After the Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship (FAIC) made the service available through electronic services, UAE residents no longer need to attend offices to obtain their residency permit.
According to FAIC, residence permits can now be obtained via their website and smartphone app. A description of how to obtain the service through the ICA website (ica.gov.ae) and the app “ICA UAE Smart” on the Google Play Store and the Apple App Store without visiting any of its centers.
Here’s How to Get a UAE Residence Permit on your Smartphone
For the residency permit, you must complete the following six steps, as outlined in the report by the Gulf Today:
STEP 1: Registration.
You can use one of the two digital channels to create a digital identity account or access e-services if you have previously registered.
Step 2: Submit an application.
On your chosen e-platform, simply pick the “Issuing a residence permit” service, supply the relevant information, verify and ensure the data you’ve submitted is correct.
Step 3: Pay the Fees.
Once you have submitted the form, the next step is the payment.
Here is the outline for the fees provided by the ICA on their website:
- Renewal of residence permit of investor or partner for each year add AED 100 250
- Renewal of residence permit to guarantee 100 universities and colleges
- Renewal of a residence permit for the category of auxiliary service workers for UAE nationals and GCC nationals
- Renewal of a residence permit for the category of auxiliary service workers for a resident sponsor 200
- Renewal of a residence permit for auxiliary service workers of a partner or investor 250
- Renewal of a residence permit for a person working in a government sector to be added 100 for each year 200
- Renewal of a residence permit for a person working in a private sector or free zone is added 100 dirhams for each year 200
- Renewal of a residence permit for family members of a sponsor working in a private sector or a free zone to be added 100 dirhams for each year 200
- Renewal of residence permit for family members of a sponsor working in a government sector, adding 100 dirhams for each year 200
- Renewal of a residence permit for family members of a sponsor of a citizen of the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC)
- Renew residence permit for family members of an investor or partner sponsor and add 100 for each year 250
- Renewal of residence permit for family members/children older than 18 years (male) 100
- Pay fines for every 25 days
- Pay fines after 6 months for every 50 days
- Pay fines after one year for every 100 days
- (Guarantee) Renewal of residence permit for family members of sponsor investor or partner 3000
- Urgent request 100
Step 4: Confirm your biometrics, if requested.
Step 5: Complete the procedures for issuing residency (Only for expat)
Step 6: Collect your new ID Emirates Post office.
On its website and electronic app, ICA also offers the service of producing a virtual work residence permit in five steps, beginning with logging in to the personal account or digital identity. Then he must choose the targeted service (Residence) and sub-service (A virtual work resident sponsor), as well as the kind of procedure (Residence issuance), and fill out the data, upload the attachments, revise the application, and ultimately pay the fees.
The ICA revised its electronic application and combined the identification, citizenship, and residency services into a single application, ICA UAE SMART, which is now available in electronic application shops.
The virtual permits are being issued months after the Cabinet approved the introduction of the region’s first virtual work residency permit.
Meanwhile, the authorities have transferred the Al Karama Happiness Centre, which was closed on July 1st, to the new headquarters at Al Ghazal Shopping Center, located on 2nd December Street in the Al Badaa region of Dubai, and is open from 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
READ NEXT: VIDEO: Tips on Getting a Family Residence Visa and Sponsorship in UAE