Situated in the heart of “New Dubai,” along Interchange 4 on Sheikh Zayed Road, is the Mall of the Emirates, which is dubbed as “the world’s first shopping resort.”
ALSO READ: List of Filipino Restaurants in Dubai
Even if you haven’t been to this mall before, you can’t miss it while driving along Sheikh Zayed Road, as you’re bound to see the slope of Ski Dubai, an indoor ski destination that is part of the Mall of the Emirates… along with other exciting attractions and activities!
Fun & Excitement at the Mall of the Emirates
As the name itself implies, the Mall of the Emirates is one of the most popular shopping destinations in the United Arab Emirates (UAE). Spanning a 233,467-square metre area, it offers plenty of shopping, dining, and entertainment options — all in one place!
Here are just some of the things that you can expect to see at the mall:
- More than 640 brands featuring the latest in fashion, sports, gadgets, and more;
- Over 100 dining outlets (i.e. restaurants, food courts, and cafés);
- More than 80 renowned designer brands;
- The largest Carrefour supermarket in the city of Dubai; and
- Entertainment attractions, namely Dreamscape, Magic Planet, Ski Dubai, VOX Cinemas, and Yalla! Bowling.
What’s more, the hotel has direct access to these luxury hotels: the five-star Sheraton Dubai Mall of the Emirates Hotel and the five-star Kempinski Mall of the Emirates.
The regular opening hours of the mall are as follows:
- Shops — Sunday to Wednesday (10 am to 10 pm) / Thursday to Saturday (10 am to 12 midnight)
- Restaurants & Food Courts — Sunday to Wednesday (10 am to 10 pm) / Thursday to Saturday (10 am to 12 midnight)
- Carrefour — Saturday to Wednesday (9 am to 12 midnight) / Thursday to Friday (9 am to 1 am)
- VOX Cinemas — Daily (10 am to 1 am)
- Magic Planet — Saturday to Wednesday (10 am to 11 pm) / Thursday to Friday (10 am to 12 midnight)
- Ski Dubai — Sunday to Wednesday (10 am to 11 pm) / Thursday (10 am to 12 midnight) / Friday (9 am to 12 midnight) / Saturday (9 am to 11 pm)
Address: Sheikh Zayed Road, Dubai, UAE
Telephone: +971 4 409 9000
Aside from driving your own car, you can reach the mall by taking the Dubai Metro. The Mall of the Emirates Station is on the Red Line and connected directly to the mall via an overhead walkway. If you prefer the bus, you can get off at the bus terminal next to the metro station.
ALSO READ: 5 Tips When Shopping at Dragon Mart
Whether you’re in Dubai for a quick visit or a longer stay, you shouldn’t miss exploring the malls around the city, such as the Mall of the Emirates. Meanwhile, here’s a list of shopping malls in Dubai, to serve as your guide to the city’s shopping and entertainment attractions.