Two new cases of the new novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV) have been announced by the UAE Ministry of Health & Prevention. In a post from their official Twitter account, the patients underwent continuous periodic screening as per standards imposed by the World Health Organization (WHO) and were confirmed to have the symptoms.
The nationalities of the two new cases are Filipino and Chinese. These persons are now under observation and in medical care. The total persons infected with the new coronavirus now totals to 7 (which includes a first case from a Chinese national, and the four from a Chinese family).
MoHaP mentions that they are working closely with concerned authorities and departments to take all necessary and preventing measures to ensure safety and security measures.
Below is a Tweet from the Ministry of Health and Prevention:
The UAE Ministry of Health and Prevention, MoHAP, announced today two new cases of coronavirus, bringing the total number of cases to seven in the country.#mohap_uae #coronavirus pic.twitter.com/y8C7MC16xA
— وزارة الصحة ووقاية المجتمع الإماراتية – MOHAP UAE (@mohapuae) February 8, 2020
Below is the statement from the MoHaP on the 2 new cases:
(WAM/Hazem Hussein/MOHD AAMIR) — The UAE Ministry of Health and Prevention, MoHAP, announced today two new cases of coronavirus, bringing the total number of cases to seven in the country.
The patients were identified through the continuous periodic screening being conducted in accordance with the standards of the World Health Organisation, WHO, for people with symptoms of the new coronavirus.
In a statement, the Ministry said that the new cases, who are of Chinese and Filipino nationalities, are under observation and necessary medical care according to the highest health standards applicable in the country, stressing the effectiveness of the online reporting system.
The Ministry added that all health facilities will continue to report any new cases suspected to have coronavirus.
The Ministry also said it works in coordination with all departments and concerned authorities in the country to take all precautionary and preventive measures and ensure the safety and security of the UAE’s citizens and residents.
Updates about Coronavirus in UAE:
- UAE Confirms First Case of New Coronavirus
- UAE Warns against Rumours about Coronavirus in the UAE
- 4 members of Chinese family infected with new coronavirus in UAE
- UAE Ministry of Health & Prevention: “General Health Situation is not a Cause of Concern”
- 2019-nCoV Coronavirus Declared as a Global Health Emergency
- UAE Announces 5th Case of Coronavirus Infection
- PLEASE READ: UAE Health Ministry Guidelines on Coronavirus 2019-nCoV
- Burj Khalifa Lights up and Shows Support for Wuhan China
- UAE Suspends Flights to China (Except Beijing)
- 2 New Cases of Coronavirus Announced in UAE