There are many malls in Dubai, each with its own unique style and attractions. One of these is Mercato, an Italian-inspired shopping destination located on Jumeirah Beach Road.
ALSO READ: List of Shopping Malls in Sharjah
Interestingly, “mercato” is Italian for “market” — hence the name of this community mall serving not only the residents of Jumeirah, but visitors from all over the UAE and beyond!
Exploring Mercato Shopping Mall in Dubai
Spanning an area of 643,067 square feet, Mercato welcomes tens of thousands of tourists every year. It offers fashion and lifestyle brands, cafés, restaurants, movies, and more!
Here are just some of the things you will see at Mercato:
- More than 140 shops and service outlets;
- Fashion outlets selling popular clothing brands, footwear, accessories, homeware, etc.;
- Cafés and restaurants serving fast food as well as local and international cuisines;
- Spinneys Supermarket offering fresh produce, baked goods, food, grocery items; and
- Entertainment attractions including VOX Cinemas, Virgin Megastore, and Fun City.
After shopping, you can choose from a variety of restaurants offering Arabic cuisine, French cuisine, and international menus. The mall’s cobbled streets and terraces resemble a quaint Italian neighbourhood — a relaxing ambiance, where you can dine “al fresco!”
Meanwhile, VOX Cinemas has seven VIP screens, huge VIP seats, and a gourmet menu, not to mention state-of-the-art movie projection and impressive surround sound systems.
When traveling with your family, head to Fun City, an entertainment hub offering exciting rides, redemption games, and other fun activities for kids of all ages!
Opening Hours & Location
The mall is open daily at the following hours:
- Shopping Mall — 10 am to 10 pm
- VOX Cinemas — 10 am until late
- Spinneys Supermarket — 8 am to 12 midnight
- Cafés & Restaurants — 10 am to 10 pm
NOTE: The opening hours of some cafés and restaurants may differ. You may contact the specific café or restaurant for the exact timings.
When traveling by car, simply follow the signs heading to Jumeirah Beach Road. You will find Mercato between Dubai Zoo and Jumeirah Beach Park.
When traveling by bus, take note of these buses, which stop outside Mercato:
- Bus No. 8 (Al Ghubaiba to Al Mina Al Siyahi)
- Bus No. 88 (Deira City Centre to Dubai Internet City)
- Bus No. C10 (Hamriya Port to Jumeirah Beach Park)
On the other hand, if you’re traveling via Dubai Metro, the nearest stop to the mall is the Financial Centre Station. Once you get there, grab a quick 5 to 7-minute taxi ride to Mercato.
Contact Information – Mercato Shopping Mall
Address: Jumeirah Beach Road, Dubai
Telephone: +971 4 344 4161
ALSO READ: List of Shopping Malls in Ajman
Indeed, there is a great variety of shopping malls in the emirate. And if you’re looking for a place with an Italian atmosphere and “vibe,” then look no further than Mercato! Meanwhile, here’s a list of things to do in Dubai, aside from shopping, dining, and watching movies!