Dubai’s Crown Prince and Chairman of the Dubai Executive Council H.H Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum on Thursday (February 20) inaugurated Dubai Health Authority’s (DHA) first fully Artificial Intelligence (Ai) autonomous medical fitness center ‘Smart Salem‘.
With the cooperation of Dubai’s General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs (GDRFA), the new smart facility is expected to shorten the time it takes to register, undergo medical exams, and issue residency visas from 28 hours to only 30 minutes.
7 Steps: Here’s How to Apply for a UAE Medical Visa through the New Smart Salem
The medial fitness facility, the world’s first-of-its-kind center, is equipped with the Fourth Industrial Revolution’s technologies, including artificial intelligence (Ai), robotics and the Internet of Things (IoT).
‘Smart Salem’ provides medical fitness and occupational screening services using Ai and Internet of Things (IoT), which enable the center to complete medical fitness processes with limited human interference, reducing the time of completion to 30 minutes and eliminate any errors.
The smart medical screening service will target VIPs, investors, and holders of the golden residency visa in its first phase. The new center can cater to up to 150 customers per day.
The smart medical fitness test is priced at AED 700.
Here’s how it works:
- Upon visiting the Smart Salem center, customers will be able to give their car to the smart VIP valet service, which combines facial and plate recognition to identify them so that the car can be recalled when their journey is completed autonomously. Once they enter, guests will be greeted by a robot that will direct them to a screen for self- registration using their facial and Iris print.
- Customers will then be guided by a first-of-its-kind personalized Smart Q-system, which calls the customer by their name and their photo and then directs them to the blood withdrawal booths, which have transparent Smart Glass doors that electronically become tinted once the customer walks in to ensure their privacy using voice control. The rooms also have screens with different scenery options, which customers can choose from to allow for a relaxing environment during the test.
- A nurse will then use an electronic device to locate the vein for occupational health or the unique push-button device to withdraw the blood painlessly for medical fitness tests.
- After the nurse extracts the needed sample, they will hand over the blood samples along with the passport to the Robot, which transfers the blood samples to the lab and passport to the GDRFA officer. After that, the patient is directed to the x-ray room.
- After completing their tests, customers can wash their hands using an innovative Smart Wash technology, which is timed to ensure that customers wash their hands correctly and it helps reduce water wastage by 90 percent.
- Meanwhile, the system automatically sends the results to the concerned parties in a secure way. Customers will be able to make the payment via smart channels such as Apple pay, Samsung pay, mPay, and ePay, to name a few.
- While customers wait for their documents to be prepared, they relax in the lounge area and have refreshments and light snacks presented by the vending robot or order other items on the smart tables to get it delivered by the catering robot. They can also use the tablets available in the waiting area.
At every step of the process, the customer is verified by facial and iris recognition to eliminate errors and provide a hassle-free experience. Even the bathrooms are equipped with Smart Mirrors that can be voice-controlled to present any content.
The center utilizes the AI Pod to measure vital functions, which includes blood pressure, height, weight, body temperature, etc.) and gathers medical history using IoT technology, which in turn analyses the information and highlights the risk parameters for the physician. The results will then be sent to the Salem system electronically, reducing time and eliminating possible errors.
The center has also employed four robots, each with a different function which includes customer service, relay, catering, vending, etc.) to guarantee the comfort and happiness of customers and ensure that the customer’s journey is transformed from a routine process to an efficient and innovative process.
Through the use of these technologies, the processing time for this service will be effectively limited to 30 minutes or less, which includes the stamping and release of the visa.
On top of this, the process also ensures that the customer has an entertaining and quick experience.
The entire experience is completely paperless and requires no data entry; and thus, it leaves no risk for errors.
Here is a video clip shared by the Dubai Health Authority (DHA) via Twitter:
Smart Salem Centre, medical fitness and occupational screening facility at @CitywalkDubai, reduce a customer’s waiting time from 28 hours to 30 minutes, to get his residency visa issued, in cooperation with @GDRFADUBAI. pic.twitter.com/2Pmgg7PZlF
— هيئة الصحة بدبي (@DHA_Dubai) February 22, 2020
It is worth noting that Dubai’s Smart Salem is the first autonomous government service and was launched in line with the UAE leadership’s vision of using AI in serving the public to achieve customer satisfaction.
Commenting on this new service, Maisa Al Bustani, Director of the Medical Fitness Services Department at the DHA, shared:
The medical fitness test is a mandatory requirement for all expats in the UAE. Medical fitness screening is a prerequisite for a residency, employment or education visa.
Smart Salem provides medical fitness and occupational screening services using AI and the Internet of Things (IoT), which enables the center to complete medical fitness processes with minimal human interference.
According to His Highness Sheikh Mohammed, Vice President, Prime Minister and Ruler of Dubai, “UAE Centennial 2071 forges ahead now by launching mega enterprises like Artificial Intelligence to lay a solid basis for the coming period,” affirming that AI is “the new wave after the Smart Government upon which all UAE services, sectors and future infrastructure will rely on.”
Sheikh Mohammed further noted that the UAE seeks to be a major hub for developing AI techniques and legislation, adding that “the UAE’s 2071 Strategy is founded on a set of fundamentals, primarily Artificial Intelligence across all our government and private sectors.”
The Smart Salem Center is located in City Walk by Meraas.
Google Map Location: