With so many amazing places to see and things to do, Dubai is undoubtedly one of the world’s top destinations — for work, business, and tourism. If you have been thinking about coming to Dubai as a tourist, then now is definitely the best time to do it!
Of course, one of the things you have to consider before coming to Dubai is whether you’ll need a visa or not. Citizens from certain countries can travel visa free, while there are some who can get a visa on arrival. If you don’t belong to either category, then you will need to get a tourist visa for Dubai… or for the entire UAE, for that matter. Keep on reading to learn all about it!
- Guide to Getting a Dubai Tourist Visa for Filipinos
- Types of Dubai Tourist Visas
- Who Can Apply for Dubai Tourist Visa?
- Requirements to Apply for Tourist Visa
- What is Multiple Entry 5-Year Visa?
- Applying for Dubai Tourist Visa Through Airlines
- Applying for Dubai Tourist Visa Through Hotels and Agents
- Applying for Dubai Tourist Visa Through VFS Global
- How Much Does Dubai Tourist Visa Cost?
- How to Track Dubai Visa Application Online
- Video: Dubai Tourist Visa Tips and Requirements
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- 1. What is Dubai tourist visa?
- 2. What is Dubai free visa?
- 3. What is multiple entry 5-year visa?
- 4. How to apply for Dubai tourist visa through airlines?
- 5. How to apply for Dubai tourist visa through hotels and travel agents?
- 6. How to apply for Dubai tourist visa through VFS Global?
- 7. How long does it take to get a tourist visa for Dubai?
- 8. How much does a Dubai tourist visa Cost?
- 9. Can I track my Dubai visa application online?
- 10. What to do if my visa application is rejected?
- Contact Information: VFS Global Visa Application Center Manila
Guide to Getting a Dubai Tourist Visa for Filipinos
Some nationalities, such as those from GCC countries, do not need a visa to enter the UAE. Meanwhile, there are those who can get a visa upon arrival in the country. However, the Philippines is not one of those countries. In other words, Filipinos require a tourist visa to enter the UAE.
In this article, we will talk about the Dubai tourist visa, document requirements, costs, and the different ways in which you can apply for it.
Please note that UAE embassies do not issue tourist visas. To get a visa, you need to apply through: (a) UAE-based airlines; (b) UAE-based hotels; (c) licensed travel agencies or tour operators; or (d) a friend or relative who is residing in the UAE. These are the ones who will apply for a tourist visa on your behalf… at visa-issuing authorities in the country.
Types of Dubai Tourist Visas
As the name says, the tourist visa is issued to those who would like to enter the UAE for tourism or recreational purposes. With a tourist visa, you can enter Dubai, Abu Dhabi, or any other part of the country.
There are four types of tourist visas, as follows.
- Short-Term Tourist Visa (Single Entry) – valid for 30 days from date of entry;
- Short-Term Tourist Visa (Multiple Entry) – valid for 30 days from date of entry;
- Long-Term Tourist Visa (Single Entry) – valid for 90 days from date of entry; and
- Long-Term Tourist Visa (Multiple Entry) – valid for 90 days from date of entry.
As you can see, these visas differ based on the period of validity (30 or 90 days), and type of entry (single or multiple).
Who Can Apply for Dubai Tourist Visa?
Anyone can apply for a tourist visa to Dubai, although there are some exceptions. For instance, females who are below 18 years old cannot apply for a Dubai tourist visa unless they are travelling with their parents.
That being said, the UAE government is always keen on promoting the country as a prime tourist destination for visitors and families. In 2018, the UAE Cabinet passed a resolution stating that children below 18 years old, and are accompanying adults, can get a fee-free visa when travelling during summer (15 July to 15 September) every year. Sounds awesome!
Requirements to Apply for Tourist Visa
The requirements may vary slightly, depending on where you plan to apply for a tourist visa (i.e. airlines, hotel, travel agency, etc.). Nevertheless, the general document requirements are as follows:
- Recent passport-sized photograph with white background;
- Copy of passport (with at least 6 months validity);
- Copy of return flight ticket;
- Hotel or travel bookings; and
- Copy of sponsor’s Resident Visa and Emirates ID (if sponsored by relative or friend).
NOTE: Additional documents may be required, depending on where you apply. These documents may include: birth certificate of minors, bank statements, or invitation letter from relative or friend, if applicable.
What is Multiple Entry 5-Year Visa?
Aside from the tourist visas mentioned above, there’s another type of visa: the multiple entry, 5-year tourist visa. This visa enables a tourist to enter the UAE several times through self-sponsorship. He/She can stay in the country for up to 90 days on each visit, and may be extended for another 90 days.
To qualify for this type of visa, an applicant should have:
- Ticket to and from UAE;
- Proof of stay (hotel/residence) in UAE;
- Health insurance policy applicable in UAE; and
- Bank balance of 4,000 USD (or its its equivalent) during the last 6 months.
As for the required documents for the multiple entry 5-year tourist visa, an applicant needs to submit:
- Coloured photo;
- Copy of passport;
- Medical insurance;
- Tour program;
- Ticket for onward journey; and
- Bank statement with balance of 4,000 USD (or its equivalent).
Applying for Dubai Tourist Visa Through Airlines
As mentioned earlier, one of the ways in which you can apply for a Dubai tourist visa is through a UAE-based airline. Keep in mind that each airline has its own conditions for arranging your visa. Obviously, one condition is that you buy your flight tickets from them.
To know more about the requirements and steps offered by each airline, kindly check out these links:
- Etihad Airways Visa Services
- Emirates Airlines Visa Services
- Fly Dubai Visa Services
- Air Arabia Visa Services
Applying for Dubai Tourist Visa Through Hotels and Agents
Aside from airlines, you can also apply for a Dubai tourist visa through UAE-based hotels and travel agents. You can also contact travel agencies in the Philippines who offer tourist packages, in coordination with local tour operators in the UAE.
The great thing about applying through travel agents is that everything has been pre-arranged and paid for, so you don’t have to worry about all the details. That being said, be sure to contact only legitimate and licensed agents. Check out their websites and social media pages for reviews, or ask for recommendations from friends who have previously travelled to the UAE for their suggestions.
Applying for Dubai Tourist Visa Through VFS Global
Another method of getting a Dubai tourist visa is through VFS Global, a company that is trusted by the UAE Government to provide services to people who are applying for UAE visas. In particular the VFS Global Visa Application Centre in Manila caters to Filipinos who would like to travel to the UAE.
VFS Global’s services are offered to Philippine passport holders who are planning to visit Dubai, and will be traveling via Emirates Airlines. Here is a step-by-step guide to applying for a Dubai tourist visa through VFS Global:
- Download the visa application form from the VFS Global website.
- Fill out the form, print it, and bring it together with other required documents to the VFS Global Application Centre in Manila.
- Pay the visa application fee. Payment may be made via cash or credit card.
- Submit your application form and other required documents.
- Your visa will be delivered within 2 to 3 working days.
NOTE: Visa applications may be submitted by the applicant or by an authorised representative. Please note that the VFS Global Visa Application Centre in Manila is open every Monday to Friday, from 7:00 am to 4:00 pm.
How Much Does Dubai Tourist Visa Cost?
Speaking of visa application fees, the amount depends on the type of visa you are applying for. Based on the official website of the General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs – Dubai (GDRFA – Dubai), the visa fees are as follows:
- Short-Term Tourist Visa (Single Entry) – 250 AED
- Short-Term Tourist Visa (Multiple Entry) – 690 AED
- Long-Term Tourist Visa (Single Entry) – 600 AED
- Long-Term Tourist Visa (Multiple Entry) – 1740 AED
Please note that there are may be additional handling fees, depending on where you applied (e.g. airline, hotel, travel agent, etc.) for a tourist visa. You can always contact the airline, hotel, or travel agent directly to inquire about the fees.
How to Track Dubai Visa Application Online
Once you have applied for a tourist visa, you can track your application through the Dubai Visa Processing Centre (DVPC) official website. Simply enter your reference number (stated on the invoice or receipt issued by the Visa Application Centre) as well as your passport expiry date. Then, click “Submit” to see the status of your visa application. That’s it!
Video: Dubai Tourist Visa Tips and Requirements
The following video discusses the process for obtaining a Dubai tourist visa, wile providing some tips and requirements as well. The video is shared by Jia aij (@jiawanders) YouTube channel, which is published by a Filipina expat living in Dubai:
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Meanwhile, here are some frequently asked questions — and answers — about how to apply for a Dubai tourist visa for Filipinos:
1. What is Dubai tourist visa?
The tourist visa is a type of visa issued to those who would like to visit Dubai (or any other part of the UAE), but are not eligible for visa-free entry or visa on arrival.
2. What is Dubai free visa?
Based on a UAE Cabinet resolution passed in 2018, children below 18 years old who are accompanying adults can get a fee-free visa when they visit from 15 July to 15 September each year.
3. What is multiple entry 5-year visa?
This is a type of visa that allows tourists to enter the country several times through self-sponsorship. During each visit, they can stay in the UAE for 90 days, and may be extended for another 90 days.
4. How to apply for Dubai tourist visa through airlines?
You can apply for a tourist visa through UAE-based airlines such as Emirates Airlines, Etihad Airways, Fly Dubai, and Air Arabia. Be sure to follow their requirements, one of which is to fly with them to and from the UAE. Please check the official websites of each airline to know the latest steps and requirements.
5. How to apply for Dubai tourist visa through hotels and travel agents?
Another way to apply for a Dubai tourist visa is to get in touch with a licensed hotel or travel agent. Be sure to transact with legitimate agents and hotels only. You can contact the UAE Embassy in the Philippines to verify if a hotel or travel agent is legit.
6. How to apply for Dubai tourist visa through VFS Global?
VFS Global is a company trusted by the UAE Government to facilitate the processing of visas. Simply go to their official website, download the form, complete it, and submit it to the VFS Global Visa Application Centre in Manila.
7. How long does it take to get a tourist visa for Dubai?
It depends. At VFS Global Visa Application Center in Manila, the process usually takes 2 to 3 working days. On the other hand, if you are applying through an airline, hotel, or travel agent, the visa process could take a few days longer.
8. How much does a Dubai tourist visa Cost?
The cost depends on the type of visa being applied for. According to the official website of GDRFA – Dubai, the costs are as follows: (a) Short-Term Tourist Visa (Single Entry) – 250 AED; (b) Short-Term Tourist Visa (Multiple Entry) – 690 AED; (c) Long-Term Tourist Visa (Single Entry) – 600 AED; and (d) Long-Term Tourist Visa (Multiple Entry) – 1740 AED. Additional fees may apply when you submit an application through an airline, hotel, or travel agent.
9. Can I track my Dubai visa application online?
Yes. To know the status of your visa application, head to the Dubai Visa Processing Centre (DVPC) official website and enter the necessary details.
10. What to do if my visa application is rejected?
The decision to approve or reject an application is up to the UAE authorities. If your application has been rejected, you my try applying again using a different type of visa (e.g. visit visa).
Contact Information: VFS Global Visa Application Center Manila
As cited earlier, one of the ways to apply for a Dubai tourist visa is through the VFS Global Visa Application Center in Manila, whose address and location map are as follows:
Address: Mezzanine Floor, Unit M01 Ecoplaza Building, 2305 Chino Roces Ave. Extension, Makati City 1231, Philippines
Philippine passport holders need a visa to be able to enter Dubai. In particular, you need a tourist visa if you are coming to Dubai for leisure or tourism purposes. There are different ways to apply for a Dubai tourist visa, as the above article shows. We hope that this post has been helpful, and that you can get your Dubai visa soon!
To know more about the tourist visa, along with other types of visas in Dubai, please take time to read these common visa questions about Dubai.