To facilitate easy and smooth traffic and to ensure your safety this New Year’s Eve, please follow the following traffic plan laid out in the Downtown Dubai area.
Watch the video below for more information:
Audience will need to book their tickets before attending via UbyEmaar App.
All roads leading to Burj Khalifa will be closed on 31st December 2020 as per schedules:
- Al Asayel Road closed starting from 4pm (will only be open for buses and emergency vehicles.
- Mohammed bin Rashid Boulevard closed starting from 4pm
- Financial Centre Road Lower Deck closed starting from 4pm
- Financial Centre Road Upper Deck closed starting from 9pm
- Mustaqbel Road closed from Business Bay and Dubai World Trade Cener intersection starting from 6pm
- Al Sokouk Street closed starting from 8pm
- Jumeirah, Al Safa and Business Bay Water Canal elevators and Pedestrian Bridges will be closed
DUBAI METRO TRANSPORT CLOSURES
Burj Khalifa/Dubai Mall station closed from 5pm to 6am (next day)
In case you are using the metro, Burj Khalifa/Dubai Mall station closed from 5pm (December 31, 2020) to 6am (January 1, 2021)
During closure time, you can use Financial Centre Metro Station or Business Bay metro Station
To all @DubaiMetro users, Burj Khalifa/ Dubai Mall Metro Station will be closed from 5 PM on Thursday, December 31, 2020, until 6 AM on Friday, January 1, 2021. Please use the Financial Centre and Business Bay stations as an alternative to reach your destination. #MyDubaiNewYear pic.twitter.com/eVJXxQXyCk
— RTA (@rta_dubai) December 30, 2020
REMINDER FOR DRIVERS
If you are driving, please be cautious in pedestrian areas
and plan to start your trip as early as possible to avoid overcrowding.
Park your cark in 16,700 parking slots in Emaar area including The Dubai Mall and Zabeel Extension Parking
200 buses will be available to take you from the event area to locations where Metro Stations and Dubai Taxis are available
Shuttle Buses Locations
- Sheikh Zayed Road (next to Burj Khalifa/Dubai Mall metro station)
- The lower and upper deck of DIFC
- Burj Khalifa Road
- Business Bay metro station
When leaving the event area on foot, we advise you to use the pedestrian crossings at Sheikh Zayed Road near Burj Khalifa/Dubai Mall station
SAFETY AND SECURITY INSTRUCTIONS
To ensure the safety and security of everyone during the event, please follow these guidelines:
1. Use the public transportation to arrive at the surrounding area.
2. Do not park in the surrounding areas of the event especially Sheikh Zayed Road and Al Khail Street to ensure traffic safety and keep road open for emergency vehicles.
3. Adhere to wearing face masks at all times.
4. Maintain social distancing
5. Ensure to follow the information signs and abide by instructions of security staff.
6. Do not leave your belongings unattended.
7. In case of Emergency or First Aid help, proceed to one of the tents catered for this purpose.
Wishing everyone a happy new year!