Home News FAQs about 2018 UAE Amnesty

FAQs about 2018 UAE Amnesty

The Philippine Embassy in Abu Dhabi has released an advisory regarding the UAE amnesty program intended for visa violators who are currently residing in the UAE. Please see the common questions answered.

Also Read: Major Changes in Visa Policies in UAE

Note: Be advised that the FAQs are intended for Filipinos in the UAE, however, for other nationalities, you can still get some pointers and tips. But it’s always best to contact your country’s embassy in the UAE to make sure you get updated information.

For Dubai and Northern Emirates Residents, please refer to this advisory
For Abu Dhabi Residents, please refer to this announcement

FAQs on the 2018 UAE Immigration Amnesty (As of 26 of July 2018)

1. Question: Who are covered by the Amnesty?
Answer: Those with Overstaying and Absconding Cases ONLY will be covered by the immigration amnesty. Those availing of the amnesty will be exempt from the usual fines and penalties for immigration violations. In addition, no permanent ban for re-entering the UAE shall be imposed to them.

2. Question: What about those with other additional cases such as financial cases (bouncing cheques, credit card issues, unpaid loans, etc.), police/legal cases, or immorality related cases? Are they covered by the Amnesty?
Answer: No, those with such cases enumerated above are not eligible for the amnesty. Those with such cases are but do desire to avail of the amnesty must resolve their cases first before the amnesty period ends.

3. Question: What are my options for this amnesty?
Answer: You may opt to exit the UAE and return to the Philippines, without paying any overstay fines and without having an entry ban imposed on you (as per UAE government pronouncements) or you may opt to stay and register for a six-month jobseekers’ visa upon payment of prescribed fees by the UAE.

4. Question: What basic document must I carry with me to avail of the amnesty?
Answer: You must carry with you a valid machine readable or electronic passport.

5. Question: What if I do not have a valid machine readable or electronic passport with me?
Answer: Come to the Embassy to apply for a travel document if you are opting to exit the UAE. If you are opting to stay in the UAE to search for employment, have your passport renewed. Make sure that your latest expired/cancelled visa was issued within the Emirate of Abu Dhabi to be entertained for processing by the Philippine Embassy. Present your valid travel document or passport at the Amnesty service centers.

6. Question: At which amnesty center should I approach to apply for immigration amnesty?
Answer: Approach the amnesty service center located at the Emirate or Municipal Region that has issued your most recent visa (residence visa, visit visa, or tourist visa).

For those whose most recent expired/cancelled visa issued was within the Emirate of Abu Dhabi, please approach the Amnesty Service Centers at the Municipal Region that issued your most recent visa: Shahama (for Abu Dhabi), Al Ain, and Al Gharbia (Al Dhafra/Western Region).

7. Question: Will the Embassy assist me if I am opting for repatriation?
Answer: Yes, the Embassy will assist you if you are opting for repatriation and your most recent visa was issued within the Emirate of Abu Dhabi (Abu Dhabi, Al Ain, Gharbia/Al Dhafra/Western Region). Assistance will cover for payment of exit passes, fees for absconding lifting, and airfare to the Philippines. Those with visas issued from the other Emirates (Dubai, Sharjah, etc.) should approach the Consulate-General in Dubai for more information.

8. Question: Will the Embassy cover the expenses for those who will opt to rectify their status and stay in the UAE?
Answer: No, the Embassy shall only assist those wishing to exit the UAE.

9. Question: If I am unable to find a job and my six-month jobseekers visa is about to expire, what must I do?
Answer: You must leave the UAE ten days before the expiration of your jobseekers’ visa to avoid immigration penalties.

10. Question: If I have any further questions about the amnesty, how which agencies should I contact?
Answer: Please contact the Federal Authority of Identity and Citizenship by ringing their toll free hotline at 80080 or send the Embassy an email at atn.abudhabi@gmail.com

Source — http://www.abudhabipe.dfa.gov.ph


We're on YouTube!
Please subscribe to the Dubai OFW YouTube Channel for updates and tips!

Get FREE Dubai Updates by entering your email address:

Don't forget to check your email to activate your subscription!


Enjoy Great Sounds Anywhere with these 8 Portable Speakers

We have previously talked about some great speakers that you can use when listening to music or watching movies at home. But what if...

Use these Mouse Pads & Wrist Rests for Working Long Hours

Does your work involve working long hours in front of the computer? If so, then most likely you have experienced body pain, such as...

8 Top Selling Travel Mugs for Coffee & Tea Lovers

Just recently, we featured some really cool water bottles that can keep you hydrated, wherever you may be. Today, we’re going to talk about...

13 Best Pet Toys your Dog Will Surely Love

If you happen have a dog for a pet, then you know the importance of having dog toys around the house. Toys are necessary...

8 Beddings & Pillows that Your Kids Will Love

Are you planning to furnish or decorate your children’s bedroom anytime soon? Other than kid-sized furniture and decor, you’re going to need children-themed beddings,...

Store Precious Memories in these Frames and Photo Displays

Just as we use jewelry boxes for storing jewelry and keepsakes, we use albums, frames, and displays for keeping something that is also precious...

12 Great (and Cheap) Gifts for Father’s Day

Father’s Day is just around the corner, so most likely you’re already thinking about what to buy for your Dad. And although malls and...