A statement released by the Ministry of Health and Prevention confirms that 4 members of a Chinese family have been infected with the new coronavirus in UAE. This virus has claimed over 132 lives and thousands of people across the global have been affected.
Also Read: 6 Tips to Avoid Novel Coronavirus
All family members have been under medical observation and are currently in stable condition. Below is a Tweet from the Ministry of Health and Prevention:
The general health situation is not a cause of conecrn
The first case of coronavirus was diagnosed in Chinese citizens from Wuhan city, China. Meanwhile, the health condition of those infected is stable and under medical observation. pic.twitter.com/1w7sGu1tIH
— وزارة الصحة ووقاية المجتمع الإماراتية – MOHAP UAE (@mohapuae) January 29, 2020
(WAM) A four-member Chinese family infected with new coronavirus is the first confirmed case in the UAE, the Ministry of Health and Prevention, MoHAP, revealed today.
The statement clarified that “all family members are in stable condition and the situation was contained by following the most necessary precautionary measures adopted globally when dealing with infected cases.”
The Ministry assured the public about the general health situation, emphasising that “it is not a cause for concern.”
It added, “We advise all citizens and residents to adhere to the general health guidelines.”
MoHAP confirmed that, in coordination with health and all concerned authorities in the country, it has taken “all the necessary precautions in accordance with the scientific recommendations, conditions and standards approved by the World Health Organisation.”
While the UAE is closely monitoring the situation and those who have been affected are categorized as stable and under medical observation, it is still best for us all to practice preventive measures to avoid the virus.
- Wash your hands regularly.
- Avoid contact with animals.
- Avoid people who have cough and cold symptoms.
- Always cover your mouth when coughing or sneezing.
- Drink lots of water.
- Make sure that food is cooked properly.
- Maintain good personal hygiene at all times.
- Consult a health facility if cough and cold symptoms persist (especially if you traveled from Wuhan, China).
Please be advised that if you have the following symptoms, make sure to seek advice from a doctor.
- Respiratory Symptoms
- Shortness of Breath
- Cough & Colds
- Difficulty in Breathing
- Daily Newspaper, The National, has shared an insight on what we know about the Wuhan Coronavirus, so far. It’s good to be informed of what’s happening and to take necessary precautions. Please watch the video below:
What is the coronavirus and how worried should we be? pic.twitter.com/fknWrTCtkm
— The National (@TheNationalUAE) January 29, 2020