to thgg tog toIf you’re planning to visit Al Ain from Dubai, you’ll be delighted to know that there are convenient and efficient bus services connecting these two vibrant cities. Whether you’re a tourist seeking to explore the rich cultural heritage of Al Ain or a resident looking for a weekend getaway, the Dubai to Al Ain bus timings provide a reliable and comfortable transportation option.
Discover the wonders of Al Ain’s lush oases, historic forts, and captivating landscapes without the hassle of driving as we guide you through the available bus timings, allowing you to make the most of your trip and experience the best that both Dubai and Al Ain have to offer. Read on to learn more.
- Dubai to Al Ain – E201 Bus Service
- Bus Route
- Bus Schedule and Timings
- Dubai to Al Ain Minibus
- Tips for a Comfortable Journey
- Bus Fare and Payment Options
- Frequently Asked Questions
- 1. What are the bus timings from Dubai to Al Ain?
- 2. How long does the bus journey take from Dubai to Al Ain?
- 3. Are there night buses available from Dubai to Al Ain?
- 4. Do I need to book tickets in advance for the bus journey?
- 5. What is the bus fare for the Dubai to Al Ain journey?
- 6. How can I top up my Nol Card for the bus journey?
- 7. Are the buses comfortable for the journey?
- 8. Are there any landmarks or attractions along the way from Dubai to Al Ain?
Dubai to Al Ain – E201 Bus Service
Referring to the Dubai to Al Ain bus timings now makes traveling easier with the introduction of the E201 bus service.
Previously, people had to take a longer route, starting from Al Jubail Bus Station in Sharjah and then transferring to a minibus for the rest of the journey, which took more than three hours.
But now, you can take a bus or minibus from Dubai’s Al Ghubaiba station, conveniently located in the Al Shindagha area, west of Dubai Creek.
To get to the station, you can either use the Dubai Metro or take a taxi, depending on your budget and preference.
The Al Ghubaiba station is just a short walk of under 5 minutes from the metro station.
The E201 bus service is a joint effort between the Department of Transport in Abu Dhabi and RTA Dubai.
It offers a direct and affordable transportation option for travelers and commuters between Al Ain and Dubai, making it a convenient choice for anyone looking to travel between the two emirates.
Additionally, you can explore the new Abu Dhabi electric buses to learn about other exciting transportation developments in the capital.
Here is the map of the route taken by the E201 bus from Dubai to Al Ain Bus Station in Al Ain City Centre, and vice versa.
The journey from Dubai to Al Ain is made possible by the E201 bus routes, which originate from Al Ghubaiba bus station in Dubai and end in Al Ain bus station. Here are the bus stops along this route:
1. Al Ghubaiba Bus Station
- Address: Al Ghubaiba Bus Station, Al Shindagha Area, Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
- Nearby Landmarks: Dubai Creek, Al Fahidi Historical Neighborhood, and Dubai Museum
2. Al Jafiliya Metro Station (north)
- Address: Al Jafiliya Metro Station, Dubai
- Nearby Landmarks: Al Jafiliya Metro Station is a prominent metro station in Dubai, located near Jumeirah and Sheikh Zayed Road.
3. Emirates NBD – Nad Al Sheba
- Address: Emirates NBD, Nad Al Sheba, Dubai
- Nearby Landmarks: This stop is close to the Nad Al Sheba Mall and Nad Al Sheba Racecourse.
- Address: Wasl, Dubai
- Nearby Landmarks: The Wasl stop is situated in the heart of Dubai, near attractions like City Walk and Box Park.
5. Wasl Club 1
- Address: Wasl Club, Dubai
- Nearby Landmarks: This stop is close to Zabeel Park and the Dubai Frame.
6. Al Faqa Station 1
- Address: Al Faqa Station, Dubai
- Nearby Landmarks: This stop is in the Al Faqa area, known for its picturesque desert landscapes.
7. Marmoom Dairy Farm 1
- Address: Marmoom Dairy Farm, Dubai
- Nearby Landmarks: The Marmoom Dairy Farm is a popular attraction in Dubai, known for its agricultural and farm experiences.
8. City Petrol Station 1
- Address: City Petrol Station, Dubai
- Nearby Landmarks: This stop is located along the highway and may have various facilities like convenience stores and cafes.
9. UAW University Mohammed bin Khalifa Street 1
- Address: UAW University, Mohammed bin Khalifa Street, Dubai
- Nearby Landmarks: This stop is close to Dubai Academic City and Dubai Silicon Oasis.
10. Sheikha Salama Mosque 1
- Address: Sheikha Salama Mosque, Dubai
- Nearby Landmarks: The Sheikha Salama Mosque is a significant religious landmark in Dubai.
11. Al Ain Station
- Address: Al Ain Central Bus Station, Al Ain
- Nearby Landmarks: The Al Ain Central Bus Station is a major transportation hub in the city, connecting various areas within Al Ain.
Bus Schedule and Timings
The bus service between Dubai and Al Ain is renowned for its efficiency and convenience, offering frequent departures throughout the day. Whether you’re an early riser or prefer traveling during the night, you’ll find suitable timings to suit your schedule.
- The bus service from Dubai to Al Ain starts as early as 5:40 AM, providing an excellent option for morning commuters and travelers.
- The last bus departs at 11:40 PM, catering to those who prefer traveling later in the evening.
- Throughout the day, buses operate at regular intervals, ensuring that you don’t have to wait for long before catching your ride.
- The frequent departures make it convenient for both tourists and residents to plan their trips efficiently.
- The journey from Dubai to Al Ain takes approximately one hour and 45 minutes. This travel time may vary depending on traffic conditions and other factors.
Dubai to Al Ain Minibus
If you are planning to travel from Dubai to Al Ain, the Al Ghazal minibusses provide a convenient and budget-friendly option. Here’s a guide to help you navigate the Dubai to Al Ain minibus route:
Minibus Departure Points
- Al Ghubaiba Bus Station: Look for the Al Ghazal minibusses departing from Al Ghubaiba bus station. These minibusses operate at regular intervals, leaving every 40 minutes. This central location offers easy access for travelers from various parts of Dubai.
- Bur Dubai Taxi Station: Alternatively, you can also find minibusses leaving from the taxi station in Bur Dubai. This option provides added flexibility for those located in or around the Bur Dubai area.
- The minibus service operates between Dubai and Al Ain from 5:40 AM until 11:40 PM, offering a wide range of departure times to suit different schedules.
- With minibusses leaving every 40 minutes from Al Ghubaiba bus station, you can plan your journey with ease and avoid long waiting times.
Minibus Journey Duration
- The journey from Dubai to Al Ain by minibus takes approximately one hour and 45 minutes. Keep in mind that travel times may vary depending on traffic conditions.
Minibus Ticket Cost
- The Dubai to Al Ain minibus ticket costs AED 20 for a one-way trip. This affordable fare makes it a cost-effective option for budget-conscious travelers.
Booking and Payment
- Unlike larger buses, minibusses usually do not require advance booking. You can simply arrive at the departure point and purchase your ticket on the spot.
- Payments for the minibus ticket can be made in cash or using a Nol Card, a contactless travel card widely accepted for public transportation in Dubai.
Comfort and Convenience
- Al Ghazal minibusses are designed for shorter journeys and provide a comfortable and efficient mode of transportation between Dubai and Al Ain.
- The minibusses are air-conditioned and offer comfortable seating, ensuring a pleasant travel experience.
Tips for a Comfortable Journey
While traveling from Dubai to Al Ain is relatively a short bus ride, there are some practical tips to ensure a comfortable and enjoyable journey:
- Plan Your Trip in Advance: To avoid last-minute hassles and secure your seat, it is advisable to plan your trip in advance. The bus service between Dubai and Al Ain is popular and may experience high demand, especially during peak travel seasons or holidays.
- Pack Essentials for the Journey: To make your travel experience more comfortable, pack essential items for the journey. Carry a small travel pillow and a blanket to stay cozy during the ride, especially if you plan to rest. Bring a refillable water bottle to stay hydrated throughout the trip, as it takes approximately one hour and 45 minutes to reach Al Ain. Additionally, consider bringing some light snacks to keep hunger at bay and avoid relying solely on the onboard refreshments.
- Dress Comfortably and Prepare for Weather Changes: As the journey from Dubai to Al Ain may take some time, dress in comfortable and breathable clothing to ensure ease during the ride. However, do consider the weather changes between Dubai and Al Ain. Dubai’s coastal climate might be different from Al Ain’s desert climate. It’s a good idea to check the weather forecast and carry a light jacket or scarf in case temperatures fluctuate during your journey.
- Be on Time for Minibus Departures: Since Al Ghazal minibusses operate at regular intervals, it is essential to be on time for the scheduled departures. Minibusses usually leave every 40 minutes from Al Ghubaiba bus station, and missing your designated departure time could result in a longer wait for the next minibus. Arriving a few minutes early ensures a smooth boarding process and helps you make the most of your travel time.
Bus Fare and Payment Options
- Bus Fare and Affordability
- The one-way bus ticket price from Dubai to Al Ain is AED 25, which is approximately £5.31, €6.2, or $6.81.
- Considering the distance and comfort provided, this fare is very reasonable, especially when compared to the cost of taking a taxi or renting a car for the same journey.
- Payment with Nol Card
- To pay for the bus fare, passengers can use a Nol Card, a contactless travel card that is widely used for public transportation in Dubai.
- The Nol Card can be easily purchased and topped up at Dubai Metro stations and Dubai Bus stations. It is a convenient and hassle-free method of payment for both bus and metro fares.
- How to Use the Nol Card
- When boarding the bus, simply tap your Nol Card on the reader, and the fare will be automatically deducted from your card balance.
- Similarly, when alighting from the bus, tap the card again on the reader to complete the payment process. This makes paying for your journey quick and effortless.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What are the bus timings from Dubai to Al Ain?
The bus service from Dubai to Al Ain operates from 5:40 AM until 11:40 PM. Buses depart at regular intervals throughout the day.
2. How long does the bus journey take from Dubai to Al Ain?
The bus journey from Dubai to Al Ain takes approximately one hour and 45 minutes, subject to traffic conditions.
3. Are there night buses available from Dubai to Al Ain?
Yes, the bus service from Dubai to Al Ain includes night buses that operate until 11:40 PM, providing convenient travel options for late-night travelers.
4. Do I need to book tickets in advance for the bus journey?
No, it is not possible to book tickets in advance for the E201 bus service from Dubai to Al Ain. However, buses are usually frequent, and advance booking is not necessary.
5. What is the bus fare for the Dubai to Al Ain journey?
The bus fare for a one-way trip from Dubai to Al Ain is AED 25. Passengers can pay using a Nol Card, a contactless travel card, at the time of boarding the bus.
6. How can I top up my Nol Card for the bus journey?
Nol Cards can be easily topped up at Dubai Metro stations and Dubai Bus stations. They can be used to pay for both bus and metro fares.
7. Are the buses comfortable for the journey?
Yes, the buses used for the Dubai to Al Ain route are equipped with comfortable seating arrangements, ensuring a pleasant and convenient travel experience.
8. Are there any landmarks or attractions along the way from Dubai to Al Ain?
The bus journey from Dubai to Al Ain offers scenic views of the landscape, including the desert and nearby landmarks. However, there are no scheduled stops at specific attractions along the way.
In conclusion, if you’re planning a trip from Dubai to Al Ain, the efficient and convenient bus services between these two cities offer a delightful travel experience.
Whether you’re a tourist eager to explore Al Ain’s cultural heritage or a resident seeking a relaxing weekend getaway, the Dubai to Al Ain bus timings ensure a reliable and comfortable journey.
With the freedom of not having to drive, you can fully immerse yourself in the wonders of Al Ain’s lush oases, historic forts, and captivating landscapes.
READ NEXT: Transportation: Getting Around Dubai