Are you tired of being tied down to a single employer in the UAE? Do you dream of the freedom to switch jobs and explore new career opportunities without the fear of losing your residency status? If so, then you might want to consider applying for the UAE Green Visa.
This revolutionary new program allows skilled workers to obtain a five-year residency visa without needing a specific employer sponsor. Unlike the traditional work visa, the Green Visa allows for greater flexibility and autonomy in the job market, opening up a world of career advancement and personal growth possibilities. If this interests you, keep reading to learn more about the Green Visa and how it can help you achieve a better life in the UAE.
- How to Apply
- Video: New UAE Green Visa – An Awesome Opportunity to Relocate to UAE
- Frequently Asked Questions
- 1. What is the UAE Green Visa?
- 2. Who is eligible for the UAE Green Visa?
- 3. What are the benefits of the UAE Green Visa?
- 4. How do I apply for the UAE Green Visa?
- 5. How much does the UAE Green Visa cost?
- 6. How long does it take to process the UAE Green Visa application?
- 7. Is it possible to extend the validity of my UAE Green Visa?
- 8. Can I work for any company in the UAE with the UAE Green Visa?
- Final Thoughts
Many skilled workers in the UAE face a major challenge regarding career advancement due to the country’s work visa system. This is because they are tied to one employer for a long time, making it hard for them to find new jobs or take on new opportunities. The UAE Green Visa will change this situation.
The UAE’s new Green Visa allows highly skilled individuals and entrepreneurs to sponsor themselves for a residency permit instead of working with a specific company in the country. This new system provides them with an opportunity to develop their personal and professional lives.
The UAE Green Visa 2023 offers a range of benefits for highly skilled workers, investors, entrepreneurs, and top students and graduates looking to relocate to the UAE. Here are some of the key advantages:
- Attracts top talent: The Green Visa is designed to attract exceptional talents and skilled workers from all over the world, helping to bolster the UAE’s reputation as a hub for innovation and entrepreneurship.
- Promotes economic growth: By bringing in highly skilled workers, the Green Visa is expected to contribute to economic growth in the UAE, creating new jobs and boosting productivity.
- Flexible residency options: The Green Visa allows for greater flexibility in residency options, with a five-year validity period and the ability to switch jobs without having to obtain a new visa.
- No employer sponsor required: Unlike the traditional work visa, the Green Visa does not require workers to have a specific employer sponsor in the UAE, offering greater autonomy and freedom in the job market.
- New types of entry and residence permits: In addition to the Green Visa, the UAE has introduced new types of entry and residence permits, including expanded Golden Visa categories, to attract and retain global talent and skilled workers.
- Longer grace periods: The Green Visa offers longer grace periods of up to six months to stay in the country after the residence permit is cancelled or expired, making it easier for families to relocate and settle in the UAE.
- Simplified requirements: The requirements for all residence types have been simplified and streamlined, making it easier for eligible individuals to obtain their Green Visa and start their new life in the UAE.
The Green Visa 2023 represents a major step forward in the country’s efforts to attract and retain top talent from around the world. With its flexible residency options, simplified requirements, and focus on innovation and entrepreneurship, the Green Visa is sure to appeal to a wide range of highly skilled workers, investors, entrepreneurs, and students looking to take their career to the next level.
The Green Visa is an exciting development for those looking to work and live in the UAE. This new residency visa category has been launched to facilitate the expansion of self-residency status for investors, entrepreneurs, highly qualified people, top students, graduates, and freelancers who aspire to work and live in the UAE. Here are the details of who is eligible for the Green Visa in UAE:
Green residence for skilled employees:
- The Green residence for skilled employees provides a 5-year residency period for skilled employees without a sponsor or employer.
- Applicants should have a valid employment contract and be classified in the first, second or third occupational level per the Ministry of Human Resources and Emiratisation.
- The minimum educational level must be a bachelor’s degree or equivalent, and the applicant’s salary should not be less than AED 15,000 (USD 4,083.74).
- Skilled professionals (third level in the Ministry of Human Resources and Emiratisation classification) are eligible for a 90-day extended grace period after the expiry of the Green residence.
Green residence for freelancing and self-employment:
- The new Green residence for freelancing and self-employment provides a 5-year residency for freelancers and self-employed individuals without requiring a sponsor or employer in the UAE.
- Applicants must obtain a freelance/self-employment permit from the Ministry of Human Resources and Emiratisation and have a minimum educational qualification with a bachelor’s degree or specialized diploma.
- Applicants must have an annual income from self-employment for the previous two years of AED 360,000 (USD 98,009.86) or be able to prove their financial solvency throughout their stay in the country.
Green residence for investor or partner:
- The Green residence for investors or partners provides 5 years of residency for investors establishing or participating in commercial activities. The validity under this category has been increased from the previous 2 years to 5 years now.
- Applicants must have approval of the investment and proof of investment of 1 million AED.
- In case the investor (partner) has more than one license, the total invested capital will be calculated.
- Approval of the competent local authorities is mandatory.
New benefits for family members:
- The new system provides more benefits to family members. Residents can now easily bring their family members, including spouses and children to the UAE.
- The grace period to exit the UAE after a residency visa cancellation has been extended to 6 months for Green visa holders and their family members.
- The age of children has now been raised to 25 years, and unmarried daughters have no age limit.
- Children of determination are granted a residence permit, regardless of their age.
- The Green Residence holder is allowed to bring his first-degree relatives, and in all cases, the residency of family members shall be the same duration as the original residence holder.
Obtaining a Green Visa comes at a cost of AED 2,280 for an individual applicant. However, it is important to note that this fee only covers the visa issuance fee and does not include other associated costs, such as ID card and medical fees. The ID card fee, which is mandatory for all visa holders, is around AED 575, while the medical fee, which is also mandatory, costs around AED 320 for normal services.
It is essential to remember that the mentioned Green Visa cost is only for an individual applicant. The total cost of the visa may vary depending on the number of dependents the applicant sponsors. For example, if the applicant sponsors their spouse and children, the total cost would increase as the visa issuance fees, ID card fees, and medical fees would have to be paid for each dependent.
It is advisable to consider the total cost of the visa, including associated fees, before applying for the Green Visa. It is also important to note that the fees are subject to change and may vary based on the current regulations set by the authorities.
How to Apply
If you’re looking to apply for a Green Visa in Dubai, these are the steps you should follow:
- Go to the official website of the General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs (GDRFA).
- Access the ‘Services’ tab, then click on ‘Entry Permits’.
- Choose ‘Entry Permit Services’ where you will find the ‘New Entry Permit for Green Residence’ option. Select this one.
- Select the appropriate work category for your application.
- Click ‘Start service’ for you to log in using your GDRFA credentials, UAE Pass details, or to open a fresh account.
- Once logged in, choose the ‘Green residence for’ option that applies to you (i.e. self-employed/freelancers, high-skilled employees, or investors).
- Fill out the form completely with the required details along with all the supporting documents required. Note that this will vary based on the applicant’s work category.
- Pay the visa application fee.
- Wait for the GDRFA to review your application and send you an SMS or email regarding its status.
- If you need to attach any missing documents, you will be notified and given 30 days to do so. Failing to provide the pending documents within the given timeframe will cancel your application.
- Once your application has been approved, the applicant will receive an email notification.
Video: New UAE Green Visa – An Awesome Opportunity to Relocate to UAE
The United Arab Emirates is constantly looking for new ways to attract more people to the country. One of these is the Green Visa.
The Emirates has introduced a new subclass of visas, which is part of its efforts to attract more people and boost growth.
The new Green Visas are designed to allow expatriates to work in the UAE without getting sponsored by an employer. It will also allow them to sponsor their children up to the age of 25 years.
According to Thani al-Zeyoudi, the Minister of Foreign Trade, the new Green Visas will allow individuals from different backgrounds to work and study in the UAE.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the UAE Green Visa?
The UAE Green Visa is a type of travel document that can be used for people from various countries. In 2021, the UAE introduced the Green Visa, which is a type of residency permit that allows skilled individuals and investors to work and live in the country for up to three years.
2. Who is eligible for the UAE Green Visa?
Individuals from different countries can apply for the UAE Green Visa. Individuals who are highly skilled and are looking to work in the United Arab Emirates can apply for the UAE Green Visa. The requirements for the program include meeting certain educational and salary requirements.
3. What are the benefits of the UAE Green Visa?
The advantages of the UAE Green Visa are numerous, such as long-term residency and the ability to sponsor a family member. It also allows individuals to own property in the country.
4. How do I apply for the UAE Green Visa?
The application procedure for the UAE Green Visa is very easy. You can apply for the UAE green visa by visiting the official website of the GDRFA. You will then need to provide all the necessary documents and submit an application.
5. How much does the UAE Green Visa cost?
The cost of the United Arab Emirates Green Visa is around AED 2,280. This, however, does not include the usual fees for medical services and the ID card fee. The total cost can vary depending on how many dependents are accompanying the holder.
6. How long does it take to process the UAE Green Visa application?
The processing time for the UAE Green Visa is usually around 2 to 3 months. Depending on the requirements of the applicant, the processing time for the Green Visa in the UAE can vary. However, the General Directorate of Foreigners Affairs (GFDA) aims to process all applications in 30 days.
7. Is it possible to extend the validity of my UAE Green Visa?
The validity of the UAE Green Visa may be extended by three years depending on the conditions.
8. Can I work for any company in the UAE with the UAE Green Visa?
No, the UAE Green Visa is only linked to the sponsoring company or organization. If you change jobs, you would need to get a new visa. However, a new law allows certain workers to get around this issue.
The Green Visa is a game-changing program that provides skilled workers with unprecedented freedom and flexibility in the job market. It is a unique opportunity for individuals who seek to build a successful career and pursue personal growth without being restricted by a single employer. Whether you are a high-skilled employee, investor, or self-employed freelancer, the UAE Green Visa can help you achieve your goals and aspirations.
With its five-year residency visa and no specific employer sponsor requirement, the Green Visa has already attracted thousands of talented professionals worldwide. So, if you are looking for a better life in the UAE, take advantage of this incredible opportunity and apply for the UAE Green Visa today!