Just last week, we mentioned that there could be a long weekend in the UAE this August. Well, it has been confirmed! There will be a 9-day break for the public sector during Eid Al Adha. The nine days of no work will take place when we factor in both weekends (Fridays & Saturdays) before and after the work-day break.
WAM News Agency reported that the Eid Al Adha holiday for UAE ministries and federal departments starts on 19th August (Sunday) and lasts until 23rd August 2018 (Thursday). The UAE Cabinet also declared that official work will resume on 26th August 2018 (Sunday).
UAE Cabinet Declares 1-Week Break for Public Sector
The week-long holiday includes Arafat Day, which takes place the day before the beginning of Eid Al Adha. Notably, the Saudi Supreme Court recently declared that Eid Al Adha would fall on 21st August 2018 (Tuesday).
To mark the occasion, the UAE Cabinet extends its greetings to:
- President His Highness Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan;
- His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, the Vice President, Prime Minister and Ruler of Dubai;
- His Highness Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi and Deputy Supreme Commander of the UAE Armed Forces;
- Their Highnesses, Members of the Supreme Council and Rulers of the Emirates; and
- The people of the UAE and Arab and Islamic countries.
— WAM News / English (@WAMNEWS_ENG) August 11, 2018
Although the break for the private sector is yet to be announced, we can all expect to get extra days of during the holidays. In any case, now is the time to make some plans with your family and friends! How about an exciting tour around the 7 emirates of the UAE?!