers convenience but also provides peace of mind, knowing that your funds and card details are secure in case of any unexpected events.
Cash & Sayer Ticket Price
If you are a frequent user of public transportation in Sharjah, the SAYER card is your ticket to convenience and savings. Designed for regular travelers, the SAYER card offers a host of benefits that streamline your daily commute.
- Typical Users:
- The card is tailored for frequent public transport passengers who use buses regularly for their daily commute or travel needs.
- Maximum Allowed Balance:
- The card allows a maximum balance of AED 180, ensuring you can load credit for multiple trips without any inconvenience.
- Yes, the card is rechargeable. You can easily top up your card with credit whenever needed, ensuring you never run out of travel funds.
- The card remains valid for an extended period of 5 years from the date of purchase. This means you can continue using the same card for hassle-free travel over an extended duration.
- Flat Rate:
- With the SAYER card, you enjoy the privilege of a flat rate for bus fares, making it cost-effective and predictable for your daily commute.
- Cash Ticket vs. Sayer Ticket:
- Cash Ticket: Without a SAYER card, a regular cash ticket costs AED 8.00 for each bus journey.
- Sayer Ticket: With the SAYER card, you benefit from a reduced fare of AED 6.00 per bus journey, saving you AED 2.00 on each trip.
- Card Price and One-Time Payment:
- The SAYER card is available in two options:
- AED 45
- AED 90
- In addition to the card cost, there is a one-time payment of AED 5, which covers the administrative charges for obtaining the card.
- Selling & Recharge Points:
- You can purchase or recharge your SAYER card at Sharjah Mowasalat Bus terminals or authorized outlets across the city. Simply approach the ticket counters or card vending machines for assistance.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can I use my SAYER card on other modes of public transport?
The SAYER card is specifically designed for use on Mowasalat Buses in Sharjah and cannot be used on other modes of public transport like the Dubai Metro or Waterbus.
2. Is the SAYER card valid for all routes?
Yes, the card is valid for all Mowasalat Bus routes within Sharjah, allowing you to travel seamlessly across the city.
3. Are there any discounts or promotions available with the SAYER card?
Currently, there are no specific discounts or promotions associated with the card. However, the card itself offers a reduced fare compared to cash tickets, providing cost savings on each bus journey.
4. Can I transfer the balance from my old SAYER card to a new one?
Unfortunately, balance transfer between cards is not supported. When you obtain a new card, you will start with the initial credit you loaded onto it.
5. What do I do if my SAYER card is damaged?
In case your SAYER card is damaged, you can visit any card retail point or the nearest bus terminal to obtain a replacement card. Your balance and registration details will be transferred to the new card.
6. Is there a limit to how much credit I can add to my SAYER card at once?
Yes, the maximum allowed balance on a card is AED 180. You cannot add credit beyond this limit.
7. Can I use my SAYER card for someone else’s fare?
The SAYER card is non-transferable, and each passenger must have their own card to pay for their fare. It cannot be used to pay for multiple passengers.
8. Is there an expiry date for unused credit on my SAYER card?
No, there is no expiry date for the unused credit on your card. The balance remains available for use until it is used up or until the card’s validity period expires.
In conclusion, the Sayer Card stands as a testament to Sharjah’s commitment to providing its residents and visitors with a modern and efficient public transportation system.
With its emphasis on convenience, accessibility, and seamless travel, the Sayer Card has set a new standard for transportation experiences in the city.
Whether you’re a regular commuter or an occasional traveler, the Card offers a multitude of benefits, from cash-free payments and easy access to buses to the option of personalized subscriptions for different types of users.
As you explore Sharjah’s cultural landmarks or go about your daily routine, the Sayer Card becomes your reliable companion, simplifying your journey and saving you precious time.
With the Sayer Card in your pocket, you gain access to a world of effortless mobility, enabling you to navigate the city with ease and efficiency.
READ NEXT: Transportation: Getting Around Dubai