Looking for a job in the UAE but don’t know where to start? We’ve got the perfect list for you! Whether you’re a new graduate or in-between jobs, an Emirati or a foreign worker, this list will definitely come in handy as you brush up your resume and search for your dream job, here in the emirates!
There are government portals, private portals, and other means of looking for a UAE job online. Most of these are free to register, although you may have to pay extra for premium services in some of these platforms.
Looking for a Job in the UAE? Check Out These Employment Platforms Online
Below is a list of the most popular online portals available to those seeking job opportunities in the UAE.
Government Job Portals
While government job portals cater mostly to Emiratis, there are certain jobs that are open to citizens as well as foreign residents… you just have to know where to look!
Emirates Job Bank (EJB)
The Emirates Job Bank or EJB is an eGovernment portal where UAE nationals can apply directly for jobs in the government and private sectors. It was launched by His Highness Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Deputy Prime Minister of the UAE and Minister of Presidential Affairs, as part of the country’s “Emiratisation,” which prioritises the hiring of Emiratis in 160 target professions. It includes job openings with government entities, federal and local organisations, semi-government companies, national banks, and private sector entities.
Virtual Labour Market
The Virtual Labour Market is an electronic platform launched by the Ministry of Human Resources and Emiratisation (MoHRE). It allows job seekers, both inside and outside the country, to look for a job in the UAE. Applicants simply have to register their CVs, while companies post their job openings or vacancies.
Based on the submitted profiles of job seekers, the platform uses artificial intelligence (AI) to match applicants with job openings posted by UAE companies. At the same time, recruiting companies can search the website for job seekers that match their vacancy requirements. As you can see, it’s a win-win situation for both the job seeker and recruiting company, as it helps to save time and energy!
Aside from the Emirates Job Bank and Virtual Labour Market, here are several other government job portals that are based in the UAE:
- Abu Dhabi Government Job Portal
- Dubai Careers — Job portal of the Dubai Government
- Federal Government Job Portal – Employment platform launched by the Federal Authority for Government Human Resources
- Fujairah Government Job Portal
- Ras Al Khaimah Government Job Portal
- Recruitment Platform for People of Determination – launched by the Ministry of Community Development
- Tawteen Gate – Employment platform launched by MOHRE, for UAE nationals only
- ZHO – Job platform for people of determination in Abu Dhabi
Private Job Portals
When it comes to private job portals, here are some of the most popular platforms, not only in the UAE, but in the entire Gulf and Middle East region in general:
- Bayt – This is a platform touted as “the Middle East’s leading job site.”
- Laimoon – This is one of the fastest growing career channels in the Middle East.
- MonsterGulf – This online platform features lots of job opportunities in the UAE, Bahrain, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, and other nearby countries.
- NaukriGulf – This is considered as another fast-growing job platform in the region.
In the old days, people used to look for jobs in the classifieds section of daily newspapers. And while printed dailies are still available today, most of them also publish online editions that include job vacancies — together with real estate ads, vehicles for sale, and pretty much anything you can think of that can be sold through the Internet!
In addition to the classifieds section of your favourite newspaper, here are a couple of popular websites that feature classifieds in the UAE:
- Dubizzle – This is known as “the leading free classifieds website in the UAE,” where you can find jobs, properties, and various items for sale.
- Waseet – Also available in print version, this classifieds website features jobs, real estate for sale or rent, cars, and more!
Online Job Fairs
Have you ever attended a job fair? Well, there are online job fairs, too! These provide great opportunities for applicants — especially fresh graduates — to apply for job vacancies, and for participating companies to look for people that meet their career requirements.
Here are some of the online job fairs that you’ll find in the UAE:
- eFair – This is an online job fair in Abu Dhabi.
- Careers UAE – This is a website catering mostly to Emirati youth and fresh graduates.
- National Career Exhibition – This is another website featuring jobs and training opportunities for young Emiratis.
Professional Networking Websites
The great thing about professional networking websites is that it caters to the global community, where job seekers can search for their dream jobs from anywhere in the world. Perhaps the most popular professional networking website these days is LinkedIn, which operates similar to a social media network, except that it focuses more on career experiences and opportunities.
There are several recruitment agencies in the UAE where you can submit your CV. As soon as a job opportunity that matches your qualifications comes up, the agency will contact you and set up an interview between you and the employer. Before anything else, though, make sure that the recruitment agency is licensed by MoHRE. Otherwise, you might be dealing with an illegal recruiter… so be careful!
Looking for a job in the UAE may seem like a daunting task at first, but don’t worry! As long as you know your qualifications, and you’ve created a presentable resume, you will eventually find the job of your dreams! And just to give you more ideas, check out these jobs in Dubai and across the UAE, which we have gathered and posted here in our website.
DISCLAIMER: The above guide is presented for the purpose of information-sharing only. To learn more about where to find UAE jobs online, please visit the official website of the UAE Government Portal.