Dubai Ports World is a world-class marine terminal operator with a strong footprint in the Middle East. If you are looking for a challenging and rewarding career in the maritime industry, Dubai Ports World is the perfect place for you. They offer excellent job opportunities and career development prospects for talented and ambitious professionals.
If you are interested in working for Dubai Ports World, please browse our current job vacancies below.
Dubai Ports World Career Opportunities
It should not be difficult to apply for job openings in DP World. The process of application is very simple. You can easily find the job openings on their website. All you need to do is to create an account and then upload your resume.
Once your resume is uploaded, you can search for jobs that match your qualifications and experience. You can also create a job alert so that you will be notified when a new job opening becomes available.
How to Apply for a Job in Dubai Ports World in the UAE
To apply for a job in Dubai Ports World in the UAE, you can go to the official website of the company at https://www.dpworld.com/careers. This site discusses everything about diversity, inclusion, the people they employ, and the roles unimagined.
You can view the current vacancies on this platform. Just choose the right position that matches your profession and skills.
Dubai Ports World History
Dubai Ports World is a famous logistics company located in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Its main services are cargo logistics, maritime services, port terminal operations, and free trade zones. The company was founded in 2005 when the Dubai Ports Authority and Dubai Ports International were merged.
Today, Dubai Ports World has 70 million containers brought by 70,000 vessels every year. About 10% of the global container traffic is made by the company through its 81 marine and inland terminals around the world.
Dubai Ports World was born out of the merger of Dubai Ports International and Dubai Ports Authority. Dubai Ports International (DPI) was established in 1999. It had its first project in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia with its local partner who did the management and operation of the South Container Terminal (SCT). DPI developed operations in Djibouti in 2000, India in 2002, and Romania in 2003.
DPI acquired CSX World Terminals in January 2005 and later in September 2005, DPI merged with the Dubai Ports Authority officially. Dubai Ports World grew vastly and in March 2006, the company acquired P&O, the fourth biggest ports operator in the world for £3.9 billion.
Facts & Figures
- Dubai Ports World was born in 2005 and a merge result of Dubai Ports Authority and Dubai Ports International.
- In 2006, the company was involved in the U.S. port security controversy.
- In 2007, Dubai Ports World was able to raise $3.25 billion in Islamic and conventional bond sales, which the proceeds were used to pay its debt and fund its expansion.
- In 2008, the company had 46.8 million TEU worldwide.
- In 2010, Dubai Ports World had its go-signal to construct the London Gateway port worth £1.5 billion. The port opened in the fourth quarter of 2013.
- Since 2010 until today, the company has been disposing of its assets, exiting markets it doesn’t belong to, and redeploying funds in other markets where it has a significant presence.
- DP World is a public company traded as DPW on NASDAQ Dubai.
- It is under the Maritime industry.
- Its products include ferries, logistic services, and port services.
- It has revenue and operating of US$8.5 billion and US$3.35 billion in 2018.
- It has total assets and total equity if US$26.51 billion and US$11.99 billion in 2018.
- It employs 50,000 employees.
List of developments under Dubai Ports World
Current terminals and new developments:
- DP World Hong Kong
- Terminal Petikemas Surabaya
- ATI Batangas
- Port of Manila – South Harbor (MNS)
- Pusan Newport Company
- Laem Chabang International Terminal (LCIT)
- Saigon Premier Container Terminal (SPCT)
- DP World Chennai
- DP World Cochin
- DP World Kulpi
- Mundra International Container Terminal MICT
- DP World Nhava
- Visakha Container Terminal
- Qingdao Qianwan Container Terminal
- Qingdao New Qianwan Container Terminal
- Qingdao Qianwan United Container Terminal
- Qingdao Qianwan United Advance Container Terminal
- Tianjin Orient Container Terminal
- Yantai International Container Terminal
- DP World Karachi
- Terminales Rio de la Plata
- Empresa Brasileira de Terminais Portuários (EMBRAPORT)
- DP World Vancouver – Stevedoring Division Vancouver Canada Non-Container Terminal
- DP World Vancouver – Container Division Vancouver Canada Container Terminal
- DP World Nanaimo Nanaimo Canada Container Terminal
- DP World Caucedo
- DP World Callao Callao Peru Container Terminal
- DP World Paramaribo Paramaribo Suriname Non-Container Terminal
- DP World Paramaribo Paramaribo Suriname Container Terminal
- DP World Brisbane Brisbane Australia Container Terminal
- DP World Fremantle Fremantle Australia Container Terminal
- DP World Melbourne Melbourne Australia Container Terminal
- DP World Sydney Sydney Australia Container Terminal
- DP World Djazair Algiers Algeria Container Terminal
- DP World Djen Djen Jijel Algeria Container Terminal
- Port Autonome International de Djibouti PAID
- Doraleh Container Terminal (DCT)
- Maputo Intermodal Container Deport (MICD)
- DP World Cargo Services Mozambique
- DP World Maputo
- DP World Dakar – Terminal à Conteneur
- DP World Cargo Services – Cape Town
- DP World Cargo Services – Durban
- DP World Cargo Services – Port Elizabeth
- DP World Cargo Services – Richards Bay
- DP World Dakar – Port du Futur Dakar
- Antwerp Gateway
- DP World Antwerp – Delwaide
- Beverdonk Container Terminal
- FOS 2xL
- Terminal de France
- Quai des Amériques
- Quai de l’Europe
- DP World Germersheim Germersheim
- Rotterdam World Gateway
- DP World Constanta
- DP World Tarragona
- DP World Yarimca
- DP World London Gateway
- DP World Southampton
- DP World Sokhna
- DP World Sokhna (new development)
- DP World Jeddah
- DP World Berbera
- DP World Prince Rupert Inc
- Al Hamriya Port
- Port Rashid
- DP World Jebel Ali – Terminal 1
- DP World Jebel Ali – Terminal 2
- DP World Jebel Ali – Terminal 3
- DP World Fujairah
What it means to work in Dubai Ports World
Here are some of the reviews of the employees who work and worked for Dubai Ports World:
Operation executive: Great organization
“Great Place to work, homely atmosphere, very good opportunity to gain knowledge, sacred place for getting salary. Flexible, progressive ambitious organization with ability to invest.”
Summer trainee – CFS Department: Fun
“It was a good and nice experience to work in DP world I worked with nice and kind Colleagues I had a hard time in the beginning because it was my first time at a job but I had a great time with my work it was easy and nice.”
Senior crane electrical technician: Productive and challenging
“Our plan and work schedule are well organized
We have a lots of heavy equipment in our port terminal its machine has differences control so we have to learned on how to do the preventive maintenance and troubleshooting of every equipment. Our management is doing the best for each employee to improve is job by giving training, seminar and certificate of appreciation.”
Document clerk: In UAE Best Company for any Background Employee
“Excellent rewards, Good Working Environment, Career Growth, great place to work
Good working conditions and safe procedures are followed.
Management and other staff members are very cooperative to the third parties and internal staff.
import and export in shipping
I learned how to work safely in shipping field
working place is in near marina
more hardest part of job is Sunday night shift
the most enjoyable part of the job is loading time”
Address: 5th Floor, JAFZA 17, Jebel Ali Free Zone, PO Box 17000, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Telephone Number: +971 4881 1110