Before you head out to the train, it is wise to get to know the rules and regulations on how to behave in the metro station. It’s much wiser when you are aware about the Fines that one has to pay in case a person violates any of these rules.
So what are the violations inside the metro station in Dubai? Here’s the list of Offenses with their corresponding Fines when riding the Metro Station. The information is taken from the Road Transport Authority (RTA) Metro Fines leaflet.
Violations and Fines in Dubai’s RTA Metro Station
Fine: 100 AED
- Causing inconvenience, discomfort or distress to other passengers in any way whatsoever.
- Entering cabins or sitting in seats reserved for certain categories of passenger when not eligible to do so.
- Putting your feet on seats.
- Eating and drinking on trains and other prohibited areas.
- Using lifts or escalators in an improper manner.
- Climbing or jumping on any public transport building or vehicle
- Non compliance with RTA’s instructions for the use of public transport facilities and public transport vehicles as described by the signage.
- Entering into prohibited areas of the public transport environment or public transport vehicles.
- Opening the door or attempting to access or leave any public transport vehicle that is moving.
- Bringing animals onto any public transport vehicle or environment, except guide dogs for blind passengers.
- Carrying or using materials or equipment that can cause disturbance or a safety hazard to other passengers.
- Standing or sitting on any part of the public transport environment and public transport vehicles not designated for passengers.
- Parking in a Metro user’s designated space for more than 24 hours.
Fine 200 AED
- Traveling without a valid ticket for your intended journey.
- Using personalized travel cards belonging to someone else.
- Failing to comply with the instructions of RTA’s inspectors or authorized personnel.
- Using an expired or invalid Nol card.
- Selling a Nol card without permission from RTA.
- Spitting, littering or causing any visible stains to any public transport vehicle or environment.
- Smoking inside any public transport vehicle or environment.
- Carrying weapons, flammable articles or any hazardous materials inside any public transport vehicle or environment.
- Carrying alcoholic drinks inside any public transport vehicle or environment.
- Selling goods, merchandise or promoting anything by way of advertisement inside any public transport vehicle or environment.
- Distracting the driver of any public transport vehicle or commit any action which may cause visual obstruction whilst on a moving public transport vehicle.
Fine: 250 AED
- Parking in a Metro user’s designated space for more than 48 hours.
Fine: 300 AED
Sleeping in the waiting areas, shelters or any place in a public transport environment.
Fine: 500 AED
- Using a forged Nol card or Nol ticket.
- Damaging, vandalizing or tampering with any devices, equipment on trains or in any part of the public transport environment.
Fine: 2000 AED
- Operating or using any facility or device related to security or safety including emergency exits if not required.
Please take note of the rules. They have been put in place to ensure you have a great experience on the Dubai Metro.
-From the Dubai Road Transport Authority: Together We Build the Future of Dubai
Follow us on Twitter to get job updates and news!