Earlier this year, the UAE long-term visa came into effect, including the golden card permanent residency system. Notably, Indian business tycoon Yusuff Ali MA was the first person in the country to receive the much-desired gold card permanent residency permit.
Just recently, the UAE has made it easier to for people to apply for a long-term visa. There is now a website where residents and foreigners can begin the process of acquiring a “golden card” that would allow them to stay in the country and seek a bright future for their families.
Guide to Applying for a Long-term Golden Visa Online
First of all, what is a golden card? The more precise term would be Business Visa, which is part of the UAE’s Golden Visa system. It is based on the premise of a permanent residency, which can be renewed every five years as long as the visa holder meets certain conditions.
Current residents, as well as foreigners, can apply for a Business Visa — provided that they have entrepreneurial experience and have set up a business at some point in their lives.
Step-by-step Guide to Acquiring a Golden Visa
To apply for a Business Visa as part of the UAE’s Golden Visa system, follow these steps:
- Go to https://business.goldenvisa.ae/ and create a new account using your email.
- A four-digit code will be sent to your email. Use this to verify your account and log in.
- You will be taken to a dashboard where you can apply for nomination. Answer the questions, fill in all the required information, and submit your nomination.
- An authorized government incubator (i.e. AREA 2071 in Dubai and HUB71 in Abu Dhabi) will review your nomination. This process could take up to 30 days.
- If your nomination is successful, you will receive a link to upload the required documents and complete your visa application.
- The Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship will further review your application. This process could take an additional 30 days.
- Once your application has been verified and approved, you will receive your Business Visa.
NOTE: If your nomination is not approved, you can apply again after 90 days.
- If you are residing within the UAE, you will be given a temporary one-month visa, which will have to be converted into a residency permit during the application period.
- If you are residing outside the UAE, you will be given a six-month visa, which will allow you to enter the country and explore opportunities. Your temporary visa will have to be converted into a residency permit during the application period.
- The list of documents, application fees, and other requirements may be viewed on the official website of the Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship.
DISCLAIMER: The above guide is presented for information-sharing purposes only. To know more about how to apply for a Golden Visa, please visit https://business.goldenvisa.ae/.