Apple, the world’s most valuable company, is hiring in the UAE to handle its retail and business activities.
The iPhone maker is hiring in the United Arab Emirates for positions such as business and operations experts, technological professionals, extremely creative and brilliant professionals, and a variety of other positions. There are part-time and full-time positions available.
Apple Announces Job Vacancies in Retail and Business Operations in Abu Dhabi, Dubai
Apple has three stores in the UAE, one each in Dubai’s Mall of the Emirates and The Dubai Mall, and Abu Dhabi’s Yas Mall, the Khaleej Times reported.
Here is a list of the job openings and the requirements for each.
- Genius: Candidates should be problem-solving professionals who can provide quick solutions to customers’ technical issues. They should also be able to stick to a customer appointment schedule. Work hours will be determined by business needs, thus they must be flexible with their schedules.
- Expert: Candidates will act as experts, introducing people to Apple’s products and converting them into committed customers. Candidates must be able to quickly learn about new products and have demonstrated sales and technology solution experience – as well as provide excellent customer service. Strong interpersonal skills and schedule flexibility are additional criteria. Multilingual abilities are advantageous.
- Operations Expert: This position is open to anyone with the capacity to think rapidly, leadership capabilities, and good organizational capabilities. Candidates will communicate with the management and leadership teams on a regular basis, exchanging information on the progress of products and parts. Other duties include maintaining and meeting several inventory deadlines each week and ensuring that products travel safely through the stockroom. Multilingual abilities are advantageous.
- Business Expert: Knowledge of how businesses use technology, as well as the ability to facilitate business experiences through in-store briefings, workshops, and events, are essential qualifications for this position. Candidates will market Apple solutions, technology, and services to business customers as business specialists. They’ll spend time on the sales floor meeting new and existing business customers and learning about their requirements. Candidates should have at least one year of experience selling in the business sector when applying for the positions.
- Specialist: Candidates should have good time management abilities and great communication skills. Customers will be briefed about product diagnosis and possible solutions. It’s a benefit if you can communicate in more than one language.
- Technical Specialist: Candidates should be capable of identifying customers’ assistance needs and either providing solutions or referring them to other members of the team. They should be able to switch between different technical specialties and skill sets on a regular basis. It’s a benefit if you can communicate in more than one language.
- Creative: The ability to educate small groups and coach several customers at the same time is a must for this position. Candidates should be able to sell as well as assist other team members. They must be adaptable in their work schedules.
- Business Pro: Applicants must have at least 3-5 years of experience selling technology and business solutions or a similar position. Advanced Apple mobility experience and a basic understanding of important SMB businesses are also required.
- Business Development Manager: Candidates will be based in Dubai, but will report to the MEA SP&O community’s Africa Sales Head. There is a 12-month maternity cover for this position. Candidates based in Dubai or London are desired, however remote working arrangements may be discussed. Trade/channel marketing knowledge, financial planning experience, and good project management skills are among the other requirements for this position. It is advantageous to be fluent in French. Candidates should be able to travel bi-weekly throughout the Africa area.
Meanwhile, here are the job openings for Apple’s store in Yas Mall in Abu Dhabi:
- Business Pro: This position is available in Apple’s Abu Dhabi shop in the Yas Mall. Certificate to repair iOS devices, prior troubleshooting knowledge to diagnose symptoms and causes, and good communication skills are all necessary for this position.
- Genius: Candidates for this employment, which is also located at Yas Mall, must have good talents, a penchant for problem-solving, and great time management abilities. It’s a benefit if you can communicate in more than one language.
- Creative: Applicants for this position at the Yas Mall store must be able to teach small groups and train many customers at the same time.
Despite the economic challenges brought about by the ongoing pandemic, the UAE is slowly but steadily on its way to recovery and these job openings from one of the world’s biggest tech companies is an indication of what you residents can expect in the coming months in terms of jobs and the economy.