OFWs, just like any working Filipino never get it easy whenever they venture into the unknown abroad. Since they don’t always end up well off, unlike what others think, they too, can greatly benefit from loan programs in the Philippines, including the specialized loan program for OFWs – the Landbank OFW loan, also known as the OFW Reintegration Program Loan from OWWA.
Also Read: 12 Reasons Why Filipinos Want to Work in UAE
With this in mind, it’s critical to shop around for loan programs and evaluate the offerings of different financial institutions. You’ll be able to find something that meets your objectives and requirements if you do this. To avoid having your credit score negatively affected, you must be aware of the terms and characteristics of any loan program you are considering. If you fail to do so, it may be more difficult for you to obtain money from the same bank or even from other banks in the future, making compliance with this requirement critical.
- Applying for a Landbank OFW Loan
- Here’s Why You Should Get a Landbank OFW Loan
- Landbank Personal Loans
- Types of Landbank OFW Loan
- Landbank Loan Program for Farmers
- Landbank Loans to Fishers
- Landbank Business Loan
- Tips when Applying for a Landbank OFW Loan
- Landbank OFW Loan FAQs
- Contact Information
- Google Map Location
Applying for a Landbank OFW Loan
Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs) can benefit from a Landbank OFW loan or the Landbank’s OFW Reintegration Program Loan, which can help them start or expand their businesses. You can now set up and run your own business as an alternative to your overseas work thanks to the bank’s credit help and guidance.
The Landbank of the Philippines is a financial institution that is wholly owned by the government of the country. It was founded in 1963 with the purpose of providing loan facilities for agricultural, commercial, and industrial enterprises. Despite the fact that it is a government-owned bank, it is not in the business of making money.
It serves as the go-to bank for agricultural and rural development projects in the region. Financial aid is provided for the construction, improvement, and expansion of farm-to-market roads, farm mechanization, and post-harvest facilities, among other things.
It primarily engages in land-based financial activities, such as loan operations and agro-industrial finance, as well as other related activities. Agriculture financing, real estate financing, trade financing, automotive financing, and other loans are also available through the Landbank Corporation.
This is how getting a Landbank OFW loan works:
Here’s Why You Should Get a Landbank OFW Loan
Here are a few of the reasons why you should consider obtaining a personal loan from Landbank:
Variety of product
It’s no surprise that Landbank is one of the banks that offers customers the greatest financial assistance packages, as seen by the dozens of different programs offered by the institution. In terms of objects and purposes, there are three major categories:
- For farmers and fishers: In terms of lending, its primary function is to assist individuals and businesses with loans regarding rural land and farming-related needs. Aside from that, they provide funding for agricultural machinery and livestock feed supplies, as well as money to farmers and fishers.
- For housing purposes: Its goal is to make the process of purchasing or building a home as simple as possible. People who want to realize their dream of owning a home may consider this option.
- For business: These programs assist entrepreneurs in the beginning, maintenance, and expansion of their businesses. They provide financial support to entrepreneurs that seek to expand their firms but do not have the necessary resources.
Attractive interest rate
- For farmers and fishers: The Land Bank of the Philippines has made their programs cheaper for their customers. Because of their efforts to increase support for their clients’ organizations, they have reduced the interest rates on their financing programs for most farmers and fishermen to 5 percent per annum, which is significantly lower than the national average. Additionally, there are several retail financing schemes with set interest rates of 2 percent p.a., which provide the greatest amount of assistance to locals.
- For businesses: The institution stands ready to assist in the rehabilitation of local enterprise cooperatives that have been negatively affected by COVID-19. Anyone who is interested in taking out loans at a competitive interest rate of 5 percent p.a. may do so through the Small Business Development Center. The loan period can be as long as 5 years, which makes it more convenient for business owners.
Higher loan amount
Loan amounts will vary depending on the type of assistance provided. However, the bank is always able to meet the majority of its customers’ needs with appealing amounts:
- Several initiatives have been developed for enterprises by the institution to give them with an alternative means of receiving the initial funds they require.
- Borrowers that meet the requirements can acquire a minimum of 100,000 pesos or any amount up to 85 percent of their operating capital (not exceeding 300,000 pesos). You do not need to submit any hard collateral in order to be considered for this program!
- Loans as little as 500,000 pesos are available for housing purposes, with repayment lengths ranging from 10 to 20 years. The maximum amount you are eligible to receive is determined by the verified monthly income of you and your spouse together.
- In the case of farmers and fishermen, the amount of money awarded will vary depending on the requirements and goals of each individual, and will range from around 20,000 to 300,000 pesos (or more).
Landbank Personal Loans
A government financial institution, the Landbank of the Philippines strives to strike a balance between achieving its social objective of fostering rural development and remaining economically sustainable.
Using a network of 411 Branches and 66 branch-lite units, 55 Lending Centers and a total of 2,316 ATMs and 168 CDMs (as of February 2021), Landbank delivers timely, responsive financial and support services to meet the needs of their clients, particularly small farmers and fishermen (SFFs), micro, small and medium-sized enterprises (MSMEs), countryside financial institutions (CFIs), local government units (LGUs) and government agencies, all of whom can benefit from sustainable development anchored on good governance.
According to the Land Bank of the Philippines’ official website, among the Landbank loans are the Home Loan Programs, as well as loan programs for fishers and farmers, and Business loans.
Types of Landbank OFW Loan
Landbank OFW loan programs include home loans and business loans. More than half of all loans that are given out are for homes. The next loan option is for buying new or used cars.
Each Landbank OFW loan category’s characteristics, requirements, application process, and rewards are discussed in detail in the sections that follow.
Landbank Home Loan Program
The Landbank Housing Opportunities Made Easy (HOME) Program provides a variety of housing options for persons who wish to purchase a home. You can choose from one of the following options:
- Easy Home Loan is designed to assist those who wish to purchase or construct their dream homes, as well as those who wish to refinance an existing loan from a bank or financing agency.
- End Buyer’s Tie-Up Facility is ideal for people who wish to construct their home through one of the bank’s certified developers.
- The Bahay Para sa Bagong Bayani (3B) program is a unique loan scheme for Filipinos working in foreign countries.
Landbank Home Loan Features: Easy Home Loan
Minimum Loanable Amount: Php 500,000.00
For Private Applicants:
The borrowing capacity of the individual borrower and his/her spouse (if applicable) will be based on 30% of the confirmed Gross Monthly Income for private applicants.
For Government Employees:
After home loan amortization, the borrowing capacity shall be determined on the amount required by GAA.
Tenor: The loan shall have a maximum duration of 20 years, provided that the borrower’s combined age and the term loan do not exceed 65 years.
Collateral: The loan shall have a maximum duration of 20 years, provided that the borrower’s combined age and the term loan do not exceed 65 years.
Purpose of the Loan
For the purchase of:
- Condominium unit
- Lot, House and lot
- Other residential unit
- Construction of a residential building on a lot owned by the borrower
- Refinancing of existing housing loan with other banks or financing firms or developers’ in-house financing-provided account is in “current status”
- Filipino citizens
- 21 years old (must not be more than 65 years of age upon loan’s maturity)
- Borrowers who are either gainfully employed or with lawful and profitable business
- Duly accomplished loan application form with 1″ X 1″ photo
- Latest certificate of income and employment
- Latest Income Tax Return with BIR stamp
- Marriage Contract, if applicable
- Photocopy of TCT/CCT
- Photocopy of tax declaration (land improvements)
- Certified Lot Plan
- Certified Location and Vicinity Map
- Latest Real Estates Tax Receipt
- Photocopy of TCT/CCTContract to Sell/Presell
- Master Deed of Restriction, in case of condominium
- HLURB Certification of Registration of Project
- HLURB Locational Clearance
Landbank Home Loan Features: Developer’s End-Buyers Financing Tie-up
Up to 90% of the contract price (including selling price, titling, and taxes), or the unpaid balance, whichever is less.
For Socialized Housing:
- The outstanding balance includes the selling price, titling, and taxes.
- The loanable amount should be within the borrower’s paying capacity, where paying capacity is calculated;
For Private Employees:
- 30% of the gross monthly income for private employees
For Government Employee:
- Based on the amount as required by GAA, after housing loan amortization
The loan will be for a maximum of 20 years.
For Socialized Housing: Maximum of 30 years
Real Estate Mortgage for property to be purchased from any of the certified developers’ residential projects.
- House and lot
- Condominium units
- Acquisition/Purchase of a lot and the construction of a house
- Construction of a house on a lot owned by the borrower
- Personal Information Data Sheet
- Certificate of employment
- Latest pay slip indicating net take home pay of borrower
- Any two of the following latest Billing Statements:
- Electric Bill
- Phone Bill
- Water Bill
- Credit Card Bill
- TV Subscription Bill
Private individuals owning their business / With established source of income:
- Business Registration and Licenses
- BIR-stamped Financial Statements and Income Tax Returns for the last three years
Applicable for both employed and private individuals with business
- Master Deed of Restriction
- Building and Unit Floor Plan
- HLURB Permit to Sell
- HLURB Locational Clearance
Landbank Home Loan Features: Bahay para sa Bagong Bayani (3B)
- Filipino citizens
- OFWs holding a live contract from a reputable company
- 21 years old but not more than 65 years of age upon loan maturity
- Clear of adverse credit finding with other creditors
Loan Amount: Lowest of the paying capacity of the OFW or loan value of collateral with loan value of 80% provided that:
- Financing will be for the principal residence or dwelling of the borrower OFW; and
- The title should be under the name of the OFW
20 years: for OFW with co-borrower
15 years: for OFW without co-borrower
- Primary, the Object of Financing or separate prime property if warranted
- Others that may be accepted in addition to the object of financing:
- Deposit with Hold-out
- Variable: Based on the posted rates at the time of availment
- Subject to yearly repricing
- Fixed: Based on posted rates at the time of availment
- 2-3 years
- 4-5 years
- 6-7 years
- 8-10 years
- 11-15 years
- 16-20 years
- For Socialized Housing: 1% below the posted EHL rates at the time of availment subject to annual repricing
For Credit Analysis:
- Duly accomplished loan application form with 1″ X 1″ photo
- Copy of employment contract
- Photocopy of TCT/CCT
- Photocopy of Tax Declaration (land improvements)
- Latest Real Estate Tax Receipts
- Certified by a Geodetic Engineer
- Lot Plan
- Location and vicinity map
For Construction and Renovation:
- Photocopy of TCT/CCT
How to Apply for a LANDBANK Home Loan
Interested clients may apply for a Landbank Home Loan by filling out the online application form using this link.
Landbank Loan Program for Farmers
In addition, Landbank offers a variety of lending solutions for Filipino agricultural entrepreneurs. Each has a distinguishing trait that allows farmers to select from a wide range of options available.
In addition to receiving assistance from the Department of Agriculture (DA), the Da Sikat Saka Program also provides a direct credit window to the government bank.
The Agricultural Credit Support Project provides financing to help farmers raise their investments, create new job possibilities, and increase the productivity of their farms.
The Agricultural and Fishers Financing Program (AFFP) provides a means for small farmers to obtain financing in order to finance their economic activities.
Landbank Loans to Fishers
Landbank loans include loan offers designed to assist fishermen, such as the “Agricultural Credit Support Project” and the “Agricultural and Fishers Financing Program,” which are among the credit options available.
When it comes to fisherman, the ACSP is ideal for those looking to obtain aid for the advancement of their agri-related enterprises, while the AFFP is designed to give Filipino fishermen the opportunity to receive formal finance.
Landbank Business Loan
OFWs can now start and run their own enterprises thanks to a collaboration between the OWWA and Landbank. This program offers them financial assistance to help them create and run their businesses.
Why Take Out a Landbank Business Loan (OFW Reintegration Program Loan)
The Overseas Workers Welfare Administration’s (OWWA) loan facility is a loan program that provides financial support to migrant workers and their families in the Philippines. It aims to encourage them to pursue entrepreneurial activities and develop their skills as alternatives to overseas employment.
Landbank Business Loan Features:
- Only OFWs who are active members and are certified by OWWA can apply for the OFW Reintegration Program. Eligible borrower can either be individual (single proprietorship) or by group (partnership, cooperative, or corporation).
- Purpose of the loan must be for working capital or fixed asset acquisition.
- Loanable amount is between P100,000 to P2,000,000
- Short-term loans have a maximum term of one year, whereas long-term loans have a maximum tenure of seven years and include a two-year grace period.
- 5% interest rate per annum
- The proposed firm must earn at least P10,000 net monthly. It could be a franchising business, a transportation service, a trading or service business, construction or renting, agricultural and non-agricultural production or manufacturing, or a contract tie-up with a Fortune 1000 corporation.
- A real estate mortgage, chattel on equipment or machinery, a Deed of Assignment on inventories or receivables, or a hold-out on deposit is required as loan security.
Requirements for a Landbank Business Loan (OFW Reintegration Program Loan):
Before you can begin working with Landbank OFW Reintegration Program Loan, you must first submit the necessary papers. The sooner you submit your application, the better, as it will allow them to complete your application more swiftly.
- OWWA certification as proof that you are a bona fide member
- Certificate of Completion of Enterprise Development Training (EDT). Read more about it here.
- Bio-data of the applicant
- Business-related documents and permits such as business plan, Certificate of Registration with DTI, and Mayor’s Permit
- If applicable, at least three years Income Tax Return, BIR-filed Financial Statements, and latest Interim Financial Statements
- Statement of Assets and Liabilities
How to Apply for a Landbank Business Loan (OFW Reintegration Program Loan):
- Attend the required training at an OWWA Office in your area by visiting their website. You will be required to attend training sessions in order to use this lending facility.
- As soon as you have obtained the EDT certification, you should submit all of your other criteria to Landbank for examination and processing.
- Once you have submitted all of your loan criteria, you must wait at least 45 days before finding out the status of your loan application.
Tips when Applying for a Landbank OFW Loan
Make a note of all of your concerns and issues that you want to address before you go to the bank to make your trip easier. Making an informed decision will be easier if you have all of the facts.
Any inquiries you have about the loan should be directed to the bank’s customer service representative. In the event you have any questions or issues, please do not hesitate to contact them. You can also inquire about loan rates, monthly payments, and any other relevant information that may be relevant to you.
With this tool, you can see what your monthly payments will look like for an amount of money that you choose to borrow. The “calculate” option will allow you to get a visual representation of what your monthly repayments would look like if you choose that choice.
If you are looking for a specific loan, such as a car loan, a loan calculator will assist you in establishing how much money you can afford to borrow and how much money you will need to pay back each month if you use it. Depending on your financial circumstances, this tool may also be able to tell you how much money you may expect to borrow and how much money you can afford to pay back each month based on your expectations.
Preparation is key before applying for a loan. Make sure you understand that it is best to borrow only what you require rather than what you wish to spend your money on. There are a variety of fees and expenditures that you may be forced to pay in addition to the loan itself.
Make certain that you always have all of the relevant papers with you before beginning to work with a bank. This will make the operation less difficult for you and will allow you to devote more time to what you need to do in the next days and weeks.
Always double-check that you have all of the necessary papers on hand before commencing any business relationship with a financial organization. You will save time and be able to devote more attention to the things at hand as a result of your efforts.
Landbank OFW Loan FAQs
1. What are the requirements for a Landbank loan?
If you want to be considered for a loan, you must carefully analyze the standards that the bank sets forth. Landbank’s packages will differ from one another in terms of needs due to the wide range of items available, but the following are the usual documents you must prepare:
- Application form
- Identity documents
- Income statement
- Employment certificate
- Registration certificate
On some product packages, the bank may require you to take a second eligibility assessment test in order to determine your eligibility for that package.
Visit their official website, navigate to the “Loan” area, select the right product package, and then review the bank’s detailed requirements for the most up-to-date information.
2. What other product does Landbank provide?
Additionally, the institution has just established a suite of electronic lending products, which include basic lending packages for farmers and fishermen, enterprises, and house loans, among other things.
Electronic Salary Loan is a new product that enables bankers, civil workers, school teachers, and other qualifying personnel to apply for and receive salary loans in a more convenient manner. Anyone who meets the requirements can receive their money in minutes!
Application for salary loans is made possible through the site, and clients may also check their account balances, view prior transactions, and be notified through SMS or email when it is time to make a repayment.
3. How long is the processing of a Lankbank loan?
According to the bank’s policies, it takes fifteen days on average to process an application form from a borrower. However, in certain situations, it takes longer than the typical time since there are some documents that are missing or things that need to be looked through again.
Because of this, please ensure that the documentation requested by the institution are accurate in order for your funds to be disbursed on time.
Application for a Landbank OFW loan product has been simplified and made quick and uncomplicated, allowing you to save both time and money.
Finding the finest loan and meeting the requirements for it might take a long time and be extremely difficult to do. Many folks are baffled as to where to begin. It is critical, however, that you obtain the loan that is appropriate for your needs and circumstances. Good thing there’s also the Landbank OFW Loan that you can look into as an option.
Personal loans from this financial organization can be utilized for a wide range of purposes, depending on their terms. They could be put to use to assist you in getting through the day.
A loan from Landbank can be used to finance the purchase of a home or the formation of a business company in the future. Qualifying for these types of loans is a basic process that takes little time as long as you meet all of the standards and are capable of making regular payments on your debts.
Loans from financial institutions such as banks and financial corporations are accessible in a wide range of forms and amounts. After you’ve completed reading this guide, you might be interested in finding out more about these people and their work.
Address: 32/F, LANDBANK Plaza 1598 M.H. del Pilar Dr. J. Quintos St. Malate, Manila
Telephone Number: (02) 8-405-7000 or 1-800-10-405-7000 (Domestic Toll Free)
Fax Number: (632) 8-528-8408
E-mail Address: email@example.com
Google Map Location