The Philippine Embassy in Abu Dhabi has posted an advisory for illegal Filipino nationals currently residing in the UAE with an expired/cancelled visa to rectify their status and take advantage of the UAE amnesty initiative. Please check the details below.
Also Read: Major Changes in Visa Policies in UAE
UAE AMNESTY 2018 (01 August – 31 October 2018)
The Philippine Embassy in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates, enjoins Filipino nationals who have overstayed in Abu Dhabi to avail of the initiative of the UAE Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship (ICA) titled “Protect yourself by modifying your status”, which will be implemented from 01 August 2018 to 31 October 2018.
The initiative guarantees the following benefits:
- Exemption from all immigration fines;
- Departure without ban stamp;
- Return after departure;
- Ability to modify status inside the country for a minimal payment of AED500;
- Job opportunities by registering at the virtual labor market which can be accessed onthe official website of the Ministry of Human Resources and Emiratisation; and
- The privilege of obtaining a temporary residence.
Filipino nationals with Abu Dhabi visa and who wish to avail of the amnesty may refer to the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) here.
The Embassy is ready to assist Filipino nationals with Abu Dhabi visa and who are availing of the amnesty with their needed travel documents.
For further queries, you may email to email@example.com. The UAE Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship has also provided toll free no. 80080 as its hotline.
Source — http://www.abudhabipe.dfa.gov.ph