The Philippine Embassy in UAE posted an advisory regarding the Filipino who was reported to have been infected with the new coronavirus (2019-nCoV). The embassy informs the public that they will fully coordinate with the UAE health authorities in assisting with the Filipino patient.
In a report announced by the UAE Ministry of Health and Prevention, two new cases of the coronavirus have been confirmed and one of the persons infected is a Filipino. The Filipino is now under medical observation and has been given the highest standards of medical attention. The total number of persons infected with the novel coronavirus in the UAE is now seven.
The Philippine Embassy in UAE also advises Filipinos to always follow proper hygiene procedures.
The public is also advised to get the information from the UAE authorities and not to spread any unverified information.
Philippine Embassy in UAE to coordinate with UAE to assist Filipino afflicted by 2019-nCoV
Below is the statement issued by the Philippine Embassy in UAE:
The Embassy informs the public that it will fully coordinate with UAE health authorities on the case of the Filipino who was reported to have been afflicted by novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV). As per report that came out today from the Emirates Ministry of Health and Prevention (MoHAP), the concerned Filipino is under observation and is being given the necessary medical care in accordance with the highest standards in the UAE.
With this in mind, the Embassy reminds all Filipinos in the UAE to always follow the hygiene protocols of the MoHAP and the World Health Organization (WHO).
Also, the public is advised to only get their information from UAE health authorities and not to post or share in social media and digital messaging any unverified information.
Updates about Coronavirus in UAE:
- UAE Confirms First Case of New Coronavirus
- UAE Warns against Rumours about Coronavirus in the UAE
- 4 members of Chinese family infected with new coronavirus in UAE
- UAE Ministry of Health & Prevention: “General Health Situation is not a Cause of Concern”
- 2019-nCoV Coronavirus Declared as a Global Health Emergency
- UAE Announces 5th Case of Coronavirus Infection
- PLEASE READ: UAE Health Ministry Guidelines on Coronavirus 2019-nCoV
- Burj Khalifa Lights up and Shows Support for Wuhan China
- UAE Suspends Flights to China (Except Beijing)
- 2 New Cases of Coronavirus Announced in UAE
- Philippine Embassy in UAE to Assist UAE Authorities with Filipino Infected with Coronavirus