We recently shared about the sushi and teppanyaki buffet at Minato Japanese Restaurant. And speaking of Japan, aside from its delicious food, the country is also known for its beautiful landscapes and unique culture, which persist alongside futuristic transportation and innovations.
If you have always dreamed of going to the famous “Land of the the Rising Sun,” then don’t worry because we’ve got you covered! In today’s post, we shall discuss the requirements and procedure for getting a Japan tourist visa, particularly if you are applying from Dubai.
Guide to Getting a Japan Tourist Visa in Dubai
The Japan tourist visa falls under a “short term stay” or temporary visit, which also includes “short-term business affairs” and “visits to relatives/friends.” For this article, however, we will solely focuses on the requirements for “tourism.” (Please note that there are different sets of requirements for short-term business affairs and visits to relatives/friends).
Meanwhile, some nationalities do not need to obtain a tourist visa before coming to Japan. Please visit this link to see the complete list of countries with visa exemptions. If your country of origin is not in the list, then keep on reading to learn how to apply for a visa!
Before applying for a Japan tourist visa, please complete the following requirements first:
- Original passport (more than 2 blank pages)
- Copy of passport with UAE residence visa page
- Valid Emirates ID
- 1 set of accomplished visa application form
- 1 photo with white background (taken within past 6 months)
- Copy of confirmation of flight booking
- Copy of confirmation of hotel booking
- Original certificate of employment
- Original NOC letter from employer
- Bank statement (for the past 3 months)
- Schedule of stay or travel itinerary
- Visa fee
NOTE: The visa fee varies depending on nationality. Some countries have visa fee exemptions; visit this link to see if your country is exempted.
Applicants based in Dubai, Sharjah, Ajman, Umm Al Quwain, Ras Al Khaimah, and Fujairah can apply for a tourist visa at the Consulate General of Japan in Dubai (see address below). On the other hand, residents in Abu Dhabi can apply at the Japanese Embassy in Abu Dhabi.
No appointments are needed to apply for a tourist visa. Simply bring your requirements to the Consulate and pay the fees. Once your application has been approved/accepted, visa processing would take a minimum of 4 working days before you can claim your visa.
Please take note of the following office hours at the Consulate:
- Sundays to Thursdays, 9 am to 12:30 pm for visa application
- Sundays to Thursdays, 12:30 pm to 2:30 pm for visa collection
- Your documents must be valid at the time of visa application and submitted within 3 months of their date of issue.
- You may be asked to submit additional requirements for further examination.
- Submitted documents for visa application will not be returned (except for your passport).
Contact Information – Consulate General of Japan in Dubai
Address: 28th Floor, Dubai World Trade Centre, P.O. Box 9336, Dubai, UAE
Telephone: +971 4 293 8888
DISCLAIMER: The above guide is presented for information-sharing purposes only. The exact details may change, so to learn more about the requirements and procedure in applying for a Japan tourist visa, please visit the official website of the Consulate General of Japan in Dubai.