Filipinos in Dubai who need to renew their OWWA membership, you may go to the Philippine Overseas Labor Office located at the Philippine Consulate General in Al Qusais. Be advised that you need to schedule an appointment first before going to the office as there is a NO Appointment, NO Entry policy being implemented. Here we share the steps on how you can book an OWWA appointment in Dubai, as well as the process in paying for the OWWA membership.
The Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA) is an agency that protects the interests of overseas Filipino workers (OFWs) and their families. It falls under the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) of the government of the Philippines.
Funded by annual contributions from OFWs and their employers, OWWA provides social security, legal assistance, scholarships, and other services. Being a member entails certain benefits, which are helpful especially now that the world is facing a pandemic.
- Guide to OWWA Membership/Renewal in Dubai
- Requirements for OWWA Renewal Dubai
- Book OWWA Appointment in POLO Dubai
- Step by Step Process to Pay OWWA in POLO Dubai Office
- Certificate of Employment Sample
- List of Those NOT Qualified for OWWA Membership
- Video: OFW Shares Experience Renewing OWWA Membership in PCG Dubai
- How to Get There
- Contact Information
- Google Map Location
DISCLAIMER: The following guide is presented for general information-sharing purposes only. To know more about OWWA membership registration/renewal in Dubai, please visit the official website of the Philippine Overseas Labour Office (POLO) in Dubai.
Guide to OWWA Membership/Renewal in Dubai
Here in Dubai, OWWA membership, renewal, and related concerns are coursed through the Philippine Overseas Labour Office (POLO). Recently, the agency has been assisting thousands of OFWs, particularly those who have been affected by the pandemic.
Among the services provided to our kababayans is DOLE’s Abot Kamay ang Pagtulong (AKAP), a one-time financial assistance of AED 730 given to those who have lost their jobs, had their salaries reduced, or those who’d been put under unpaid leave. Another is the Workers Assistance Program (WAP), which is given to COVID-19 survivors.
While most services are generally offered to all OFWs, keep in mind that there are some benefits that are available to active members of OWWA only.
Requirements for OWWA Renewal Dubai
Here’s a list of OWWA membership requirements in Dubai:
- Original Passport Page (2 copies)
- Valid UAE Visa Page (2 copies)
- MOHRE Contract (2 copies) – for contract verification
- Proof of employment (2 copies) – Certificate of Employment or Employment ID or UAE Labour Card
- OWWA Membership Fee – AED 92
Book OWWA Appointment in POLO Dubai
Before going to the POLO Dubai office, you need to schedule an appointment first. Take note that without a confirmed appointment, you cannot enter the office.
- Book for an appointment at http://www.polodubaiportal.org/appointments/. No confirmed appointment, no entry at the POLO office.
- Enter your personal details.
- Choose an available schedule from the calendar.
- Click Submit. You will receive an email with the confirmed appointment date. Print this out.
Step by Step Process to Pay OWWA in POLO Dubai Office
If you are an OFW in Dubai and you haven’t updated or renewed your OWWA membership yet, check out the following guidelines and steps on how to keep your OWWA account active. These are the steps during the day of the appointment.
- Bring a copy of your confirmed appointment. No appointment no entry.
- Bring your the required documents outlined above. Take note that the validity of your visa must be more than 90 days.
- Personal appearance is required. Go to the counter for contract verification and then payment of OWWA membership fee.
- Prepare membership fee of AED 92. There is also a fee if you need to verify your contract.
- Collect your receipt. You have successfully renewed your OWWA in Dubai!
Certificate of Employment Sample
You also need to present a certificate from your company/employer, stating that you are not included in the list of employees due for termination/terminated/cancelled/resigned (see below for sample certificate).
List of Those NOT Qualified for OWWA Membership
Take note that you are NOT qualified for OWWA membership if you are:
- For Termination
- For Cancellation
- No Work, No Pay
Please take note of all of these requirements/conditions before updating or renewing your OWWA membership. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to get in touch with POLO Dubai by calling them at +971 505585536, sending an email to email@example.com, or by visiting their official website.
Check out this video below which showcases an OFW who shared his experience and tutorial on the process of employment verification, getting an OWWA appointment, and then renewing the membership at the POLO-OWWA Dubai office in Al Qusais. Please be guided accordingly. Watch the clip here:
So there you have it. This is the process of how you can pay for your OWWA membership as an OFW based in Dubai and the Northern Emirates. Please don’t forget that you should keep your OWWA account active because there are numerous programs and benefits available for active members.
Especially during these times of crisis, it is good that we can get assistance like financial aid, scholarship grants, loan programs, and welfare assistance projects available to us. If you do not have an active account, you will not get the full insurance benefits from OWWA. Being a certified member of OWWA will allow us to take advantage of these projects.
How to Get There
To get to POLO Dubai office, you will need to take a metro and a taxi. Unless you have a private car, the cheapest way to travel to the OWWA office is through these 2 options only. Here are the steps below:
1. Take the Dubai Metro and exit at Al Qusais metro station (Green Line)
2. Hail a Taxi to take you to the POLO-Dubai office. The fare is AED 12 (minimum fare).
Opening Hours: 8am to 5pm – Sundays to Thursdays
Address: Street Number 2C, Beirut St., Al Qusais 3, Dubai, UAE
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/polodubaiandnorthernemirates/
POLO Dubai Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
OWWA Dubai Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
OWWA Dubai Hotline: +971 50 5585536
Google Map Location
Check out this map guide on how to get to the POLO Dubai office for OWWA renewal. The office is located at the PCG Dubai office: