Did you know that there’s a direct bus ride from Al Ain to Sharjah? If you’re looking to travel conveniently between these two vibrant cities in the United Arab Emirates, the bus service offers a convenient and efficient transportation option. Whether you’re a tourist eager to explore the cultural gems of Sharjah or a resident planning a weekend getaway, knowing the Al Ain to Sharjah bus timings provides a hassle-free journey with the comfort and convenience you deserve.
Let’s delve into the details of this well-organized bus service that connects two distinct and captivating emirates, allowing you to enjoy a smooth and scenic transportation experience through the heart of the UAE. Read on!
- Al Ain to Sharjah – Bus 118
- Bus Route
- Bus Schedule and Timings
- Bus Fare and Payment Options
- Frequently Asked Questions
- 1. What are the bus timings for Al Ain to Sharjah route?
- 2. How long does the bus journey from Al Ain to Sharjah take?
- 3. Which bus station in Al Ain serves buses to Sharjah?
- 4. Can I book tickets for the Al Ain to Sharjah bus online?
- 5. Are there any stops or rest areas along the way?
- 6. What is the fare for the Al Ain to Sharjah bus?
- 7. Is there a bus schedule for weekends or public holidays between Al Ain and Sharjah?
Al Ain to Sharjah – Bus 118
The 118 bus route from Al Ain Bus Station to Al Jubai bus station offers a vital link between two key locations in the UAE. As you embark on this journey, you’ll witness the dynamic landscapes of Al Ain transform into the bustling urban scenes of Al Jubai.
The route encompasses a blend of modernity and tradition, passing by iconic landmarks, thriving markets, and picturesque vistas that showcase the rich cultural heritage of the region. However, do note that this route does not have any quick stops. The entire trip takes at least three hours and 50 minutes. The travel duration may vary depending on the traffic and weather conditions on the road.
Whether you’re a daily commuter or an adventurous traveler, the 118 bus route promises a comfortable and reliable transportation option, allowing you to explore the beauty of these two distinct cities while immersing yourself in the vibrant spirit of the United Arab Emirates.
Al Ain Bus Station
- Address: Al Khabisi, Al Ain, United Arab Emirates
- Nearby Landmarks:
- Al Ain Mall: One of the largest shopping malls in Al Ain, located just a short walk away from the bus station. It offers a wide range of retail stores, dining options, and entertainment facilities.
- Sheikh Zayed Palace Museum: Situated approximately 1.5 kilometers from the bus station, this historical palace turned museum provides visitors with a glimpse into the life and legacy of the UAE’s founding father, Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan.
- Al Ain Oasis: A tranquil and expansive date palm oasis, located about 2 kilometers from the bus station. Visitors can take a leisurely stroll along the shaded pathways and appreciate the traditional irrigation system, known as “falaj.”
Al Jubail Bus Terminal 2
- Address: Al Soor, Sharjah, United Arab Emirates
- Nearby Landmarks:
- Sharjah Fish Market: Situated within walking distance of the bus terminal, this vibrant market offers an authentic experience of the local fishing industry. Visitors can purchase fresh seafood or simply immerse themselves in the lively atmosphere.
- Sharjah Heritage Area: Approximately 1.5 kilometers from the bus terminal, this well-preserved historic district showcases traditional Emirati architecture, museums, and cultural attractions, providing a glimpse into the rich heritage of Sharjah.
- Al Jubail Souq: Located within a short distance from the bus terminal, this bustling market offers an array of shops selling textiles, spices, handicrafts, and souvenirs, making it a perfect spot for some retail therapy.
Here is the map of the 118 bus route directly plying from Al Ain Bus Station to Al Jubail Bus Terminal 2, and vice versa. Take note that there are no bus stops for this trip, offering commuters a point-to-point travel experience.
Bus Schedule and Timings
If you’re planning a trip from Al Ain to Sharjah by bus, here’s an overview of the 118 bus time schedule. The bus service runs daily, providing a convenient transportation option for commuters and travelers alike.
Bus Operating Hours
- The bus service starts operating at 03:45 AM and ends at 11:00 PM, seven days a week.
- Between 3:45 AM to 6:00 AM, the bus runs at an interval of every 45 minutes. This early morning service caters to those who prefer to start their journey early in the day.
- Between 6:00 AM to 11:00 PM, the bus runs at an interval of every 60 minutes. Throughout the day, you can count on frequent departures to suit your travel plans.
Bus Fare and Payment Options
Traveling by bus from Al Ain to Sharjah is not only a convenient option but also the most affordable way to travel between these two cities. The one-way ticket price for this journey is just 33 AED (approximately 9 USD), making it an economical choice for both residents and tourists alike.
Hafilat Smart Cards: To make your bus travel even more seamless, you can easily use the Hafilat smart card system. Passengers can purchase a new Hafilat card or reload an existing one at the designated counters with the assistance of a Hafilat agent. The smart card eliminates the need for carrying cash, and you can use it for multiple bus rides within Sharjah and other participating emirates.
How to Obtain a Hafilat Smart Card:
- Purchase: If you don’t already have a Hafilat card, you can buy a new one at any designated SRTA counter or ticket vending machine.
- Reload: For existing cardholders, you can top up your Hafilat card balance at the same counters or ticket vending machines.
Note: It’s important to keep your Hafilat smart card safe and avoid bending, damaging, or exposing it to extreme temperatures, as this may affect its functionality.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What are the bus timings for Al Ain to Sharjah route?
The bus timings for the Al Ain to Sharjah route may vary based on the day of the week and time of day. Generally, buses operate regularly throughout the day with the first departures in the early morning at 3:45 AM and the last ones in the evening at 11:00 PM. It is advisable to check with the local bus station or the transportation authority for the most up-to-date schedule.
2. How long does the bus journey from Al Ain to Sharjah take?
The duration of the bus journey from Al Ain to Sharjah depends on the traffic and other conditions. On average, it takes around 2.5 to 3.5 hours to cover the distance between the two cities.
3. Which bus station in Al Ain serves buses to Sharjah?
Buses from Al Ain to Sharjah generally depart from the Al Ain Bus Station. This is a major bus terminal in Al Ain and is well-equipped with facilities for passengers.
4. Can I book tickets for the Al Ain to Sharjah bus online?
Online booking for the Al Ain to Sharjah bus route might not be widely available at the moment. However, securing bus seats for this route is still effortless, thanks to the frequent and regular bus services. With buses operating at regular intervals, passengers typically experience a wait time of no more than an hour for the next departure. So, whether you plan your journey in advance or decide to travel spontaneously, you can rest assured that there will be convenient options to get you from Al Ain to Sharjah without much hassle. Simply head to the Al Ain Bus Station, where you can easily find buses ready to take you to your destination with minimal wait times.
5. Are there any stops or rest areas along the way?
While there are no specific bus stops along the Al Ain to Sharjah route, intercity buses in the UAE are well-equipped to provide passengers with a comfortable and seamless journey. These buses are designed to offer a smooth ride, and they are equipped with modern amenities to ensure your travel experience is pleasant. The buses are air-conditioned, spacious, and have comfortable seating, making the journey between Al Ain and Sharjah a convenient and enjoyable one.
That being said, when traveling from Al Ain to Sharjah by bus, it’s a good idea to carry some essentials with you for added comfort during the journey.
- Bring a refillable water bottle to stay hydrated throughout the journey, as bus rides can sometimes be warm due to the UAE’s climate.
- Also, don’t forget to bring along some snacks or light refreshments to keep yourself energized during the ride.
6. What is the fare for the Al Ain to Sharjah bus?
The one-way bus fare from Al Ain to Sharjah is typically 33 AED. However, fares are subject to change, so it’s best to verify the current fare with the transportation authority.
7. Is there a bus schedule for weekends or public holidays between Al Ain and Sharjah?
Yes, there is a bus schedule available for weekends and public holidays between Al Ain and Sharjah. The transportation authorities often provide special schedules to accommodate the increased demand for travel during these periods. However, it’s essential to check with the local bus station or transportation authority to confirm the specific timings for weekends and public holidays, as they might differ from regular weekday schedules. Planning your trip in advance and being aware of the holiday schedules will help ensure a smooth and enjoyable journey between these two cities.
In conclusion, the direct bus ride from Al Ain to Sharjah is a fantastic option for travelers seeking convenience and affordability.
Whether you’re an eager tourist or a local resident, this well-organized bus service ensures a hassle-free journey between these two vibrant cities in the UAE.
With a range of bus timings available, you can plan your trip with ease and enjoy the comfort and convenience of modern intercity buses.
Explore the cultural gems of Sharjah or embark on a weekend getaway with confidence, knowing that the Al Ain to Sharjah bus service has your transportation needs covered.
READ NEXT: 12 Things to Do in Sharjah