According to a report from GMA News, a 58-year-old Filipina in Dubai died due to a coronavirus, which was cited by a statement by Philippine Labor Secretary Silvestre Bello III. The type of coronavirus was not clarified.
However, the Dubai government clarified that the statements made by the Bello were false and that the cause of death of the Filipina was due to pneumonia.
Filipina Maid Dies in Dubai due to Pneumonia, NOT 2019-nCoV
The Dubai government also explained that the Filipina was suffering from a respiratory infection and had tested negative for the novel coronavirus.
Dubai Media Office denies false statements attributed to the Philippine Labour Secretary regarding a Filipina dying in Dubai due to the coronavirus. The cause of death was pneumonia and the woman had tested negative for novel coronavirus.
Below is the Tweet from the Government of Dubai Media Office:
.@DXBMediaOffice denies false statements attributed to the Philippine Labour Secretary regarding a Filipina dying in Dubai due to the coronavirus. The cause of death was pneumonia and the woman had tested negative for novel coronavirus.
— Dubai Media Office (@DXBMediaOffice) February 6, 2020
Updates about Coronavirus in UAE:
- UAE Confirms First Case of New Coronavirus
- UAE Warns against Rumours about Coronavirus in the UAE
- 4 members of Chinese family infected with new coronavirus in UAE
- UAE Ministry of Health & Prevention: “General Health Situation is not a Cause of Concern”
- 2019-nCoV Coronavirus Declared as a Global Health Emergency
- UAE Announces 5th Case of Coronavirus Infection
- PLEASE READ: UAE Health Ministry Guidelines on Coronavirus 2019-nCoV
- Burj Khalifa Lights up and Shows Support for Wuhan China
- UAE Suspends Flights to China (Except Beijing)