We’ve already shared about how Filipinos can renew their passports in Dubai. Today, we would like to share with our Indian readers how they can renew their passports while residing in the emirate.
The validity of Indian passports is 10 years for adults, and 5 years for minors (below 18 years old). In this article, we are going to discuss the renewal requirements for adult passport holders.
Guide to Renewing Your Indian Passport in Dubai
To renew your Indian passport, you’ll need to course your application through BLS International, a passport services agency with offices across the UAE. Nevertheless, it is the Consulate General of India who has the sole authority to accept or reject your application.
Before going to a BLS International Service Centre, make sure that you have the following documents ready:
- Filled-up Application Form
- Filled-up Personal Particulars Form (triplicate)
- Six (6) clear Photos (51mm x 51mm, w/ white background and dark dress)
- Current Passport w/ clear photocopy (including first, last, address page, valid UAE visa page, and other endorsement pages)
- Photo ID card copy w/ expiry details (e.g. Driver’s License, Emirates ID Card, Labour Card, Health Card)
For certain cases, you may need these additional requirements:
- Offer Letter attested by Chamber of Commerce where company is registered OR valid Employment Paper Visa in original and photocopy, Photo Testified Letter from company, and valid Trade License copy (for new employees)
- Sworn Affidavit attested by Consular Office (for change of appearance, e.g. wearing a turban to not wearing a turban)
- Request Letter addressed to Consulate General of India (for change of signature)
- Request Letter explaining reasons for late renewal (for passports expired more than 6 months to 1 year)
- Request Letter w/ explanation, Prior Approval from Consulate General of India, and Instruction Note from BLS International (for passports expired more than 1 year)
- Sponsorship Photo Testified Letter from company and valid Trade License copy (for expired passports of employees)
- Sponsor’s Photo Testified Letter and passport copy w/ valid UAE Visa Page (for expired photos of dependents)
- NOC and Sponsor’s Passport copy (for female applicants w/ “housewife” status whose sponsor’s name is not the same as husband’s name in passport)
NOTE: Once you have gathered all the requirements, be sure to submit your application in person to a BLS International Service Centre. You will need to affix your signature in the presence of a submission officer.
The fees for processing your passport are as follows:
- Adults (36-page booklet) — AED 285
- Adults (60-page booklet) — AED 380
- Tatkal Service (36-page booklet) — AED 855
- Tatkal Service (60-page booklet) — AED 950
- Service Charge — AED 9
- Indian Community Welfare Fund — AED 8
The estimated period for processing your passport is:
- Dubai Issued — minimum 5 working days
- Other Passport Issuing Authority — minimum 5 working days
- Tatkal Service — minimum 2 working days
BLS International Service Centre Timings
The office timings of BLS International Service Centres are from Saturday to Thursday, 8am to 8pm. Please take note that tokens will be issued only from 8am to 12 noon (morning), and from 1pm to 6:30pm (afternoon).
Location & Contact Information
Here are the locations and contact information of the BLS International Service Centres in Dubai:
Dubai (Premium Lounge)
Address: Unit 507, Habib Bank AG Zurich Al Jawarah Building, Bank Street, Bur Dubai (beside ADCB Bank)
Tel Nos.: 04 387 5777 / 04 2555530
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Address: Unit No. 105, Al Khaleej Centre (opposite Al Ain Centre), Mankhool Road, Bur Dubai (Visa Section)
Tel. Nos.: 04 387 5777 / 04 2555530
Address: Unit No. 118 -119, Mezzanine Floor, Al Khaleej Centre (opposite Al Ain Centre), Mankhool Road, Bur Dubai (Passport Section)
Telephone Nos.: 04 387 5777 / 04 2555530
Address: Shop No. 13, Ground Floor, Zeenah Building (same building as Budget Rent-a-Car, across from Deira City Centre P3 Parking), Deira, Dubai
Tel. Nos.: 04 387 5777 / 04 2555530
DISCLAIMER: The details presented above are for information-sharing purposes only. To learn more about renewing your Indian passport in Dubai, please visit the BLS International official website.
Through this article, we’ve talked about how you can renew your passport, even as you are living and working in Dubai. Meanwhile, if you are thinking about going to the United States or United Kingdom anytime soon, here’s how to apply for a US tourist visa or UK tourist visa from Dubai.