If you are planning to pay your electricity or water bill anytime soon, consider paying it online, because you just might get 100 percent of your money back! Really, we’re not kidding!
As part of the “Week without Service Centres” initiative by the Department of Finance, the government of Dubai is offering customers the chance to win their money back if they pay online, Gulf News reported. This first-of-its-kind initiative runs from October 21 to 25, 2018.
Dubai Gov’t Holds “Money Back” Raffle for Smart Payments
The Week without Service Centres initiative aims to boost online payments among the residents of Dubai. Aside from this, the Department of Finance will be selecting lucky customers, who will get 100 percent of their online payment back. This is an added boost, indeed!
Here’s what you need to know about the electronic raffle:
- The Department of Finance is offering a generous cashback to customers who pay online.
- Online payments include transactions made using smartphones, tablets, and smart kiosks.
- Customers who pay their bills online from October 21 to 25, 2018 become part of the raffle.
- Lucky winners will be picked everyday of the week. They will get 100% of their money back!
- Daily limit for cashback is AED 200,000 — for a total of AED 1 million by the end of the week.
NOTE: Winning customers will be notified through SMS. The money paid will be returned to their account. It’s that simple!
List of Participating Agencies
More than 1,000 services offered by almost 40 Dubai government agencies are part of the Week without Service Centres initiative. Here is a list of participating as well as supporting entities, based on the Department of Finance website:
- Awqaf & Minor Affairs Foundation
- Bait Alkhair Society
- Community Development Authority
- Dar Alber Society
- Department of Economic Development
- Department of Finance
- Department of Tourism & Commerce Marketing
- Dubai Airports
- Dubai Cares
- Dubai Chamber
- Dubai Civil Aviation Authority
- Dubai Civil Defense
- Dubai Corporation for Ambulance Service
- Dubai Courts
- Dubai Culture & Arts
- Dubai Electricity & Water Authority
- Dubai Financial Market
- Dubai Health Authority
- Dubai Healthcare City Authority & Al Jalila Foundation
- Dubai Islamic Bank
- Dubai Judicial Institute
- Dubai Land Department
- Dubai Maritime City Authority
- Dubai Media Incorporated
- Dubai Municipality
- Dubai Police
- Dubai Public Prosecution
- Dubai Silicon Oasis
- Dubai Statistics Center
- General Directorate of Residency & Foreigners Affairs
- Hamdan Bin Mohammed Smart University
- Knowledge & Human Development Authority
- Legal Affairs Department
- Mohammed Bin Rashed Housing Est.
- Ports, Customs & Freezone Corporation – Customs
- Ports, Customs & Freezone Corporation – Tarakhees
- Roads & Transport Authority
- Smart Dubai
The Week without Service Centres initiative, along with the cashback raffle, runs until October 25 only. So what are you waiting for? Pay your government bills online, ASAP! Meanwhile, don’t forget to abide by the social media rules in the UAE, every time you go online.