Great news, shoppers! This year’s Dubai Summer Surprises (DSS) will take place from June 22 to August 4, 2018 in malls across the city. We can all look forward to six weeks of sales, promos, and exciting events!
The event is organised by the Dubai Festivals & Retail Establishment (DFRE), which falls under the Department of Tourism & Commerce Marketing (Dubai Tourism). Last year’s event was a huge success, and this year’s offering — the 21st edition — is bound to be bigger than ever!
Dubai Summer Surprises Kicks Off in June
Dubai Summer Surprises is a major part of the city’s Retail Calendar, which features mega sales, new season launches, retail-based festivals, and exclusive retail experiences. All of these events, as part of the retail sector, contribute towards enhancing the economy of Dubai.
“Dubai Summer Surprises is one of the most popular events of the Retail Calendar and we are excited to announce this year’s dates,” stated Ahmed Al Khaja, CEO of DFRE.
“Together with our partners across the emirate, we are putting the final touches to a jam-packed, six-week schedule of sales, retail promotions, and events that we know will make Dubai the ultimate summer destination,” he added. “We encourage residents to stick around for the summer and experience the full line-up of not-to-be-missed surprises we have in-store!”
What can we expect from this year’s event? Here are some highlights:
- 12-Hour Sale. Watch out for this opening day sale on 22nd June, from 12pm to 12am. Participating outlets in Majid Al Futtaim malls across Dubai will be offering 25% to 90% discounts, aside from exclusive offers and surprises.
- Deal of the Day (DOTD). Every day, from June 23 to August 1, there will be an incredible deal on an exclusive product at a specific retail outlet. The offer will be announced only 24 hours beforehand, so serious shoppers should follow updates if they don’t want to miss out!
- Weekend Destination. Every week, a different mall will be featured, offering exciting surprises and fun entertainment. In addition, shopping hours will be extended (up to 2am every Friday) at the participating mall for the weekend.
- Final Weekend Sale. From August 2 to 4, DSS will culminate in a smashing Final Weekend Sale. This would be your last chance to grab the best deals and enjoy the biggest price cuts!
Notably, the event will be held in coordination with the following partners:
- Al Futtaim Group (Dubai Festival City)
- Al Zarooni Group (Mercato)
- AW Rostamani Group
- Dubai Duty Free
- Emirates Airlines
- Majid Al Futtaim Properties
- Nakheel Malls (Ibn Battuta Mall, Dragon Mart 1 & 2)
- The Dubai Mall
We simply cannot wait for Dubai Summer Suprises to start! For more information about this event, check out the Visit Dubai website or follow @DSSsocial for updates. Meanwhile, here is a list of malls in Dubai, so that you can plan your shopping sprees and activities in advance!