Etihad Airways announces that they will operate a limited number of passenger flights Abu Dhabi to several selected destinations for this month. Like a few selected flights in Dubai’s Emirates airlines, these are also outbound repatriation flights and will be for the whole month of May 2020. Below is the list of destinations included in the passenger services:
Schedule of special flights. Subject to change.
- Abu Dhabi to Amsterdam: May 6, 9, 13, 16, 20, 23, 27, 30
- Abu Dhabi to Barcelona: May 7, 10, 14, 17, 21, 24, 28, 31
- Abu Dhabi to Brussels: May 1, 3, 8,10,15, 17, 22, 24, 29, 31
- Abu Dhabi to Dublin: May 1
- Abu Dhabi to Frankfurt: May 10, 17, 24, 31
- Abu Dhabi to Jakarta: May 7,14, 21, 28
- Abu Dhabi to Kuala Lumpur: May 2, 9, 16, 23, 30
- Abu Dhabi to London Heathrow: May 2, 6, 9,13, 16, 20, 23, 27, 30
- Abu Dhabi to Manila: May 1, 5, 7, 8, 12, 14, 15, 19, 21, 22, 26, 28, 29
- Abu Dhabi to Melbourne: May 1, 5, 8, 12,15, 19, 22, 26, 29
- Abu Dhabi to New York JFK: May 4
- Abu Dhabi to Seoul Incheon: May 2, 5, 7, 9, 12, 14, 16, 19, 21, 23, 26, 28, 30 May
- Abu Dhabi to Singapore: May 5, 12, 19, 26
- Abu Dhabi to Tokyo Narita: May 18, 21, 25, 28
- Abu Dhabi to Zurich: May 1, 3, 8, 10, 15, 17, 22, 24, 29, 31
Take note that the above flights are subject to change. These are meant to facilitate residents and visitors who wish to return to their home countries.
Limited Passenger Flights by Etihad Airways – May 2020
Etihad Airways has increased its number of limited/special flights from Abu Dhabi to several destinations globally. The airline company is constantly preparing itself for an eventual return to scheduled flights, subject to the lifting of current travel restrictions.
Based on the schedules above (subject to change), the airline has increased its frequency of flights to select destinations, including: Amsterdam, Barcelona, Brussels, Frankfurt, Jakarta, Kuala Lumpur, London Heathrow, Manila, Melbourne, Seoul Incheon, Singapore, Tokyo Narita, Zurich, and will also add flights to Dublin and New York JFK.
Flight Safety Precautions
To all passengers, please be advised to follow strict safety measures to protect yourself during your flight.
Etihad continues to follow all UAE and international government and regulatory authority directives, and has implemented an extensive sanitisation and customer wellbeing programme, to boost its already stringent procedures, and to ensure the highest standards of hygiene at every touch point of the guest journey, including social distancing in-flight.
The airline has also revised its meal service to ensure it upholds international COVID-19 health and hygiene requirements, while continuing to offer a high-quality inflight dining experience.
How to Book Special Repatriation Flights
These special flights from Abu Dhabi will be available for booking through etihad.com, the mobile app, by calling the Etihad Airways Contact Centre on +971 600 555 666 (UAE), or through a local or online travel agency. UAE nationals wishing to return back to the UAE should contact their local UAE embassy or consulate.
Below is a post on the official Twitter account of Etihad Airways about the special passenger flights:
In order to help travellers in the UAE return home, we will continue to conduct special passenger flights from Abu Dhabi to 15 destinations throughout the month of May.
— Etihad Airways (@etihad) April 30, 2020