UAE hotels are slowly inviting guests for staycations and hotel experiences after authorities have relaxed movement restrictions. This led to many residents booking hotel stays for that beach and resort getaways. Be advised though that everyone is still advised to stay home, but in case you have plans to book that staycation, particularly in the emirate of Ajman, be advised of the guidelines the hotels are implementing.
Also Read: 10 Best Luxury Desert Resorts in the UAE
Ajman Tourism Development Department (ATDD) has revealed hotel establishments’ precautionary guidelines as part of its continuous efforts to combat the virus and ensure highest safety measures to protect guests, visitors and hospitality workers in Ajman. Renowned for its heritage sites, captivating natural reserves and rich culture, Ajman is preparing to reopen key tourist destinations in the upcoming months.
Below are the main guidelines and policies:
- Not more than 30% of the capacity of other facilities in the hotel including restaurants, bars and cafes.
- Guests will have mandatory temperature checkups for every person enters the hotel,
- Hotels to allocate different doors for entry and exit,
- Place visible floor marks for social distancing with a minimum of 2 meters between visitors on queue areas such as reception & concierge,
- Place hand sanitizers & disinfectants at the entrance and other open facilities.
- Protection equipment such as masks and gloves need to be available in enough quantity for guests and employees.
- All hotels must allocate isolation rooms at all times that need to be disinfected after every use and have to disinfect and sanitize the premises on a weekly schedule to be shared with ATDD supervisors.
- Hotels must train their staff on how to deal with different situations such as cases being found or people having similar symptoms and escorting them to the isolation rooms until conducting proper tests.
- Hotels also have to maintain records for cleaning and disinfecting operations for 3 months.
- Reusable items are forbidden such as leaflets, magazines, newspapers, cups … etc.
- Salons to accept guests based on appointment bookings only.
Upon announcing ATDD precautionary measures for hotel establishments, HE Saleh Mohamed Al Geziry, ATDD Director General, said: “We are keen to maintain the highest health and safety measures to protect guests and visitors of Ajman. We are working closely with our partners in the hospitality and health sectors to overcome any difficulties during these challenging times, and will continue to promote Ajman as a leading tourist destination in the United Arab Emirates.”
Check out some hotel and resort stays in Ajman below: