Traveling a distance of 253 km between Ras Al Khaimah and Abu Dhabi is no longer a daunting endeavor, thanks to the well-established bus connectivity that facilitates seamless travel for both residents and visitors. This convenient bus service not only bridges the gap between these two vibrant cities but also offers a comfortable and efficient mode of transportation and bus timings from Ras Al Khaimah to Abu Dhabi.
For those seeking to explore the beauty and culture of the UAE, the Ras Al Khaimah to Abu Dhabi bus timings provide an accessible and cost-effective way to embark on this captivating journey. Whether you’re a local or an international traveler, this bus route opens up a world of possibilities, allowing you to experience the charm of these two distinct destinations without the hassle of driving or navigating unfamiliar routes. Let’s get started.
- 1. Ras Al Khaimah Bus Station
- 2. Al Jubail Bus Terminal 3
- 3. Al Jubail Bus Terminal 1
- 4. Abu Dhabi Bus Station
- Bus Schedule and Timings
- Bus Fare and Other Features
- Other Transport Options
- Tips when Traveling Using Intercity Buses in the UAE
- Frequently Asked Questions
- 1. What is the distance between Ras Al Khaimah and Abu Dhabi?
- 2. How long does it take to travel by bus from Ras Al Khaimah to Abu Dhabi?
- 3. How frequent are the bus departures from Ras Al Khaimah to Abu Dhabi?
- 4. What is the cost of a bus ticket from Ras Al Khaimah to Abu Dhabi?
- 5. Are there any stops or landmarks along the route from Ras Al Khaimah to Abu Dhabi?
- 6. Is it recommended to check the bus schedule before traveling?
Visiting Abu Dhabi from Ras Al Khaimah is a journey that promises an array of enriching experiences. Beyond the convenience of the bus connection, Abu Dhabi’s allure lies in its diverse offerings.
This bustling city has evolved into a global hub for world-class sporting events, boasting the Abu Dhabi Golf Championship, the renowned Abu Dhabi Desert Challenge cross-country rally, and the exhilarating Formula One Abu Dhabi Grand Prix.
As you traverse from Ras Al Khaimah, you’ll find yourself immersed in a world of culture and art, with the city hosting a remarkable concentration of premier cultural institutions.
The grandeur of the Sheikh Zayed National Museum, the artistic marvels of the Guggenheim Abu Dhabi, and the timeless beauty of the Louvre Abu Dhabi await your exploration. Additionally, Abu Dhabi’s natural wonders are captivating.
From the captivating expanse of the Liwa oasis with its majestic sand dunes to the charming garden city of Al Ain nestled at the foothills of Jebel Hafeet, you’ll discover a tapestry of heritage sites and natural splendors that beckon you to delve deeper into the heart of this captivating emirate.
Here is a map of the route taken by buses plying between Ras Al Khaimah and Abu Dhabi. The trip requires only 1 bus transfer, and takes approximately 6 hours and 8 mins.
1. Ras Al Khaimah Bus Station
Address: Ras Al Khaimah Bus Station, Al Dhait South, Ras Al Khaimah, UAE.
Notable Landmarks: The bus station is located in Al Dhait South, a bustling area in Ras Al Khaimah. Nearby landmarks include Al Dhait Roundabout and Al Qasimi Corniche, providing a beautiful view of the sea. It’s also conveniently situated close to several hotels and shopping centers.
>> Take Bus 115
>> Get off at the next stop
2. Al Jubail Bus Terminal 3
Address: Al Jubail Bus Terminal 3, Al Jubail, Sharjah, UAE.
Notable Landmarks: Al Jubail Bus Terminal 3 is situated in the heart of Al Jubail, Sharjah. Nearby landmarks include Al Jubail Fish Market and Al Jubail Souq, both of which offer a glimpse into the local culture and commerce. The terminal’s strategic location provides easy access to various shops and eateries.
3. Al Jubail Bus Terminal 1
Address: Al Jubail Bus Terminal 1, Al Jubail, Sharjah, UAE.
Notable Landmarks: Al Jubail Bus Terminal 1 is another prominent stop in Al Jubail, Sharjah. Nearby landmarks include the Sharjah Heritage Museum, where you can delve into the rich history of the region. Additionally, the terminal is close to Jubail Souq Park, offering a serene spot to relax and enjoy the surroundings.
>> Take Bus 117
4. Abu Dhabi Bus Station
Address: Abu Dhabi Bus Station, Al Wahda, Abu Dhabi, UAE.
Notable Landmarks: The Abu Dhabi Bus Station is located in the bustling Al Wahda district of Abu Dhabi. Notable landmarks in the vicinity include the Al Wahda Mall, a massive shopping center that offers an array of shopping and dining options. The bus station’s central location ensures easy access to various attractions, making it a convenient starting point for exploring the city.
Bus Schedule and Timings
Monday – Sunday:
- Starts: 06:00 AM
- Ends: 11:00 PM
Between 6:00 AM to 8:00 AM:
- The bus runs at an interval of every 60 minutes.
Between 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM:
- The bus runs at an interval of every 45 minutes.
Between 8:00 PM to 11:00 PM:
- The bus runs at an interval of every 60 minutes.
Timings: The journey starts early to accommodate early risers and travelers with specific schedules. The first bus from Sharjah to Abu Dhabi departs at 03:45 am, ensuring you can kickstart your day of exploration bright and early.
If you’re planning a full day of activities, rest assured that bus 117 continues its service until 08:00 pm, giving you ample time to enjoy your visit.
Keep in mind that the frequency of buses may vary during the day, with intervals typically ranging from 30 to 45 minutes. This variation ensures flexibility and convenience for travelers, adapting to the demands of different times.
Travel Duration: While the estimated travel time from Sharjah to Abu Dhabi is around two-and-a-half hours, it’s essential to consider potential variations.
During peak traffic hours, the journey might take a bit longer due to increased congestion.
To optimize your experience, we recommend embarking on your journey during non-peak traffic hours.
This strategic choice not only helps you avoid traffic-related delays but also provides a more comfortable and relaxed travel experience.
Planning and Resources: To plan your trip effectively, access the Sharjah to Abu Dhabi bus timings and schedules through the official website of the Sharjah Roads & Transport Authority.
This reliable source of information ensures you have accurate and up-to-date details about bus timings, ensuring a seamless travel experience.
Connecting to Dubai: If you’re eager to explore Dubai as part of your journey, note that bus 117 doesn’t have a designated stop within the city.
However, you can easily reach Dubai by taking the Abu Dhabi to Dubai bus, opening up additional opportunities for exploration and discovery.
Bus Fare and Other Features
Fare and Ticket Price: One of the most attractive features of Bus 115 is its affordability. A one-way ticket price for this route is just 27 AED, making it an economical choice for your travel needs.
Comfort and Convenience: All the inter-city buses operated by SRTA, including Bus 115, are meticulously maintained to ensure a smooth and comfortable ride. As you step aboard, you’ll immediately notice the welcoming air-conditioned environment, providing respite from the outdoor elements. Whether you’re commuting or embarking on a leisurely journey, the comfortable seating and temperature control ensure a pleasant ride throughout.
Modern Amenities: Bus 115 is designed to cater to the needs of modern travelers. The bus is fully-equipped with state-of-the-art facilities to make your journey enjoyable. Stay entertained during your ride with TV screens that provide a range of content for your viewing pleasure.
Inclusivity and Comfort: SRTA understands the importance of providing an inclusive travel experience. Bus 115 features dedicated spaces for families, ladies, and People of Determination (individuals with disabilities). This thoughtful design ensures that all passengers can travel comfortably and safely, making it a family-friendly and accessible option for everyone.
Convenient Route: Bus 115 connects Sharjah and Ras Al Khaimah, providing a seamless link between these two vibrant cities. Whether you’re commuting for work, exploring new destinations, or visiting friends and family, this bus service offers a convenient and hassle-free way to reach your destination.
Fare and Ticketing: The bus fare for the journey from Sharjah to Abu Dhabi on bus 117 is AED 33. This affordable fare makes bus travel an attractive and cost-effective option for commuters and travelers alike.
Unlike some other bus services, passengers don’t require a specific bus card to board this route.
Regular tickets can be conveniently purchased from the ticket booths at the station before embarking on the journey.
Comfortable MCV600 Mercedes Buses:
- MCV600 Mercedes buses are exclusively used for the Bus 117 route.
- These buses are not only reliable but also promise a comfortable ride.
- Fully air-conditioned interiors ensure a pleasant journey regardless of the outside temperature.
- Moreover, the buses are equipped with TV screens to keep you entertained throughout your journey.
Segregated Sections for Enhanced Convenience:
- Bus 117 caters to a diverse set of passengers, and it shows in its thoughtful design.
- The buses have segregated sections to ensure the comfort and safety of all passengers.
- Families, women, and commuters with special needs have dedicated areas that provide a secure and pleasant travel experience.
Entertainment and Restful Journey:
- Despite the length of the journey, the comfort of the vehicles ensures a relaxing experience.
- Feel free to unwind and keep yourself entertained with the onboard TV screens, or take a well-deserved nap in the cozy seats.
- The journey may be long, but the bus is designed to keep you at ease throughout.
Customer Queries and Complaints:
- Should you have any questions, concerns, or feedback about your journey on Bus 115, the Sharjah government has provided a direct channel for communication.
- Feel free to send an email to email@example.com with your queries or complaints.
- As the Sharjah government operates the bus service, all customer feedback is given due consideration to enhance the overall travel experience.
Other Transport Options
- Bus via Al Karama (Approx. 5h 3m):
- Start by taking the bus from Abu Dhabi, Central Bus Station 1 to Max Metro Bus Stop Landside E100.
- Proceed by taking the bus from Dubai Union Bus Station to Ras Al Khaimah.
- Estimated Fare Range: AED 94 – AED 120.
- This option offers a longer travel time but allows you to experience the route through Al Karama in Dubai. It’s a budget-friendly choice for those who want to enjoy the journey.
- Bus via Jebel Ali (Approx. 5h 27m):
- Begin by taking the bus from Abu Dhabi, Central Bus Station 1 to Ibn Battuta Bus Station 8 E101.
- Continue by taking the bus from Dubai Union Bus Station to Ras Al Khaimah.
- Estimated Fare Range: AED 95 – AED 123.
- This option takes you through Jebel Ali, a thriving area in Dubai. It’s an excellent choice if you’re interested in exploring different parts of the city while traveling.
- Taxi (Approx. 2h 17m):
- Opt for a taxi ride directly from Abu Dhabi to Ras Al Khaimah (Station).
- Distance: Approximately 244.3 km.
- Estimated Fare Range: AED 410 – AED 490.
- The taxi option provides a faster journey and is especially convenient if you value privacy and comfort during your travel.
- Drive (Approx. 2h 17m):
- Drive your own vehicle from Abu Dhabi to Ras Al Khaimah (Station).
- Distance: Approximately 244.3 km.
- Estimated Cost Range (fuel and tolls): AED 95 – AED 150.
- This option allows you to have complete control over your journey and lets you explore at your own pace.
Tips when Traveling Using Intercity Buses in the UAE
- Plan Ahead: Before you embark on your journey, research the bus routes, schedules, and fares. Knowing the departure and arrival times will help you plan your day effectively and avoid any last-minute rush.
- Check the Schedule: Intercity bus schedules can vary based on the day of the week and the time of day. Be sure to check the schedule in advance to ensure you’re aware of the available departure options.
- Arrive Early: Arrive at the bus station a little earlier than the departure time. This allows you to secure your seat and ensure a hassle-free boarding process.
- Have Cash Ready: While some bus stations may accept card payments, it’s advisable to carry cash as well. This ensures that you’re prepared for any payment method and can buy your ticket without any issues.
- Respect the Queue: Bus stations can get busy, especially during peak hours. Respect the queue and wait your turn when boarding the bus.
- Stay Hydrated and Snack Up: Bring a bottle of water and some light snacks, especially if you’re on a longer journey. Staying hydrated and having a small snack can make the journey more comfortable.
- Keep Essentials Handy: Carry essential items such as identification, a copy of your ticket, a mobile charger, and any medications you might need during the journey.
- Follow Local Customs: Respect local customs and traditions when traveling in the UAE. Dress modestly and be mindful of your behavior to ensure a positive experience.
- Enjoy the Views: The intercity bus routes in the UAE offer stunning vistas of the country’s landscapes. Sit back, relax, and enjoy the scenery as you travel between cities.
- Stay Informed: Stay updated about any changes in schedules or routes. You can use official websites, apps, or inquire at the bus station for the latest information.
- Keep Noise Levels Low: While traveling, be considerate of your fellow passengers and keep noise levels to a minimum. This helps maintain a peaceful and comfortable atmosphere on the bus.
- Be Patient: Traffic and unexpected delays can happen. Maintain a patient attitude and understand that delays are sometimes beyond anyone’s control.
- Respect the Environment: Dispose of your trash properly and help keep the bus clean. Let’s all do our part to preserve the cleanliness of our shared spaces.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the distance between Ras Al Khaimah and Abu Dhabi?
The distance between Ras Al Khaimah and Abu Dhabi is approximately 253 kilometers.
2. How long does it take to travel by bus from Ras Al Khaimah to Abu Dhabi?
The travel time by bus from Ras Al Khaimah to Abu Dhabi can vary depending on factors such as traffic and the specific route taken. On average, the journey takes around 6 hours.
3. How frequent are the bus departures from Ras Al Khaimah to Abu Dhabi?
Bus departures are usually scheduled at regular intervals throughout the day. Buses typically depart every 30 to 60 minutes, offering passengers flexibility in choosing a convenient time for their journey.
4. What is the cost of a bus ticket from Ras Al Khaimah to Abu Dhabi?
The cost of a bus ticket from Ras Al Khaimah to Abu Dhabi may vary based on factors like the type of bus service and any special offers. Generally, the fare is reasonably priced, making bus travel an economical choice.
5. Are there any stops or landmarks along the route from Ras Al Khaimah to Abu Dhabi?
Yes, there are several stops and landmarks along the route, including Al Jubail Bus Terminal 3 and Al Jubail Bus Terminal 1 in Sharjah. These stops provide passengers with opportunities to rest, stretch, and explore.
6. Is it recommended to check the bus schedule before traveling?
Absolutely, it’s advisable to check the bus schedule before traveling. Schedules can vary, and it’s important to be aware of the departure times to plan your journey effectively and avoid any inconvenience.
In conclusion, the bus services from Ras Al Khaimah to Abu Dhabi not only eradicate the perceived challenges of distance but also present a convenient and comfortable means of travel, all within the context of well-structured bus timings.
For those with an appetite for exploring the UAE’s cultural richness and scenic allure, the Ras Al Khaimah to Abu Dhabi bus timings emerges as an accessible and economical option to embark on this captivating voyage.
Whether you’re a local resident or an international traveler, this bus route is a gateway to boundless opportunities, granting you access to the enchantment of these distinct destinations without the complexities of navigating unfamiliar roads or driving.
READ NEXT: 12 Things to Do in Abu Dhabi