Good Conduct Certificate No Longer a Requirement for Switching Jobs

Residents in the UAE who are planning to switch jobs, you can now breathe a sigh of relief! Based on the latest information from the General Directorate of Residence and Foreigners Affairs (GDRFA), you don’t need a Good Conduct Certificate if you are already in the country.

Through a notice issued to all Tasheel Service Centres, the GDRFA has announced that the certificate is no longer mandatory for those who are already in the UAE. If you are a resident who is planning to transfer to a new job, you do not need to submit a Good Conduct Certificate.

Residents who are already in the UAE don’t need to submit the certificate when switching jobs.

Residents Don’t Need to Submit Good Conduct Certificate

Starting February 4 this year, Cabinet Resolution No. (1/8) of 2017 came into effect. The resolution stated that foreign workers coming into the country should submit submit a Good Conduct Certificate, as part of the requirements for getting a work visa in the UAE.

The certificate, which is roughly equivalent to a police clearance or “no criminal record” — should be obtained from the applicant’s home country or country of residence for the last five years. Then, it should be attested by a UAE embassy or Customer Happiness Centre overseas.

The Good Conduct Certificate is an additional requirement to getting a work visa.

Just recently, the Ministry of Human Resources and Emiratisation (MoHRE) announced that Indonesian and Filipino domestic workers don’t need to submit the certificate just yet. The ministry has postponed the requirement for these groups of workers until June this year.

Applicants who are outside the UAE need to obtain and submit the certificate.

To ensure public safety, the UAE government requires the certificate from all incoming workers. If you are applying from outside the country, then this document is necessary. Meanwhile, to obtain the certificate, here is a guide for Filipinos and a guide for Indians who are currently in the UAE.

We're on YouTube!
Please subscribe to the Dubai OFW YouTube Channel for updates and tips!

Get FREE Dubai Updates by entering your email address:

Don't forget to check your email to activate your subscription!


WhatsApp Users Given Until February 8 to Accept New Policies or Lose Account Data

The UAE Telecommunications Regulatory Authority (TRA) on January 7 announced an important update regarding the use of instant messaging platform WhatsApp. Also Read: 5 Social Media...

GDRFA, Dubai Tourism Sign Deal to Offer Special Visas, Residency Permits

The General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs - Dubai and Department of Tourism and Commerce Marketing (Dubai Tourism) have recently signed a deal...

New Mosque That Can Accommodate 300 Worshippers Now Open

The Islamic Affairs and Charitable Activities Department (IACAD) in Dubai have announced the reopening of an old mosque in Hatta that has been rebuilt...

Brand Bazzaar UAE: Buy Cheap Branded Items in Dubai

Are you looking for a great place to shop on a budget? Check out Brand Bazzaar, where you can find popular fashion brands at...

City Centre Ajman

Have you ever been to Ajman? There are many places to see and things to do here, and one of them is to go...